TV Frozen Planet

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Those katabatic antarctic winds are pretty frightening - 130-200mph! (209 - 321 kph)

Lowest temp ever recorded on earth was at the antarctic: -89.2C (-128.6 F)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Another great episode - "Autumn". Those emperor penguins are awesome. Loved the filming at the end where they were guessing which exit they would come out from :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Another great episode - "Autumn". Those emperor penguins are awesome. Loved the filming at the end where they were guessing which exit they would come out from :)

I was in histerics when the diver got out and sat on the edge and countless penguins went flying out the water and knocking him about. . . what an experience that must have been, but I expect he would have been rather bruised.

As well as watching this show, Im watching Nordic wild which is on something like National discovery Wild - - - another great show though at times it seems that they share some footage with Frozen planet.. but I may be wrong about that. Havent seen the episode that got me interested in seeing it though, a lovely wild cat (think it is a lynx) jumping out the snow. The animal looks amazing and moment i saw it in the advert I knew I was watching that show :D

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Not watching this. Waiting for the blu-ray release on 8 December. The BBC stuff is so good it's worth owning them all on BD :cool:

Embattle

FH is my second home
I was in histerics when the diver got out and sat on the edge and countless penguins went flying out the water and knocking him about. . . what an experience that must have been, but I expect he would have been rather bruised.

As well as watching this show, Im watching Nordic wild which is on something like National discovery Wild - - - another great show though at times it seems that they share some footage with Frozen planet.. but I may be wrong about that. Havent seen the episode that got me interested in seeing it though, a lovely wild cat (think it is a lynx) jumping out the snow. The animal looks amazing and moment i saw it in the advert I knew I was watching that show :D

Yeah it was rather funny.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I didnt realise how devious Killer Whales were until I watched this, seeing them work as a group using waves, terrain, drowning etc to take down prey is just scary.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Not watching this. Waiting for the blu-ray release on 8 December. The BBC stuff is so good it's worth owning them all on BD :cool:

The HD broadcast is pretty awesome tbh. It's not the kind of thing I'd buy though as I don't think I'd ever watch them again, same with Planet Earth etc.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Indeed, the picture is flawless and the surround sound is just as good. Can't see how it could be much better.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Another cracking episode: Winter.

The bison-wolf hunt/fight was brilliant.

Corran

Part of the furniture
That wolf was gonna be saw in the morning. It was amazing fight but sad to watch in some ways as it leaves you feeling both the animals may died from it.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Didnt get why the male wolf backed off and never aided the female wolf in the fight. The shot of the emperor pingings kuddling together in winter and the polar bear walking in the dark and the above mentioned fight where stuff of awesomeness.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Aye, the wolf must have been seriously injured (gougings, broken ribs if not broken bones, and a tail that won't wag anymore :cry:)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Those katabatic antarctic winds are pretty frightening - 130-200mph! (209 - 321 kph)

Pah, I capped at 200+mph on Katabatic in Tribes this afternoon with the enemy hard on my ass all the way home.

Top that eh, david. Eh? EH?!!! :eek:

Edit: Oh and,

scheduling issues my spiky ballsack (I've not trimmed recently)... :eek:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Didnt get why the male wolf backed off and never aided the female wolf in the fight. The shot of the emperor pingings kuddling together in winter and the polar bear walking in the dark and the above mentioned fight where stuff of awesomeness.

Male wolf obviously reckoned they had bitten off more than they could chew...but the bison was pretty much their only food out there, so they had to go for it or risk dying from hunger. I make the female right, but the male should have gone in with pbaoe

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe he thought "let the bitch take the risk" eh?

Seems quite a sensible evolutionary tactic to me. After all, plenty more women out there...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cannot wait to see this episode. Any documentary done by BBC Bristol just amazes me everytime. They truly are the masters of the world when it comes to this type of filming. Kudos to the crews that make it possible. Jaw dropping stuff.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Spare a thought for the conditions the crew have to brave to film that stuff. 100mph+ winds, 10s of degrees below zero, ice, snow, deep ravines, polar bears, and the fact that if something goes wrong, they're on their own till the rescue team turns up.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Spare a thought for the conditions the crew have to brave to film that stuff. 100mph+ winds, 10s of degrees below zero, ice, snow, deep ravines, polar bears, and the fact that if something goes wrong, they're on their own till the rescue team turns up.
Exactly the point of my post, kudos to the crew. Some of the shots we see have taken several weeks to film/capture.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Gah, that or work in a bank? Spare a thought for all those stuck in mind numbing jobs they hate...

Wish I'd chosen that when I was younger, but didn't even understand it was an option.

But, kudos tho ;)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I work in a bank, and I would sooner work with Emperor Penguins than some of the corporate stereotypes I have to work with. Honestly, some of the American execs haven't left the 80s.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Someone posted a link to a parka (some norwegian super warm really cool looking stuff) back in the summer (!). They looked awesome. If strapped for cash, I guess there's always the option of popping down to London Zoo, wait till no one's looking, strap a couple of penguins to you, and sneak out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom