FT League

O

old.b_beans

Max E-Vain wrote:
"why isnt there a league ?! such a great mod deserves a league, i was an admin for the uk jailbreak league and would be willing to help out in the running of a ft league... "

Sounds like a great idea :) Some of us have been trying for ages to get a league together. Nothing so far, so perhaps we should all have another bash at getting a league together.

As to jb (Q2 Jail Break) - it was a great mod (as good as FT, even) and I'll miss playing it. I stopped playing it cos. fewer and fewer players connected. I know players tried to get something together at Xmas time :( Anyway, FT is very popular, so it should run for some time m8. Nice to see me ol' jb m8s on FT :)

Beans (katie) FT Admin
[Wf?]Clanie

O

old.evain

well hopefully jb still has a bit of life in it somewhere, the server is a bit b0rked atm, one of the reasons why i dont really like it atm, but ft is just as good.

so can we make the ft league a goer ?

how many clans r there ?
ive seen a few about, but think we need to get some numbers down, also there are loads of dm clans about, maybe could get some of them interested in ft and a league.

could we get servers from bw ?

few priliminaries and with enuff support could get this goin

ev

O

old.b_beans

Re:Numbers

There are quite a few clans. We also have a second server, which might be used as a League one. I'm the Admin Liason, but am having a few problems getting in contact with BW, at the mo. :(

Beans

O

old.evain

/me joins #ukftl on irc.barrysworld.net
:D

O

old.Flake

Surely this wouldnt require too much organisation...

The way I see it there are about enough Freeze Tag clans to fill one division, the Barrysworld bookables have the freeze tag mod on it (i think) and so if each of the clans got a bookable account, and booked a certain slot each week , then there are your servers.

All you then need is a website, and some admins, and someone willing to run it.

So all im saying is the best thing for you to do is get a few peeps willing to run a league together and sort it out! The servers are already there right under your nose

Flake

O

old.evain

is that allowed ? =)

well as i sed b4 iz willing to be involved in the runnin of a ft league

i could rustle us up a quick webby, nuthin flash tho, jus a simple lil page done in notepad =)

S

*se7en*

:)

I was one of the admins for the UKFTL... and it didn't go very well. There was always a shit turnout for the games, nobody was really bothered.
I think the only way the leagues will work if there is one set up by BarrysWorld.
:) l8r

O

old.evain

i doubt the ppl at bw have time to run a relatively small league

O

old.b_beans

Re: BW

I agree m8 - Especially for a Q2 mod. Perhaps if it was for Q3, or CS... We is in da back waters with Q2 :(

But we luv Q2 and FT :) n' that's all that matters!

Beans

O

old.EoDKnobber

RE FT league

been there done that didn't bother with the t-shirt. In the dim and distant past we tried to get a legue organised on the basis of a squash ladder ie you could only challenge up to two places above you . This however faded out despite FT being very popular with some top flight clans involved ours being one (EoD topped the clq stats at the time and were rated best in the world).
I've just returned to playing it after a long lay off and it still kicks ass, however whats this 3 team crap and hook nonsense and who the firk leaves the bfg in the map....i mean FT with the bfg = lunacy.
Still if we all keep playing and show that its popular hopefully they wont pull the plug on sexy rexy. We can but hope.

O

old.evain

aye, the clq is rather ghey

jus play loads and u come first

O

old.b_beans

Re:The Server

Hi EoD Clanie,

The Server is feckered. BW lost the hard disk! :p And then loaded up anything (well, that's what it looks like) :) I've been trying for over two weeks to get the smegger sorted, but have had little success - other than getting map voting back (which was beginning to get a few players ready to come after me n' skin ma balls). Anyway, it's good to see a EoD member back, n' I hope to frag yer butt... ;)

But that BFG - it just has to go! Fingers crossed.

Beans
Admin FT1 & 2

O

old.EoDKnobber

well here's hoping then.
Why three teams though????..sorry can't get my head 'round it,as for clq, well it only matters if you're on top (as in a lot of things) but we still kisk ass. Well if i can persuade the other bods to leave Q3 and countershite alone ,well hope ta have you in my sight sometime soon

O

old.Flake

if you would have problems with a league due to clans not turning up/folding then I suggest a ladder.

Clans can join the ladder and leave it at any time. Clans challenge others on the ladder, arrange the date amongst themselves, play the game and report the result. The ladder is updated accordingly.

I suggest trying http://www.savageuk.com they currently host a number of ladders and I see no reason why they wouldnt create a freeze tag ladder for you.

Flake

O

old.[EoD]Grail

lo Se7en:)

long time no see se7en, wot ever happened to that sheep boy called Gambit:))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom