Friars

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
Their situation in the game today, their usefullness in RVR and common specs and RA specs.

Discuss!

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Good resists, ST, Bodyguard, grapple, Power drain, self end, etc

any reason no to bring 1 ?

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Ran into a a friar a few times last night (FC group I think, he was good at switching bg).

They are kind of annoying as they look just like casters with tartaros, and ST is a very good RA. They can take much more punishment than casters (obviously) still they drop fast enough with the assist train on them.

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
-Freezingwiz- said:
Good resists, ST, Bodyguard, grapple, Power drain, self end, etc

any reason no to bring 1 ?

agree, dunno why albs dont run with em

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Elohesra is a 50 friar - seen him plenty of times in NF

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Netcode said:
never seen one in a fg in NF

I haven't played much on excal lately tho, but it is damm rare I don't run with a friar tbh :p

and I was out duoing with a Friar/Reaver duo last night, we had great fun when we killed 6 mids out of 8-10 against 2 because of ST and TWF on top of eachother even tho the reaver is only ML3 and not toa'd at all :)

oh and I forgot to mention Friar's RR5 RA, PBAOE disarm, works nice against a tank train before BG kick in etc :)

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
People do run with friars, the hard part is trying to fit the abilities into 8 spaces in a group as something pretty much always has to be sacrificed. The usual sacrifice being a paladin for a friar, but then you lose end regen and AOG.

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
Alithiel said:
You've been playing with your eyes closed? :p

must do since never seen on in a fg in NF. hav e meet em solo or duo but never in a fg, but then again am i skald and dont get grp when "1337" guilds are out and rvr :>

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Tedious Ten always run with a friar, as did Southfield.

We'll be running with one soon, hes TOAed and about to ding ML8 woot Mikey :)xx

Yunio

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm the last 2, 2.5 month we are running with a friar when we can :D absolutely a good addition to a group.

Btw mirt, think it could had been our group, cause i know we did run several times into your group last night :) and hes a really good bg' er

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
The problem in Albion is usually to fit the utility into a FG. It usually ends with either a pally or friar for the BG spot. As I am biased some ppl will prolly rant, but I would rather choose a pally especially when running in a tank group, in a caster group a friar will do ok until you run into tank heavy opponents.

But as always skill is more important.

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
nice, more opinions.

whats the common spec for a friar then?

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Megalodon said:
The problem in Albion is usually to fit the utility into a FG. It usually ends with either a pally or friar for the BG spot. As I am biased some ppl will prolly rant, but I would rather choose a pally especially when running in a tank group, in a caster group a friar will do ok until you run into tank heavy opponents.

But as always skill is more important.

i think getting nuked for 350 dmg instead of 600 by hib/mid mages is a good enough reason to include a friar

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Garbannoch said:
i think getting nuked for 350 dmg instead of 600 by hib/mid mages is a good enough reason to include a friar

u sometimes nuke under 1500dmg? AMAZING STUFF U SEE ON FORUMS!!!:eek2:

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
But then the pally could twist in heat/cold or tri resist - albeit it's range is a bit crap, and isn't up 100% of the time. Personally i'd love to be able to fit a pally and a friar into a group, but it seems really difficult to do without gimping damage output. Maybe if the Pally was 2h it wouldn't be quite as bad, though I'm not too sure on pally 2h damage (only ever been s/s on pally).

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
make pally end chant non-powercost and you could if ya liked drop mincer and run: cleric, cleric, friar, sorc, pala, merc, merc theu (drop merc for caba etc). shame mythic did it like that tho :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom