friday news

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
[23-09-2005] The Camelot Reporter

A lot of news this week ! We have news about version 1.78, Darkness Rising and about the new survey coming from the US not to mention a background piece announcing a huge event beginning as soon as today…

Coming up : the release of version 1.78
The testing progress has been satisfactory up until this point, so we can consider launching version 1.78 during the first fortnight of October. We will confirm this next week and you will be able to find the release notes for version 1.76, 1.77 and 1.78 the beginning of next week on the "Test Notes" web page.

The official Dark Age of Camelot video
Until now only available in English, the official Dark Age of Camelot video, directed by Mythic, is now available in all the languages. Discover it in English by downloading it with one of these links.

Windows Media Player format (85MB)
Reduced Windows Media Player format (14MB)
QuickTime format (89MB)
Reduced QuickTime format (21MB)

If you are interested by the game extras, we invite you to discover offstage at a tradeshow and the Dark Age of Camelot stand with a video, edited at the end of the Games Convention in Leipzig last August. To download it, click on the following link (255 MB).

New stage in the Darkness Rising beta test
The release of Darkness Rising is coming, the testers are now more numerous and new elements are starting to come to light in the game whilst others are unveiled progressively. The graphics of all the mounts and Champion weapons just received their final touch and they now can be disclosed. Next week, we will show you exclusive original pictures. In the meantime, we'll show you a screenshot we took.

Mythic survey for a potential new server type
With the success of the "Classic" servers in the US, Mythic is considering new alternatives for Dark Age of Camelot and this week introduced a new poll to the American players, presenting new server types which could bring many changes to the game. We ask you to answer the same poll so that we can communicate the opinion of the European players to Mythic. This poll will be closed on Monday so answer quickly ! You can choose between five options :

· I do not wish to answer this question
· Homeland Invasion : Standard RvR rules, but you can invade enemy Realm's homelands for total server domination. New character stats track successful raids into the enemy homelands, after one realm is victorious.
· Battleground Server : PvE available only in the Classic lands, and there are no expansion zones. There are no Frontiers. Battlegrounds are accessible from Capital cities with increased RvR XP. Equipment is available for Bounty Point purchase.
· Evolution Server : All old classes removed. Instead, there would be eight redesigned and rebalanced classes per Realm, for a total of 24. This server would also feature a redesigned and rebalanced combat system (including a redesigned style system, slower combat pacing, different crowd control options, and a more forgiving spell/interrupt system), and other RvR tweaks.
· I do not want any new server types.

To access the survey, click on the Surveys button of the Community Website or on this link. And if you haven't done it yet, answer the survey about the European classic servers at the same time.

Roll of Honour inaccessibility
As you may have noticed, due to changes in xml parameters related to the latest patch versions, the Roll of Honour is no longer being updated. Other changes made in subsequent versions will bring us to once again revise all our data. Our current priority is to implement version 1.78, so, we will only update the whole interface after version 1.78 is live.

Activation of several artifacts
If you try to activate several artifacts at the same time, you have to be careful with one little thing if you want to benefit from all possible choices. In fact, you have to give an artifact and then the scrolls required by the Scholar for him to offer you the different possible options for this artifact. Once you have made your choice, you can then give him another artifact with its scrolls. If you ever give several artifacts before giving the scrolls, and if these artifacts exist in several versions, the Scholar might offer you only one choice.

:m00:

Lywon

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
[23-09-2005] The Camelot Reporter

Activation of several artifacts
If you try to activate several artifacts at the same time, you have to be careful with one little thing if you want to benefit from all possible choices. In fact, you have to give an artifact and then the scrolls required by the Scholar for him to offer you the different possible options for this artifact. Once you have made your choice, you can then give him another artifact with its scrolls. If you ever give several artifacts before giving the scrolls, and if these artifacts exist in several versions, the Scholar might offer you only one choice.

:m00:

Can I change my Malice's Axe to Malice's Hammer by getting new book?

Or..? ;/

Ugh.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
They have already said clustering will happen once the restore of prydwen is done - surely thats gota be top priority for the english gm's ?

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
They have already said clustering will happen once the restore of prydwen is done - surely thats gota be top priority for the english gm's ?

It's like the guy who said to he's wife. - I said once for ten years ago that I love you, if there is any change I let you know.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Bag said:
It's like the guy who said to he's wife. - I said once for ten years ago that I love you, if there is any change I let you know.
Haha! :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Evolution Server sounds really sweet to be honest :D Imagine it will be heavily influenced by WoW's pvp mechanics. Ill go vote for this.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Home Invasion or Evolution for me, ideally Home Invasion though. The sad thing is that Mythic touted that idea over 2 years ago and then never mentioned it again, if I remember rightly it was a very popular idea back then as well. Would have made more sense than the PvP servers thats for damn sure.

Lywon

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm..

Still wondering that message. So, there is possible to change artifacts types, but needs the book or what does it say? I can't understand it..

Silly twoll brains!

:eek7:

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Lywon said:
Hmmm..

Still wondering that message. So, there is possible to change artifacts types, but needs the book or what does it say? I can't understand it..

Silly twoll brains!

:eek7:

It says this:

1 - Some artifacts can be activated as different weapon types.

2 - If you give a scholar more than one weapon, and then hand in the scrolls you may only get to choose the weapon type once. And all of the weapons you handed to the scholar will come back as the same type.

Basically, don't activate artis in groups or you may not get to choose the type for each one. Hand over one arti, then hand over its book. Hand over the next arti, then hand over its book. Etc, etc...

peder

Fledgling Freddie
tonki tonki i read friday now news
but now is nerws of yersterdays.

but news saynt of clusters
talks and writes of clusters long but no says

what ois clusteras????

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
peder said:
tonki tonki i read friday now news
but now is nerws of yersterdays.

but news saynt of clusters
talks and writes of clusters long but no says

what ois clusteras????
Please tell me you play a troll. :)

Clustering is when two servers share their players over a specific set of zones so that these zones appear to be more populated. It's like a server-merge, only it's less permanent.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I want home invsaion so I can get RR12 infil camping at mularn new character pop point.

lolz

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Homeland Invasion : Standard RvR rules, but you can invade enemy Realm's homelands for total server domination. New character stats track successful raids into the enemy homelands, after one realm is victorious.
Pros: Would certainly have the "spectacular large scale epic battle" thing going on. And give you a chance to explore all 3 realms without being ganked by retards at home (hey, I wonder if you can guess which dismal failure of a server type I might be subtly alluding to there?).
Cons: Take a wild guess which realm will almost certainly completely - and permanently - own a server type whose combat is based around large forces and sheer weight of numbers. Also - how would this server deal with the problem of high levels/RRs logging out inside an enemy realm and going on grey-gank sprees? Look at how the griefing/ganking on the PvP servers has made them so unpopular with the vast majority of the playerbase - a Home Invasion server could be very interesting but would need a hell of a lot of careful setting up to avoid falling into the Andred/Mordred/Camlann trap.

Battleground Server : PvE available only in the Classic lands, and there are no expansion zones. There are no Frontiers. Battlegrounds are accessible from Capital cities with increased RvR XP. Equipment is available for Bounty Point purchase.
Pros: Can't think of any. You'd have a MMORPG with all its limbs amputated and a bare minimum of content. What's the point? If all you want is BG combat then all you need to do is just stay in the BGs on a real server...or be honest with yourself and go play Counter-Strike. This is a stupid idea for a server.
Cons: See 'Pros'.

Evolution Server : All old classes removed. Instead, there would be eight redesigned and rebalanced classes per Realm, for a total of 24. This server would also feature a redesigned and rebalanced combat system (including a redesigned style system, slower combat pacing, different crowd control options, and a more forgiving spell/interrupt system), and other RvR tweaks.
Pros: Huh? I don't know what game this is, but it's not Dark Age Of Camelot. "Eight redesigned and rebalanced classes" sounds like Red Team, Green Team and Blue Team to me. Also known as Quake Team Deathmatch. Sounds to me like some people just haven't yet admitted to themselves that secretly they really would have been much happier playing Quake Team Deathmatch all along. This is a really stupid idea for a server.
Cons: See 'Pros'.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Evolution server can have complettely different but valid classes :) You don't know what kind of classes it would offer :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Svartmetall said:
Cons: Take a wild guess which realm will almost certainly completely - and permanently - own a server type whose combat is based around large forces and sheer weight of numbers.

Given the populations on the Classic servers - I'd guess at Midgard ;) but I see the point.

None of the suggested server types make any sense - the "evolution" one is basically daoc 2 and it'll be as "unbalanced" as people think the current daoc is pretty soon after it starts.

Korgan

Banned
Home Invasion sounds like a lame reprint of the current PvP ruleset.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Evolution Server : This server would also feature a redesigned and rebalanced combat system (including a redesigned style system, slower combat pacing, different crowd control options, and a more forgiving spell/interrupt system), and other RvR tweaks

Why not fix this on the real servers instead!

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall [i said:
Evolution Server : All old classes removed. Instead, there would be eight redesigned and rebalanced classes per Realm, for a total of 24. This server would also feature a redesigned and rebalanced combat system (including a redesigned style system, slower combat pacing, different crowd control options, and a more forgiving spell/interrupt system), and other RvR tweaks.[/i]

After i have seen the new classes to this game i really doubt that mystic know how to make 8 new balanced classes or is that just me?

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
isnt patch 1.78 and cluster the same thing or is that just me?

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Tafaya Anathas said:
Afaif cluster came after 1.75. Two french servers are already clustered.
Wouldnt suprice me if they got to scared duo to the pryd axident, so they have ditched the cluster idear. So now they just pretend like they forgot it or smth 0o.
I remember the gm´s saying about the 16th sebtember, thats now 10 days ago, and we havent heard a single news about it :twak:
And then they say its becouse they are to slow at compensating for lost items. Tbh it seems like they just gave everyone 75p, so how can that take this long?

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Only new server type they need to do is remove NF and insert OF.

all good :drink:

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
And then they say its becouse they are to slow at compensating for lost items. Tbh it seems like they just gave everyone 75p, so how can that take this long?

well i still haven't been sorted out on my Vamp .
I ended up getting sick of it and kitted myself out as best i could ( most of my resits are all over the shop) with rogs.

Updated my case with rightnow .

Hope to fuck they sort it out soon.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Bag said:

:worthy:

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
[SS]Gamblor said:
well i still haven't been sorted out on my Vamp .
I ended up getting sick of it and kitted myself out as best i could ( most of my resits are all over the shop) with rogs.

Updated my case with rightnow .

Hope to fuck they sort it out soon.
I got sorted yesterday, tho i allready kitted out my sorc again.. I think i had like nr. 800 or smth in the line.. So your prolly up soonish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom