Frontiers - The RvR expansion...

P

Pin

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1249.shtml

-------------------------------------------------------------

Taking the Wraps off Frontiers
Posted By: Matt Firor 2003-12-10 09:59:36

It is time to officially take the wraps off our next big project, codenamed "Frontiers". This is Dark Age of Camelot’s long-awaited RvR overhaul; where we take the lessons we’ve learned from the last two years of RvR combat and make appropriate changes. This will be a free expansion, available via download. It is currently scheduled to go into a limited beta in February.

We know that this is a much anticipated update for Camelot, and as such we plan to keep the community fully informed about its design and development details. There will be no secrets in Frontiers – we’ll make all the appropriate information public as soon as we can, so that you, the Camelot community, will have plenty of time to make comments, give your feedback, and be part of the process.

There are three overall goals for Frontiers – goals that every design decision will be evaluated against. The design goals are:

- Make RvR combat more accessible – finding battles more quickly. We want players to be able to log in, find a battle, and RvR.

- Add more tactics and diversity through geography, siege/boat warfare, expanded keep upgrading options. There will be more disparate places to engage in RvR, with more strategic elements.

- More concrete bonuses and abilities as rewards for RvR – in other words, make the awards for RvR more obvious and better presented, and make sure that the Realm ability system is well balanced and logical.

The first big change in Frontiers will be the reorganization of each Realm’s frontier zones into one "region", which means that there will be no zoning between the frontiers. This will make it much easier to communicate with other players, and to travel from one frontier area to another. Each Realm’s new frontier area will be separated from the others by an ocean.

This is the first in a series of regular updates that we’ll be releasing about the Frontiers expansion. In the next update: a map of the updated Midgard frontier.

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Pin
- Add more tactics and diversity through geography, siege/boat warfare, expanded keep upgrading options. There will be more disparate places to engage in RvR, with more strategic elements.

Each Realm’s new frontier area will be separated from the others by an ocean.
Ocean RvR in Boats! :clap:

Yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirates life for me! :drink: :swords: :cheers:

I wanna capture DH and make them all walk the plank! :D

A

Aule Valar

pboae on boats, not a good idea i'm thinking

G

Gordonax

So US limited beta February... probably US release in Summer (August?)... over in Europe by 2005... maybe...

Reopening my US account looks better and better. :D

S

saltymcpepper

wow!
when you see a ship full of invisible people, youll know its not a magic ghost ship, its the 3fgs of infils that camp amg on their way to emain ;/

P

Pin

Originally posted by Gordonax
So US limited beta February... probably US release in Summer (August?)... over in Europe by 2005... maybe...

My guess is it will mirror the Foundations schedule, and as long as GOA aren't hacked again that would put it as Q3 2004.

W

wolfen_rb

Originally posted by Pin
bla bla bla In the next update: a map of the updated Midgard frontier. bla !

u c ? Mythic loves Midgard :hat:

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
wow!
when you see a ship full of invisible people, youll know its not a magic ghost ship, its the 3fgs of infils that camp amg on their way to emain ;/

givf a boatload of jaguars!

M

marczje

wow!
xD

P

PJS

Originally posted by Gordonax

nah US release date will magically coincide with a competitors launch date :p

V

Vodor

just remove guard patrols and milegates, rvr would be 5x more fun without having to wait a year for some stupid boats

R

Rulke-RM

Vodor just wants to kill grey cons outside frontier keeps without pesky bluecon guards owning him :/

O

old.Niljindil

Nice! Might even start playing again if this is as good as it sounds :D

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by PJS
nah US release date will magically coincide with a competitors launch date :p
Same time as WoW open beta prolly ;)

Y

-yoda-

wow!

lol this comming from a odins zergling :) ns/rangers in odins zerg FAR FAR more than infils or sb's ever did ;. so stfu :)

. the Sea thing seperating frontiers i dont like sound of .. could be a pain in the ass for stealthers who dont wanna use a boat to give themselves away :) stealth swimming across a ocean ? or swimming unstealthed? erm no thnx. but im am 100% for having no MG's (which i preume by oceans seperating means) . im getting USA ToA next week so ill be looking forward to frontiers x-pac v much so :)

K

kirennia

Sounds good fun :D Boat battles I really hope they sort them out and they aren't jsut a shoddy add-in

M

MiMeN

:D

wow!

LOL!!!!!

H

hasek

wow!

Or the 20 NS who usually camp hmg in odin

S

saltymcpepper

Originally posted by -yoda-
lol this comming from a odins zergling :) ns/rangers in odins zerg FAR FAR more than infils or sb's ever did ;. so stfu :)

. the Sea thing seperating frontiers i dont like sound of .. could be a pain in the ass for stealthers who dont wanna use a boat to give themselves away :) stealth swimming across a ocean ? or swimming unstealthed? erm no thnx. but im am 100% for having no MG's (which i preume by oceans seperating means) . im getting USA ToA next week so ill be looking forward to frontiers x-pac v much so :)

lol.
i rvr in emain mate

A

Aloca

Make RvR combat more accessible – finding battles more quickly. We want players to be able to log in, find a battle, and RvR.

Like radar?

Probably going to make it easier for other grps to "add" in a other fight....

I

ilienwyn

Wonder if they will give some realism to these fights. Like fire spells burning boats, ice spells freezing sea around boat, etc. But that would be way too much :(

F

Freppe^^

Originally posted by hasek
Or the 20 NS who usually camp hmg in odin

since when was it 20 ns at 50 online? Ehm, never? That myth about theres much hib stealthers in odins is just BS. Ive been doing /who odins for now 4-5 weeks. Polly_Elajt has asked me several times, n never has it been over 10 stealthers. Not anon that is. The fact is, there are LOTS of more alb stealthers in odins than it is hib ones. And hasek fo, its u usually camping hmg odins, with ur retarded zerg so fo.
Tbh i dont care, since the stealther rvr part in hib has changed alot, true that the new hib stealther guild goes together in several occasions but doubt they would if they wouldnt get ZERGED every fuckin time they go solo. Think retarded boi~~

<soz off topic btw>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom