Fridays News

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
I sense that the whine is strong here, keep it up you half empty bottle people ;)

It's so great you all is SO understanding, I mean ofc that GOA do want to screw us all over and have the worst possible service, yes ofc!

Hehe, these threads = always a blast to read ;)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone remember the worm raid in df on hib? :p Were the adds, that just kept on commin' as long as the big boss was alive, dropped tons of seals and wormskin wraps? xD That was some funny shit, and everyone on the raid got a 3 or 7 day ban (can't remember how long it was, but something like that)

Must of been on Excal, Pribs would never of taken advantage of an exploit like that. Honest guv. ;)

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
Must of been on Excal, Pribs would never of taken advantage of an exploit like that. Honest guv. ;)

It was yes hehe. The funny thing was that it was a ffa raid, and in the prime of daoc, so had like 50+ people on it xD

C

Carss

I sense that the whine is strong here, keep it up you half empty bottle people ;)

It's so great you all is SO understanding, I mean ofc that GOA do want to screw us all over and have the worst possible service, yes ofc!

Glass half empty?

They delay the patch by what it looks to be over 2 weeks, have lied to us for 6+ months about having a long term solution to fix the population problem on dyvet when all they have done is give players with accounts closed for over a year 7 free days. The glass is even half empty at all, there isnt even a fucking glass.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
200304250071005102qz9.jpg

Such a rip off of my picture :(

lol5.jpg

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture

Absolutely stunned by your amazing level of posting bullshit.

How the flying fuck can you not agree that this whine is more than justified and that GoA's service to the players of UK cluster does not suffice is beyond me. You speak about understanding? How is keeping up with GoA's various blunders over the last years for understanding? I'd say most of the playerbase has been way tolerant and patience already, especially as regards to current population situation. Obviously you think not taking action on one of the most severe concerns of the UK clusters for geh, how many months is it now(I've totally lost count) is an acceptable way to treat costumers. I hope for the sake of us all that you have nothing to do with customer service yourself, being blatantly ignorant.

I pity your sad state of ignorance and naivity.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
i really thought 1.88 woulda hit dyvet by now.. getting silly :I

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
lol
Did i hear correctly that when Warhammer comes out, mythic are banning EU people from playing on the US servers to try and force us to play on GOA's.

If so i'd rather not play WHO than join the GOA circus again.

(* This could be wild speculation, thought i would check with the trolls and trawlers, see if anyone knew)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Havent you realised yet, there is no popuation problem on dyvet.

Am waiting for GOA to tell us that more people are subscribing to DAOC every month, and subscriptions are going up not down...

:m00:

and theres nothing we can do to prove them wrong :) the SUBS might be increasing even if the pop counter isnt ;)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
is it just me or where GOA begging for your money in todays niews?

:m00:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
lol
Did i hear correctly that when Warhammer comes out, mythic are banning EU people from playing on the US servers to try and force us to play on GOA's.

If so i'd rather not play WHO than join the GOA circus again.

(* This could be wild speculation, thought i would check with the trolls and trawlers, see if anyone knew)

U didn't hear correctly.

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
I have to say that the person/people responsible for giving us the Friday news really havent been showing any signs of care about their roles in recent months. We always get a background piece that fills it out a bit and not alot else.

This weeks they tell us :
1.88 ...watch this space [the same thing they said last week]
Buy DR for £3.50 [the advert has been on the homepage for a couple of days at least anyway]
Mino relics ...read your manual. Info updated.

So the only item of "news" is that the mino relic information has been updated.

I dont really think that shows any kind of commitment to their community, at a time when they should be encouraging play and new players. Especially on the english speaking servers.

Something simliar to the herald would be a better option at least they are showing some of the points raised by players. In a way the players help write the grab bag because its mostly just answering the questions. Therefore making the job of the "author" alot easier.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Keep in mind that the current crew working on the patches @ Mythic knows sod all. They are releasing more bugs into the gamecode than ever before, and NOT fixing them.

1.88 is a bugridden carcas, and many of the bugs introduced there aren't getting fixed. With 1.89 they are only introducing new bugs (can you imagine the mess when they get their paws on the NF code and start making the announced changes there?) - the kindergarten programmers that are allowed to break their teeth on DAOC code are not the ones who originally build it.

After five years of coding, DAOC codebase will be stratified - geological almost, you cannot let juniors work on a project like this - they simply don't know how it works, and what the implications are of some of the fundamental changes they are making (look at the archery changes they needlessly applied - of the dozens of bugs reported, none have been fixed so far. They gave up on even trying to synchronize the bowsounds with the bow usage and many archers find that their first critshot is penalized even before it is actually airborne - Mythic admitted that they have trouble even reproducing the bug, but admit it exists.)

I have a very dim view of DAOC's code-development, and to be blunt, I don't think Mythic cares very much. Unfortunately, GOA catches part of the flak that generates, and it leaves us up excerement creek without paddles. I'm perfectly happy with delayed patches at this moment. 'New' is not always 'better'.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
KI have a very dim view of DAOC's code-development, and to be blunt, I don't think Mythic cares very much. Unfortunately, GOA catches part of the flak that generates, and it leaves us up excerement creek without paddles. I'm perfectly happy with delayed patches at this moment. 'New' is not always 'better'.
Seriously, would you care if it was your company? DAOC is dead and has been for sometime, their best staff will be working on WAR

People should be thankful the servers are even running :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Seriously, would you care if it was your company? DAOC is dead and has been for sometime, their best staff will be working on WAR

People should be thankful the servers are even running :p

its only dead for the english community on euro. french/german and US are still relativly healthy, although not anyway near what it used to be.

and i still think that Mythic cares. if they didnt care coz the game was dead they would just as well have shut the servers down. they probably aint making THAT much more cash then what the upkeep/development needs tbh.

but this is all just guessing so.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I would imagine that DAOC is ticking over a source of revenue. But if I was running Mythic I would be totally focused on Warhammer.

The potential for captain cockup to visit is alot larger. The scale of the rollout will be massive in comparision to DAOC, even if they restrict the number of units on sale in the 1st couple of months (If you want to play this may well be worth pre ordering).

But ultimately if there are bugs in the code, I would prefer to wait until resolved than to rollout a pile of crap. Lets be honest, if they rolled out a pile of crap, we would be whinning about lack of quality control.

Nate

FH is my second home
Looks like they didn't bother this week, ran out of stories to tell us :( I was so looking forward to the next one!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
haha, they couldn't even be arsed to make up a silly story to hide the fact they don't give a shit :)

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
with the lack of GM's on this forum the only info outlet we have is the website, now the can't be arsed posting the friday news.

we really are up shit creek without any GOA paddles.

Eble

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
they posted it, just not in english. Click the flags and its there in french, german ect ect.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
so i have to take up a foriegn language now to read something on a game I pay for?

pft, this might be the hint we were looking for clustering with a french/german server :)

anyway really cba off to bed.

Eble

Scarpio

Loyal Freddie
from what i can make out it seems that its gona be released around the end of july....french skills are a bit dodgy tho....

Nate

FH is my second home
from what i can make out it seems that its gona be released around the end of july....french skills are a bit dodgy tho....

But seriously, what about the story!?! THAT'S ALL I'M WORRIED ABOUT!!! Screw the patch! Get your dodgy french skills working on it, I won't be able to sleep tonight without knowing how Dorothy the Troll couldn't find his way down the yellow brick road :( Did he find the tinman? Did he find the alb?!?! come on man, out with it <shakes scarpio>

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
But seriously, what about the story!?! THAT'S ALL I'M WORRIED ABOUT!!! Screw the patch! Get your dodgy french skills working on it, I won't be able to sleep tonight without knowing how Dorothy the Troll couldn't find his way down the yellow brick road :( Did he find the tinman? Did he find the alb?!?! come on man, out with it <shakes scarpio>

class i like it :p

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
well, even the 20 players of the spanish server can read the god'dam news... the english community is punished or what?

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
It's all part of the plan to save dyveth servers...this is a subtle way to say that we gonna get extinguished (sp??)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom