Fridays News

C

Carss

Cant belive there is no thread about this?

Version 1.88 is still undergoing some tests and you will still need to wait for a few weeks to know its release date.

so planned for NEXT week and now we are going to be waiting 3+ weeks? are you joking?

From the results of the poll we can now tell you that the delay before changing realms on clustered servers will also be modified when we run the patch.

So when people log one realm and find action piss poor as is the case with our NEGLECTED cluster which you refuse to do anything about they cannot log onto another realm to find some way to have fun. Ofcourse timered changing was going to win when the majority of albion roleplayers are going to vote for this as they are happy on thier own PvEing the frontiers and enemy realms are just a hinderance on this

GOOD JOB GOA

but still time to write some bullshit story! cheers!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Ah, the usual things we have to put up with. Another poor decision.

Great!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Cant belive there is no thread about this?

so planned for NEXT week and now we are going to be waiting 3+ weeks? are you joking?

theres 8 words that fits in this thread perfectly.

Damned of you do, Damned if you dont.

:puke:

C

Carss

I dont see why they dont give the english servers patches shortly after they arrives on US, this would most likely solve the population problem with french and german players coming to play on the UK cluster to play the latest patch. Well GOA arn't going to do anything else about it that cuases them more than 5 minutes of thinking about it.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Ahah glad i moved out ;)
Sry for ya all peeps.

aika

Part of the furniture
lol and still nothing about solving the population problem on Dyvet

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
I dont see why they dont give the english servers patches shortly after they arrives on US, this would most likely solve the population problem with french and german players coming to play on the UK cluster to play the latest patch. Well GOA arn't going to do anything else about it that cuases them more than 5 minutes of thinking about it.

It's very simple really, the US servers are configured very diferently from the EU servers, so the coding has to be adjusted to work properly, then they have to go through it all and rewrite much of it in 3 diferent languages, this takes time (granted not as long as it has been taking lately though) so there will always be a delay.

To be honest this is not GOA's fault at all but Mythics, what mythic should have done in the first place was make it a multi-language client, ie you can set your language in options then there would be no need for diferent servers for diferent countries. This i think would also cure the problem with low population as people wouldn't be so worried about moving to a more populated server if they could understand it.

Ah, the usual things we have to put up with. Another poor decision.

Great!

Well, the poll was put to every player that logs in, a majority of players have voted for a timer, any decent business goes with the majority, thats standard business practice, so where's the poor decision?

I dont personally like the time as i play all three realms because i have friends in all three (hib i mainly log in and chat with my old friends there, mid i play to timer out from alb and alb is my main realm) but i'm not going to complain about it because a majority of players playing the game wanted it, majority rules i'm afraid, that's life for you.

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
well, not that 15minutes is an insane amount of time. make you a new coffee, get out for a cigarette, and do some big business on the toilet afterwards and those 15 minutes have vanished. :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

and what would you say if GOA decided that the germans and/or french should get the translated patches before we did?

i know I would be pissed off. and i bet theres alot more on the german/french servers that dont want to reroll on this cluster then theres ppl willing to help dyvet die by rolling over there.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
well, not that 15minutes is an insane amount of time. make you a new coffee, get out for a cigarette, and do some big business on the toilet afterwards and those 15 minutes have vanished. :p

And if they have implented it the way they did last time you can still swap realms instantly, so making it 15 min or 2 hours doesn't matter if you allow people to still instantly swap realms with no timer because of bad coding :d

Thadius

Part of the furniture

I once was waiting for 15 minutes to change realm....

Then after 10 minutes, got bored and decided to cancel my subs

Corran

Part of the furniture
I once was waiting for 15 minutes to change realm....

Then after 10 minutes, got bored and decided to cancel my subs

well, it probably still works because GoA knew about it but didnt know how to get round the issue... just /qtd and the timer doesnt get set and you can log straight into another realm.

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
well, it probably still works because GoA knew about it but didnt know how to get round the issue... just /qtd and the timer doesnt get set and you can log straight into another realm.

But if enough ppl know about it then they might just decide to code it a different way to prevent it .... keep it a secret :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I don't understand how GOA can take ages to translate the patches.Lotro usually get's the patch next day when yanks are patched,and they are even translating them to French & German.

Think this proves french people are just lazy tbh :p

Nate

FH is my second home
I don't understand how GOA can take ages to translate the patches.Lotro usually get's the patch next day when yanks are patched,and they are even translating them to French & German.

Think this proves french people are just lazy tbh :p

It is pretty annoying I agree, but comparing a game thats been released this year to one thats 5 years old is a bit much. The translating system GOA means they patch through a completely different program iirc, thats what takes ages as they re-write so much stuff that it has to be tested again to see if they coded it write.

Pretty stupid, but thats what you get with a old game and two totally seperate companies :/

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
lol and still nothing about solving the population problem on Dyvet

Havent you realised yet, there is no popuation problem on dyvet.

Am waiting for GOA to tell us that more people are subscribing to DAOC every month, and subscriptions are going up not down...

:m00:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
It is pretty annoying I agree, but comparing a game thats been released this year to one thats 5 years old is a bit much. The translating system GOA means they patch through a completely different program iirc, thats what takes ages as they re-write so much stuff that it has to be tested again to see if they coded it write.

Pretty stupid, but thats what you get with a old game and two totally seperate companies :/

but it just goes to show you how oudated DAOC is compared to its competition..

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
It's the same old shit isn't it. (not been playing the game for as long as some of you so but lets keep the flaming to a minimum shall we?)

GOA promise us one thing and deliver fuck all. Here's an example of how completey incompetent GOA are. There are 3 high red/low purp mobs in the lower crypt I farm for salvage and the repop timers are unreal. I can kill them and they'll repop immediately, or I can kill them and wait 3-4 hours for them to pop again. I emailed GOA about doing something about it. I.E giving them a fixed pop timer and got a reply that read something like this: "Here are GOA "repop" timers are not under our control." Cop-out yes? They re-write the code to release the patches on the European servers don't they? They also told me that I can farm these mobs on both the Excalibur and Prydwen servers. Now as far as I know the lower crypt has been a shared zone for a while now. So why the fuck didn't GOA know that?

I've read the threads asking if people would come back if the population was better and the majority of replies I've seen havw said that they would only come back if Mythic took over the servers. I agree that they should, people are leaving the game in droves and it's losing revinue for Mythic. incentive enough I'd say. However, lets say that Mythic aren't willing to take back the servers from GOA, I have a suggstion I haven't seen on here (although it touches on another recent one)

Cluster all the servers. I know, I know, before you say it yes I read the post about making the language choice client side being unfeasible with the current game coding. What I'm suggesting is clustering all the servers but keeping the languages as they are. With one small twist however. Say I make a toon on Avalon, everything is in German and the only German I know (I'm ashamed to say) is how to call someone a shit head. (Ah high school German...) So I switch to Exc or Pryd and lo and behold everything is in Englsih. This would, albeit temporarily as long as GOA are in possession, solve the population problem. It would also leave the current coding largely intact. Obviously there may be some minor recoding to do to accomodate the switch between languages but nothng hugely time consuming.

What do you think?

:england:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i was gutted about the delay to 1.88...

this will prolly mean I wont be able to make a 6th ranger vid and will prolly mean the ranger never gets played again.

C'est la vie.... its not said without any malice or agression but Im just a little bit disapointed the way we have always lagged behind on patches and never caught up.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
It's the same old shit isn't it. (not been playing the game for as long as some of you so but lets keep the flaming to a minimum shall we?)

GOA promise us one thing and deliver fuck all. Here's an example of how completey incompetent GOA are. There are 3 high red/low purp mobs in the lower crypt I farm for salvage and the repop timers are unreal. I can kill them and they'll repop immediately, or I can kill them and wait 3-4 hours for them to pop again. I emailed GOA about doing something about it. I.E giving them a fixed pop timer and got a reply that read something like this: "Here are GOA "repop" timers are not under our control." Cop-out yes? They re-write the code to release the patches on the European servers don't they? They also told me that I can farm these mobs on both the Excalibur and Prydwen servers. Now as far as I know the lower crypt has been a shared zone for a while now. So why the fuck didn't GOA know that?

I've read the threads asking if people would come back if the population was better and the majority of replies I've seen havw said that they would only come back if Mythic took over the servers. I agree that they should, people are leaving the game in droves and it's losing revinue for Mythic. incentive enough I'd say. However, lets say that Mythic aren't willing to take back the servers from GOA, I have a suggstion I haven't seen on here (although it touches on another recent one)

Cluster all the servers. I know, I know, before you say it yes I read the post about making the language choice client side being unfeasible with the current game coding. What I'm suggesting is clustering all the servers but keeping the languages as they are. With one small twist however. Say I make a toon on Avalon, everything is in German and the only German I know (I'm ashamed to say) is how to call someone a shit head. (Ah high school German...) So I switch to Exc or Pryd and lo and behold everything is in Englsih. This would, albeit temporarily as long as GOA are in possession, solve the population problem. It would also leave the current coding largely intact. Obviously there may be some minor recoding to do to accomodate the switch between languages but nothng hugely time consuming.

What do you think?

:england:

a) GOA ARE RIGHT... They are not going to fuck with the code just so you can farm your little red con salvage mobs more efficently... Its not up to them to do so... And the only time they have altered mobs is in extreme circumstances (bullet proof fins etc)

b) Do you not see that there might be some technical complexities envolved with your cluster suggestion.

You really are the example of the stereotypical village idiot, your comments are made with a complete lack of understanding of reality. And based around hatred and ignorence....

Get back to your PVE the mob might have repopped!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH

The code GOA change for language purposes are part of the licence agreement they have with Mythic, they are only allowed to change what Mythic allow them to, changing a mob timer to suit 1 person is a ridiculous thing to demand, if it happened then everyone would be bleeting about pop timers and demanding more easy mode mob spawns, how pathetic to beleive this is a major league important thing for them to do! There are thousands of mobs in each realm, move along if one doesnt pop for crying out loud. Mob pops for a individual are the last thing anyone cares about when the rest of us just find something else to kill...

I think you havnt been reading all the other threads about this, where its stated it is not as cut and dry as you think, the language file thing is a major peice of coding, both client and server side. Your idea doesnt make sense at all either, first you say leave things as they are (do nothing...ooookkk), then log onto a German server then go back to an English one.... wheres this twist?

I suggest you read other threads about this subject, and come back with something that makes sense.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
That's both Mythic and Goa's fault tho, i vaguely remember 5-6 patches ago a statement about both of em that Patches for Eu Market wouldn't be later than 2 weeks top from then on (actually it happened for 2 patches then all gone back to "normal" behaviour).
Resound a bit the "Toa won't affect RvR" [Mythic tm] shit or "We are working on a long term plan to solve Dyvet Population" [Goa tm].
I know it's not a simple solution, but really can't take 6-8 months to deliver something, i mean anything to your payment customers.
After all i grown bored.
I only do hope that Ea money will make War experience less of a pain in the arse from these points of view.

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone remember the worm raid in df on hib? :p Were the adds, that just kept on commin' as long as the big boss was alive, dropped tons of seals and wormskin wraps? xD That was some funny shit, and everyone on the raid got a 3 or 7 day ban (can't remember how long it was, but something like that)

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Hmm, well there was a whole boatload of issues with 1.88 and 1.89a, maybe GoA are waiting for them to get sorted out before lumbering you lot with a patch that has more holes than swiss cheese? :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Havent you realised yet, there is no popuation problem on dyvet.

Am waiting for GOA to tell us that more people are subscribing to DAOC every month, and subscriptions are going up not down...

200304250071005102qz9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom