Rant frustrating tasks

Ormorof

FH is my second home
you know the feeling when you are really happy you have nearly finished a soulless, evil task that is slowly eating your brain, and then you realise the excel filter is on meaning it has hidden more than half the task so i am not even halfway done nooooooooooooooooooooooo :flame:

feel better now that i have that off my chest :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh yes, had that happen yesterday too. Then again, i just went "Meh" and took a nap, will do it today maybe :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
What I find annoying is people not being able to follow simple procedures and in doing so creating even more work for me. Muppets.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
sitting behind someone doing 19 in a 30 zone

thats pretty frustrating

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Surely having to do something so tediously dull that it requires the use of Excel is the real source of frustration?

I have no idea how people can do jobs that rely on Excel. Brainmelt.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
If you're not an accountant and someone sends you a fucking, wa@nking
excelshitbolaks file...they should be shot, no excuses
..back of the head.

Because it uses little boxes, people get all excited and put all their shit and
then ask you to populate it so you can send it back and they can take it to the toilets to have a data wank over it's tidyness.

Excel is a pile of steaming shit, along side anything PD feckin F, which
also ranks as of the the most user unfriendly, resource hoggin bolaks to ever infest the net.

'Yes dear, I've collected all the meal choices for next weeks charity lunch and
put them in an Excel file which I'm going to send over to y...BANG!!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
PDFs are good, as long as you need to print them out.

For actual computer usage they do suck a lot.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
sitting behind someone doing 19 in a 30 zone

thats pretty frustrating

Had that today, except they also slowed down to 10mph for the smallest humps known to man, on a stretch of road where you can easily do 40 over the humps. Worst bit was that 4 of us were trapped behind him, and couldn't overtake because of oncoming traffic :(

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
When someone from General enters OT

thats pretty frustrating

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
is that a sexual frustration, or are you just pleased to see me?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
but but but I thought you loved me :(:(:(

Helme

Resident Freddy
PDFs are good, as long as you need to print them out.

For actual computer usage they do suck a lot.
Depends on the reader imo. The standard Adobe one is just pure shit but something like Foxit makes it fairly painless.

As for frustrating tasks? Changing a character you're writings gender because he fits better as a she and you have to go through 100 pages or so of text manually switching all "he" to "she". That shit took me like 3 hours and 4 complete re-reads to fix :/

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Who wants to tell him how easy it is to batch change something like that in a text document? I don't have the heart.

Oh wait, turns out I do.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not as simple as just changing every reference though is it Wazz, only in reference to that character.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Shhhh, I've just been mightily fucked around by estate agents, I'm not on top form.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Had two viewings today: one halfway between Chessington and Epsom at 18:00, and one in Surbiton at 18:40.

In order to get back in time to be able to view the first, I had to leave work over 2 hours early. We get there and spent 25 minutes waiting for the daft bint to find the place. She got lost trying to find it. Then when she's finally found it, she can't find the flat itself. Takes 5 minutes to realise it's round the back. When we find it, we go up and go in. There's someone in there, but it's not the tenant. We have permission from the tenant to view the property, so legally, the guy in there has no grounds for not letting us in.

He refuses to let us in, and the stupid bint just accepts it.

It's now 18:30 and I have 10 minutes to do a 20 minute journey. I manage it, thanks to my super elite Corolla driving skills. We turn up at exactly 18:40.

19:05 and the agent hasn't shown up. No phone call, nothing. Left annoyed voicemail and came home.

I now have to catch up on the 2 hours plus work I missed this evening from home.

Looking for a new place is stressful enough, particularly when like me you have to leave work early to see places, then catch up on that work. If you don't even get to see those places because estate agents have no idea how to do their incredibly easy job and then have to do all that.... Well, quite frankly I'm very annoyed.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Too many things can go wrong to be honest, never book more than one viewing unless they are a short walk from each other.

Confirm with the agent they have keys, and ask lots of questions before hand. It's swings and roundabouts, agents mess up, tenants mess up and you can mess up.

I've forgotten a couple of times to be somewhere, but more often it's the people who want to view who are late or don't show.

For both agents; are they with big companies? Phone up and ask to speak to the manager, or pop in and complain, a lot.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Just do it near the end for an M Night SHayamsaiuyanaksfndasfSTUPID style twist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom