TV Frozen Planet

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Parkas remind me of East is East, sorry to derail the thread....

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
How did they get the shots of the baby polar bears in their den? That was awesome

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
They do stuff like that all the time in nature docs, it's the only way to get footage properly. They do it wil birds, insects etc. but no-one's ever said it's a scandal before.

rynnor

Rockhound
It was odd that they didnt show it in the making of segment at the end.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
There's only so much time they have in those slots, and it's far more interesting watching people shoot on location and the difficulties of doing so. A controlled shoot is pretty dull from a behind the scenes POV.

rynnor

Rockhound
You dont think they wanted to preserve the illusion that this was incredible live footage? Its about the only artificial footage in the whole series right?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
As I said before, I thought this stuff was pretty common knowledge. It's certainly not something they kept secret in previous docs.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Simple Common sense, says theres no way they could have shot it in the wild. You would need to follow a mother bear around all year, hope shes pregnant then wait till shes in hibernation then set up cameras with battery packs to last months and hope the bear doesn't push it over or away. Crazy Sun stirring things up again, that paper is getting worse and worse. They wouldn't know facts if they came up and sat on their faces declaring 'facts are here again!'

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
What would people want? A massive disclaimer over all the footage going "SHOT IN A FUCKING ZOO" permanently, so as not to "mislead" people?

Corran

Part of the furniture
they mention it a zoo on the dvd apparently in the extras... so not hidiing the fact. stupid sun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom