IMO From God's to machines

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16811042
A few hundred years ago we were made in god's likeness and the center of the universe.
Then we realised WE went around the sun, then it turned out the sun was nothing special, then we discovered our solar system was nothing special, after that the galaxy turned out to be one of billions.
Finished that off with our monkey parents and now the scientists are homing in on our consciousness and making it compatible with windows.
The humans, they dug too deep.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All depends on whether we, as stupid stupid apes, decide to exploit any eventual technology for good uses or bad...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And soon they'll realise that some alien species made a self-aware android species on this planet as an experiment and we evolved into organic machines due to lack of resources to repair our space-iron parts.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
...and live forever as a machine!

Copia_de_Unagi.jpg

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I obviously read a lot more hard SF thank you lot because none of this is remotely surprising. The idea is actually of the plot of one of my (two) Great Unfinished Novels (that I've trying to write for about five years now). Better get on with it before the science actually overtakes me...

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Quite possible that some of us reading this thread will never die, we'll just upload our consciousness to a machine brain.

I think it will be quite cool when we can just go off and explore the galaxy in our little windows spaceship, no need to worry about life support etc.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
My hard sci-do novel suffered that fate. I wrote about a future where people had portable computers that they used to throw birds at pigs :(

Zede

Part of the furniture
for any peter f hamilton / iain m banks / alastair reynolds fans /yawn

this type shit is gonna become more commonplace. They are never going to announce on the news "and today M.I.T. annonced science has gone as far as it can, that's all folks !!"

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
My hard sci-do novel suffered that fate. I wrote about a future where people had portable computers that they used to throw birds at pigs :(

Was it in HD on a giant phone that doesn't make phonecalls though???

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Oh and soon, it really will be time for the tinfoil hats, they were right all the time!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oh and soon, it really will be time for the tinfoil hats, they were right all the time!
Until google throws ads at me saying

"Local man gets to drink beer off Kelly Brook's tits whilst shitting on TdC's head. Find out how you can do it too. Click here now!!!"

Then I'll know they haven't perfected the technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom