Friday news and Prydwen?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
[2-09-2005] The Camelot Reporter

September and October are going to be really busy : new versions will be tested and launched, the next Parisian tradeshow "Le Monde du Jeu" will be happening and it will host the first Dark Age of Camelot Team Tournament. In this News, we will also talk about Prydwen and the server clustering. As a conclusion we will give you a little presentation on Albion's Titles of Nobility.

First tests for the next version
This week we have good news since we just began the first tests in English for the next version which will be implemented on European servers. After discussing the release schedule with Mythic, we eventually managed to integrate version 1.78 to it. Therefore, we will directly release this version even though the initial plan was to release versions 1.76 and 1.77 first. This choice will not postpone the implementation of these developments on the servers by very much and it will give you the opportunity to benefit from the Isle of Agramon and other new features. Translations are already on the way, and of course we will keep you informed of the test progress. The version following this will be Darkness Rising, for which a European release date has not yet been set.

Return of Prydwen and the English server clustering
As the Prydwen server is experiencing a problem related to corrupted files, it had to be shut down for more than one week in order to allow us to identify the cause of this unprecedented bug and implement the corrections necessary. The major part of both Mythic's and Goa's teams exclusively dedicated their work to it, and thus we are happy to announce that the server will reopen on Monday. In order to avoid any bug propagation risk, we had to delete one or several objects in the inventories of a number of characters. We will naturally do the best we can to restore as many items as possible. If you notice the disappearance of any non-tradeable object you won through a quest or an item needed to continue a quest, please contact our technical support so that they can restore it after checking that you had it before. Equally for artifacts, if one is missing, contact us and it will be restored at level 10, whatever its initial level. Finally, for those who lost objects other from the kind of objects described above, the character concerned will be given money to compensate.

Furthermore, in order to compensate the disturbance inflicted to the players who were deprived of their server during this period, GOA will offer a free subscription corresponding to the actual duration of server shutdown to every player owning an active account on the English servers at the date of Prydwen's shutdown. And in order to make up for the "wasted time" inflicted, all Prydwen's Realms will benefit from the maximum help granted to under-populated realms until Friday the 16th of September. This means the following bonuses :

Days for a free level : 2
Camp Bonus : 120%
RvR Bonus : 10%
Hookpoints Purchase : 50% reduction

Due to this problem, the Excalibur-Prydwen clustering could not be carried out as announced initially but it is still on the program. However, the date will only be set once Prydwen is re-opened.

Next Community Meeting in Paris
Following Leipzig, we are already preparing the next show. Our annual Parisian meeting "Le Monde du Jeu" will take place from the 14th to the 16th of October at Porte de Versailles, in the Parc des Expositions and in a bigger hall than last year. In this show, you will find all types of games although video games will be most prominent as the show will host the French Finals of the World Cyber Games. They constitute the qualification phase to the world finals of this video games competition, which will take place in Singapore in November.
In this framework and in additional to the usual events on the stand, Goa will organise a Dark Age of Camelot Team Tournament. This experimental tournament, with no link to the World Cyber Games, will begin with online qualification rounds ; then, the 9 qualified teams will confront each other in Paris on the 15th and 16th of October. This first performance already enjoy a great success since the registration of all contestants was complete in a few days. Depending on the outcome of this first tournament, we will possibly contemplate the organisation of similar ones for all of the communities.
For more details about "Le Monde du Jeu", please visit the new website of the show . You can also follow the tournament on the French official website .

Background Piece - Albion : Albion's Titles of Nobility

"Raise your head up high, son ! Do not ever speak unless you are asked to and even when you are, do not let yourself be wordy…The lords you will meet tonight are some of the greatest in Albion, so behave creditably for the sake of your lineage and show them the respect they expect from you."

Though Albion nobility only accounts for a minor part of the population, it is the corner stone of the realm's eminence. Very few of those nobles have their legitimacy questioned by the commons since they are the first to shed their blood to protect the villagers.

Albion nobility is, before anything else, a chivalric kind of nobility, and valour and gallantry are always generously rewarded.

The King.
Entitled to all powers along with all duties, King Constantine presides at the Royal Council in order to ensure Albion's future prosperity.
No doubt Constantine could have been deservedly considered equal to previous kings if he had not come to the throne in such a troubled period as the war between all three Realms. But in these times of death and treachery when Royal lines are torn apart, this position is not the easiest to deal with.

The Duke of Albion
At present, the holder of this title is Sir Bors : former Knight of the Round Table and Camlann hero, he - save for only the King himself - is the highest title in Albion.
By order of his title, the Duke of Albion is the commander of the Defenders of Albion.

The Dukes
They rule over dukedoms, which are large expanses of land, where they exercise executive and judiciary powers ; they usually have their own army. The title is hereditary and given to the male first-born.
Nowadays, few of them still hold their title and no one will ever forget the tragic destiny of Cornwall.

The Marquis.
This title has a military origin : the first Marquis were former Roman generals defending the Imperial frontiers during the British Roman period. A Down covers several earldoms and owes them protection.
The West Downs are the remnants of this period which ended with Uther's ascension to the throne followed by Arthur's. They are actually an ancient rampart erected within the Realm.

The Earls.
Many current Earls are descended from Romans that had received land in exchange for their loyalty to the Emperor. When their people left the country, these Romans remained because they were attached to their friends and land. This is how they became to all and sundry the real men of Albion ! Earls can also be the second or third son of a Duke who, reluctant to disinherit his offspring, gave them land.
They are nobility in the realm and then owe protection to the inhabitants of their lands.

The Barons.
The title of Baron is a distinction granted by the King, most of the time to heroes of the realm or wealthy land owners. The Barons are petty nobles, therefore they cannot really exercise any rights within the Realm - at least, no more than any other human being. Nevertheless, they cannot be denied hospitality.
There are quite a number of baronies in Albion, although many of them are worthless at present day for they have been ravaged by continual barbarian invasions. Some even tell of a Baron whose only estate was a spindly iron pot filled with dust…however this story was never verified.

The Knights.
The title of Knight is not a noble title though, in Albion, it conserves a honorary status. Any person proving brave and valiant when combating the enemy is entitled to it.
Knights have no more rights than any other Albion inhabitants, they have just proven their valour in combat and their willingness to protect their Realm.

Tip of the Week
Creation of new icons for the quickbar
If you created new characters since version 1.75, you will have noticed that a new icon automatically appeared on the quickbar (next to the sprint icon) : the "attack" icon. It is actually really handy to have this icon on the quickbar and if you wish to do so, the method is quite simple : just open the command window (by clicking on the Commands button in the character sheet), then press shift and click on the Attack button. The icon will then appear and you just need to slide it to the quickbar. It is the same procedure for the other buttons on the command window if you want to place some of the commands on the quickbar. However, note that only the Attack command will have a graphical icon, the others will just be represented by a square mentioning the name of the command.

A good game and good weekend to all and we will see you next week.
I like this bit:

until Friday the 16th of September
- we still dont know when it will be back up... but a possible 2 weeks of this wil be nice :)

Bleeker

Can't get enough of FH
*thus we are happy to announce that the server will reopen on Monday*

:)

Blackstuff

Fledgling Freddie
FFS - I go away on 2 weeks holidays tomorrow as well

No bonuses for me. :mad:

I won't even be able to check if anything is missing from my inventories. I'll be sick with worry (not really tbh).

Sounds like i'll just need to :drink: :drink: :puke: for 2 weeks in the sun.

N

Nored

Bleeker said:
*thus we are happy to announce that the server will reopen on Monday*

:)

If no other bugs are found before Monday ... wouldn't suprise me if server won't be up by Monday

Noli

Fledgling Freddie
Now...i got a little question.
My subs ran out today,does that mean i wont get eny free days ?

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Loving that compensation bonus :D

Bring on Monday!

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
"The major part of both Mythic's and Goa's teams exclusively dedicated their work to it"
-How come GOA had manpower enough to go ahead with the clustering of the frensh servers if this was true?

"and thus we are happy to announce that the server will reopen on Monday."
-If GOA can claim this, why is there a need for testing the whole week-end?

"In order to avoid any bug propagation risk, we had to delete one or several objects in the inventories of a number of characters. We will naturally do the best we can to restore as many items as possible."
- "as many as possible", don´t you know what you have deleted?

"If you notice the disappearance of any non-tradeable object you won through a quest or an item needed to continue a quest, please contact our technical support so that they can restore it after checking that you had it before."
- Great, now it is up to me to remember what items that I have on all my characters. I got 7 level 50 chars and no, I do not remember exactly what I had on all of them. If you are able to check if I had an item or not when I submit a report to Right Now, why can you not do that yourself. Match the records that you claim that you have against what the caracters will have at the restart.

"Finally, for those who lost objects other from the kind of objects described above, the character concerned will be given money to compensate."
- How is money gonna compensate a rog item in a template? Will you also compensate the cost for making a new template? How will you evaluate rare drops that many people have put down great cost/time/effort to get?

"Furthermore, in order to compensate the disturbance inflicted to the players who were deprived of their server during this period, GOA will offer a free subscription corresponding to the actual duration of server shutdown to every player owning an active account on the English servers at the date of Prydwen's shutdown."
- I would not expect less.

"in order to make up for the "wasted time" inflicted, all Prydwen's Realms will benefit from the maximum help granted to under-populated realms until Friday the 16th of September. This means the following bonuses :

Hookpoints Purchase : 50% reduction"
- Great for those able to take advantage of it, useless if you can not be on-line.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie

<-
put these bonuses in your...

ffs knew we get shit. gg mythic/goa!

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
I was actually quite surprised with how much we are getting tbh. Expected shit all :) So I'm quite happy. Be even happier if the server does indeed pop up for selection on monday as mentioned. Nice work.

:clap:

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:

<-

cry more,
and read everything before you start posting bullshit

Furthermore, in order to compensate the disturbance inflicted to the players who were deprived of their server during this period, GOA will offer a free subscription corresponding to the actual duration of server shutdown to every player owning an active account on the English servers at the date of Prydwen's shutdown.

cant you just be happy the server is ok? get a life fcking wankers

Martok

Part of the furniture
tbh yes the server was down a long time but im just glad its gonna be back up shame its the day i go back to work after having 2 weeks off ><

Gamah

Banned
Righthandof said:

<-

Really you're such a twat.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
I wonder how many players they lost to U.S servers by now.
Or even stopped playing, atleast i dont feel the "must" to play anymore.

Twin

Fledgling Freddie
well i think same as otho, i have too much chars, with too much items in them to remember what items i have in everyone of them, but not only that but seems we maybe can lose quest/credits etc, how you really think we can remember what items/credits/quests we have in EVERY in our chars, tbh im worried about that mostly.

1 more thing that i would like to ask to the GMs, when they talk about inventories, they talk just about our chars inventories, or that includes too, all houses merchants items/houses vaults/toons vaults etc (if is just chars inventories then more or less can be sorted but if you include in that all vaults in houses etc etc etc that this can be a pain and seriously dont know how they want us to remember all that....).

worried about in some weeks/months when i need a item i know i had in my char and i remember it after i need it i see it has dissapeared and then they cant see if i had it....

btw imagine as an example that you had done the "the lost seed quest" and you had a "paindrean necklace" in your toon for when you need it, dont say me you need to check not only the quests but the items of everyquest etc etc, imagine doing that with the miles of mls/quest etc you have done in every or your lot of toons....

again as otho said think would of been easier to reput the things you delete from a database or write it down and put them automaticed or whatever other solution that this, but well as we dont know how the database thing were sorted and how they done it dont know if this would of been too hard to do......

well that is what i thikn and again plz any GM say if disapeared items when you talk about "inventories" if you talking about just char inventory or you talking about ALL houses includes ones.

Laterr :)

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
monday prydwen open, and announcement of the cluster. with testing/bugfixing will take 2 weeks?

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Question is now, will cluster reach us before Darkness Rising?
:m00:

d00000m imo :clap:

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
Twin, you say you're concerned about "what if 3 months from now I find out that I miss an item", or something to that effect. GOA hasn't set a deadline after which you can't complain about things missing afaik. :)

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Jobbegea said:
monday prydwen open, and announcement of the cluster. with testing/bugfixing will take 2 weeks?

was thinking the same, before clustering was about to come the day after prydwen got back up, now we probably will see darkness rising before i can kill all the excal naabs! :((((( jk

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Really you're such a twat.

so i shall be happy that icouldnt play on the last 12(?) days of my holiday, but when school starts i get 55k rp(weekly rp) for 2 weeks, and not 50k!

way to go, hoooooooorraaaaaaaaay!
QQ

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Righthandof said:
so i shall be happy that icouldnt play on the last 12(?) days of my holiday, but when school starts i get 55k rp(weekly rp) for 2 weeks, and not 50k!

way to go, hoooooooorraaaaaaaaay!
QQ
School starts? You finally progressed to kindergarten you mean?

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:
School starts? You finally progressed to kindergarten you mean?

im in the 2nd year of a university, but not sure what has this got to do with the compensation :p

theres a thread in the rvr section with the ages of the players, and if you look at there, you'll find that very huge percent of the active players actually attend a school.

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
When Pryd went down I was on day 2 of a weeks sick leave. (Knee trouble, nothing serious.)
First time I could have been able to play DAoC "24-7", in a long time. When the server had been down a while I started thinking "God, I probably deserve this... but can't You give me a hint of what I have done wrong? That I may redeem my soul?" Or something like that.

Think I might benifit from seeing a psychiathrist (sp?) I suppose. :D

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Oysterboy said:
When Pryd went down I was on day 2 of a weeks sick leave. (Knee trouble, nothing serious.)
First time I could have been able to play DAoC "24-7", in a long time. When the server had been down a while I started thinking "God, I probably deserve this... but can't You give me a hint of what I have done wrong? That I may redeem my soul?" Or something like that.

Think I might benifit from seeing a psychiathrist (sp?) I suppose. :D
Eid =P

Everything alright with the knee now? :)

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Neo said:
I wonder how many players they lost to U.S servers by now.
Or even stopped playing, atleast i dont feel the "must" to play anymore.

2 accounts closed, 1 account open just coz of fun guildys :)

going play pryd for normal stuff and lamorak for rvr :)

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:
Eid =P

Everything alright with the knee now? :)

It was pretty good, but now I've been back for 2 days at work it's starting to ache a bit again....
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the prospect of Pryd being back up on Monday.

(TBA: Name and number of a nice doctor.)

:D

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Well, you can't please everyone, I guess.

I'm happy to see they bothered to compensate people and gave regular updates on the state of things. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom