From the Desk of Mark Jacobs

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
VampiiricMist said:
John Madden's Dark age of Camelot 2007 Street version!

..lol tom clansy's, rogue part 1: infiltrator part 2 shadowblade, part 3 : nightshade, part 4: minstrel :p

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
..lol tom clansy's, rogue part 1: infiltrator part 2 shadowblade, part 3 : nightshade, part 4: minstrel :p

dont forget the new bg-expansion

Battleground 1942.. :D

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
VampiiricMist said:
dont forget the new bg-expansion

Battleground 1942.. :D

xD

BAttleground 500-1000 .. the (how else could it be) 'dark ages evolved'

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Same old posts all over the place.

Some of you can't do anything but yell "D0000M" or trash down big companies.

You have basically NO idea what EA might/can do for Mythic.

You don't know if they will trash WAR or fuck up DAoC, it's just that you feel like you know it cause of bad experiences with a few other games EA have had.

EA has some good games as well, it's not only crappy games which they have broken.

Try to think of the good which EA can indeed put into this company,

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
what about

Daoc Manager 2007

Build your own gank-group, send them to powerlevel camp, Send scouts to arti-camps and motivate your players through ml 1 to 10! Experience the real meaning with having your own guild and experience the joy of conquering the world.. coming soon to a store near you!

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
VampiiricMist said:
what about

Daoc Manager 2007

Build your own gank-group, send them to powerlevel camp, Send scouts to arti-camps and motivate your players through ml 1 to 10! Experience the real meaning with having your own guild and experience the joy of conquering the world.. coming soon to a store near you!

id play it

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
There will be no DAOC 2. This is one thing that Mythic got right and alot of the other companies got very very wrong (Everquest 2 and there was another one I can't remember), maybe due to their experience with their earlier Online Games (Mythic was producing online games before DAOC).

It nearly impossible to migrate your client base from version 1 to version 2 of an online game.

Unless you force character migration from 1 to 2. People have to much time involved in a version 1 and you also have the problem have friends staying behind etc etc.

It is better to work on the underlying engine in version 1 and bring that forward, which Mythic have done. I think if people compare the original DAOC and Darkness rising, its alot more than people realise, unless looking at original and current Screenshots.

The whole sims online business ... that was simply trying to engineer a online experience for a market, that wasn't there (Wasn't prepared to pay for an online version more like).

The whole end of the world stuff ..... Its not happened, it may never happen. You may find with a decent marketing budget and expanded DAOC team. Then the game can be pitched at a new set of gamers, who may just take a leap from WoW to DAOC.

Alot of us appreciate the difference between WoW Endgame and DAOCs, and even though we moan about DAOC endgame. Its still alot more engaging/passionate than 4 hour dungeon crawls for a piece of equipment that you may or maynot win in a lotto.

The probelm is pitching it. Its very hard to explain to a blind man, the concept of colour.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
SkarIronfist said:
Alot of us appreciate the difference between WoW Endgame and DAOCs, and even though we moan about DAOC endgame. Its still alot more engaging/passionate than 4 hour dungeon crawls for a piece of equipment that you may or maynot win in a lotto.

i still feel f00ked in the ass about the 16 x 7 hour sidi raids i did for my spectral soul anchor, JUST ONE F*CKING ITEM :mad: :mad:

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
i still feel f00ked in the ass about the 16 x 7 hour sidi raids i did for my spectral soul anchor, JUST ONE F*CKING ITEM :mad: :mad:

Yes, I am aware of that (Hell I am trying to farm Ring Of Dread at the moment). But thats a means to an end for a DAOC player, the end game for alot of us, is killing other players in RVR. Thats where alot of us have our fun and a big helping of frustration. Farming in WoW is the end game, ask anyone who has joined the queue to get into Alterac Valley.

For me in rvr, most of the time I am scratching around with the Turkeys, but just occassionally I get to soar with the Eagles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom