Friars Realm Abilities

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
Can someone please give me a list of Realm Abilities and in which order I should get them.

Thanks in advance. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
RAs I (personally) consider essential and couldn't live without are (I mainly solo/small grp):
  • MCL
  • Longwind 1 (long sprint) or 3 (perma-sprint)[Impossible to go back to not having it. Level 2 has no further effect than level 1.]
  • (IP) - possibly not *essential* depending on playstyle but v. handy. Also I find FA pretty useful.

Add Purge (probably essential for grouping), Dodger, MoPain, AoM, Toughness etc. as you want.

punchy

Fledgling Freddie
Coren said:
[*]Longwind 1 (long sprint) or 3 (perma-sprint)[Impossible to go back to not having it. Level 2 has no further effect than level 1.]

So longwind 4+ has no further effect either? i.e. get lw3 and you have perma-sprint for no end cost? hmmm RA respec if I can get permanent sprinting for 3rd tier ability :)

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
imo

Dodger2 ( even tho dodger is taken away from us in frontiers)

MCL (great for when u need power after doing those pow consuming buffs +battle rezz's heals)

Purge , essential for solo/grps imo due to amount of classes out there with stun stlyes/chains . cos if u get stunned u ARE gonan get pwnd hence purge will help u

MoPain
MoParry

levels upto you as to what ya can afford.

I.p when u can afford it to go with purge and dodger/mcl :)

altho if your only just startig out as a friar dont even worry about ra's for your friar yet cos they nearly ALL get changed when frontiers arrive hence u only gonna repsec anyways :)

o and ofc all the pre-requestits :)

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
long wind 1 also :) maybe 2 if u can afford but IMO 3+ of lw is a waste of points

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
I got MCL first from BG's then went with Dodger 2, MOParry, Toughness and i think AOM. Was saving for IP when i quit, think i got to FA1 with points left over.

Aug Dex 2
MoPain 1
Aug Qui 2
Dodger 1
Longwind
Mopain 2
MoParry 1

pretty much sees me fine in Red mob bashing... had MCL b4..but tbh i never usually run massively out of power cos i dbl tap the end regen chant so it doesnt actually use power... next up is Dodger 2 and MoParry 2 then Purge and IP.. still takes all sorts

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
Because of the way our end buff and chant work, the only levels of longwind worth getting as a friar are 1 and 3 (not 4, and not 2, unless thou doth proceedeth to 3. 5 is right out etc.). The precise reasons are on drunkenfriar, or at least they used to be haven't looked since it got changed. In any case, longwind 2 will have no further effect than 1, i.e. allowing a pretty long sprint, and longwind 3 (or above) will allow you to sprint non-stop for as long as you have power.

Edit: Note punchy that this only goes for friars - cos of our end buff+chant - I assume for classes without it simply scales the more points you put into it...just noticed your sig doesn't say friar and don't want to waste your respec ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
you need long wind X + end regen Y such that X+Y=5 and that Y>=1 for permasprint

long wind 5 as of current is not permasprint and is no different from long wind 4

however if you have end 1 and lw4 you can have permasprint, same with end 2 (friars) and lw3

long wind 2 for a friar will let you sprint for a bit longer than long wind 1 - should double the time you're sprinting for...

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
Some new stuff on this (note this refers to testing on Pendragon of Frontiers, and not live RAs):

http://www.drunkenfriar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2652

I can't seem to find the original testing as Drunken Friar has moved forum system and looks like all the old posts got nuked mostly, but I'm pretty sure [or people on forums used to be sure a while back] LW2 has no further effect at present. I've not tested myself though, and its staying at level 1 for me as I think most passives aren't worth the points after level 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom