From the Desk of Mark Jacobs

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Folks,

It has been an exciting time at Mythic in the last few weeks, to say the least. But as you know saying the “least” is not my style, so I will say a little more:

1) It is business as usual here at Mythic. I have already commented on WAR, but let me say officially that there are no plans, implied plans or even, maybe if plans for DAoC going away. I can’t say much more than what has already been said (we’re announcing our expansion pack plans next month, the Roundtable is going on as scheduled), because I am still talking with EA about the business details and our future plans for Camelot.

2) The deal with EA was one that was carefully considered, and one that I am very proud of being able to present to our company. I’ve been around a long time and seen a lot of things in this industry, and I am confident that this deal was the right thing for Mythic, the employees, our investors and most importantly our Camelot players. As I have said many times in the last week, all the key guys I’m talking with at EA are long-time players (and fans) of DAOC!

3) Did I say “our players”? You bet. Mythic makes great games, but without great people to play them we would be just another game company or as I said many years ago, I'd be wearing a paper hat, name-tag and asking people "Would you like fries with that?"

There isn’t anything else that can be said right now, unfortunately. I have always prided myself on being open with the community, so you can believe that as soon as there is more to know, you will know it. Right now what we know is that the future is bright. Thank you all for being part of our past, and our future.

As taken from here...

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2455.shtml

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Thadius said:
Next thing on his desk will be his P45

:(

And a suitcase full of freshly printed $1000 bills from the sale to EA :D

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
I am still talking with EA about the business details and our future plans for Camelot.
Somehow this leaves a bad taste in my mouth ._.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
why all the doom and gloom wait until something happends before everyone gets all full of "we're doomed"

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
you know its time to be worried when they mention that mark is leaving to:

a. spend more time with family
b. go travelling a bit
c. burnt out and needs a break
d. working on a new house project...

all in all means hes gone from EA mythic and they just doing the 'work from home for 6 months' thingie until he gets his 'golden handshake' :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Translation: Peeps we got no fucking idea what EA is planning for us, so all as planned till new news!!!

Omfg...

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It all comes down to him not having any idea what is going to happen to DAOC, basically. But don't worry!

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Zero value statement and one would hope he had talked to EA before he cashed in about DAoC not after. Ah, doesn't really matter, a puppet...

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I bet they´re working on Dark age of Camelot 2 (challenge everything) and already are disassembling the current DaoC servers >: EA that is

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
fettoken said:
I bet they´re working on Dark age of Camelot 2 (challenge everything)

...you live under a rock m8?

It's only been said 1000 times that euhm THERE WILL NOT BE A DAOC 2.. :)

try www.warhammeronline.com

kisses and hugs from the rest of freddyshouse;)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

If you look at the milked out unfinished-at-release games of EA, the fate of Mythic and its games are as obvious as a skydiver jumping without a parachute...

Saying EA will take over mythic is predicting doo0000m

EA taking over mythic is... well...... IS doom :D

MesS°

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:
If you look at the milked out unfinished-at-release games of EA, the fate of Mythic and its games are as obvious as a skydiver jumping without a parachute...

Saying EA will take over mythic is predicting doo0000m

EA taking over mythic is... well...... IS doom :D

EA wont takeover Mythic untill WAR is in late beta, and its WH who desides how WAR is gonna end looking/feeling, not mythic or EA.

Tell me again how EA can go skydiver jumping without a parachute with WAR?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
a half arsed expansion every 6 months, everything watered down to appeal to johny consumer i imagine.

MesS°

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
a half arsed expansion every 6 months, everything watered down to appeal to johny consumer i imagine.

If i where a big company i would certainly aim for pleasing the largest crowd. Wouldnt you?

What is the idea in aiming low, with enough money im sure they can combine the 2. ;)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
MesS° said:
What is the idea in aiming low, with enough money im sure they can combine the 2. ;)

then lets hope WAR will be the first time they actually do it :rolleyes:

MesS° said:
If i where a big company i would certainly aim for pleasing the largest crowd. Wouldnt you?

ultimate example: fuckup of the command & conquer series EA had taken over, cash above quality (no interesting single player, completely unoptimized) and loss of the C&C fanbase

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
MesS° said:
No, you'd go for the biggest cash cow, its called business, consider the gamers after, thats EAs motto.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
What'll be interesting, as EA have decided to get into MMORPG's is if they understand fully the basic principle :

These games make money in the long term, rather than the short term. The good money comes from putting out a good product, and then improving it. The good money doesn't come from rushing it out unfinished, it comes from keeping people playing for years.

As long as they understand that basic rule, I can't see why they'd rush out a product for a quick sell at poor quality like so many seem to expect.

Darzil

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
MesS° said:
Money > pleasing the crowd.
And tbh if they get to make mainstream borring expasion every 6 months, ppl will buy the shit, just make it so you cant play without (like toa :p). Makes them alot more money, and a fucking crap game.

Gonna be fun to se how C&C 3 is gonna be, if they actually make it just any good.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
old.Whoodoo said:
No, you'd go for the biggest cash cow, its called business, consider the gamers after, thats EAs motto.

yep, just look at the sims :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
AngelHeal said:
...you live under a rock m8?

It's only been said 1000 times that euhm THERE WILL NOT BE A DAOC 2.. :)

try www.warhammeronline.com

kisses and hugs from the rest of freddyshouse;)

We gonna open Eu headquarters and deal with Eu War on our own.
We'll never ever never get in any business with EA.

Last 2 statements were true till 3 weeks ago, wonder when we gonna have 1st rumors of Daoc 2 -.-

Bahumat

FH is my second home
MesS° said:

type in Star Wars Galaxies and laugh at how SOE completely fucked their game up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom