yep and you shall be nerfedf MWHUEAHUEHAUheaheahehaheHEAUHEA

maybe

I

inuyasha

Friars = coolest tank in the game.

Nerf! =)

G

Garnet

Friars are nice even though they are gimps...well mine is anyway ;)

D

dwindimir

Sure they are...

I was bored and watching a friar (lv50) and another player (lv49) killing essence shredders at df (they conned orange to the friar).

Looked like this:
Evade
Evade
Evade
Evade
Evade
Parry
Hit
Evade
Evade
Evade
Evade
Hit
Mob died

Friar lost about 5% of health :p

A

azshara

Originally posted by dwindimir
Sure they are...

I was bored and watching a friar (lv50) and another player (lv49) killing essence shredders at df (they conned orange to the friar).

Looked like this:
Evade
Evade
Evade
Evade
Evade
Parry
Hit
Evade
Evade
Evade
Evade
Hit
Mob died

dont belive that.

the mob shoulda died much much faster... :rolleyes:

S

seeaira

Sure they are...

Looked like this:
Evade
Evade
Evade
Evade
Evade
Parry
Hit
Evade
Evade
Evade
Evade
Hit
Mob died

Pffft... I do that with my 2 handed pally.. the one people think is gimped. I solo orange and loose about 2 to 5% life :p

V

Vireb

Sure they are...

Looked like this:
Evade
Evade
Evade
Evade
Evade
Parry
Hit
Evade
Evade
Evade
Evade
Hit
Mob died

only orange con to friar ? bah its impressive when you see the friar do purp con umbroo hulks or chain pull cthonic knight :p

V

vofflujarnid

pfff...my Warrior took purple con Ambassador in DF with only losing 5% of health or less. I was buffed to the nuts though :rolleyes:

And all Warriors can do the same thing

Y

-yoda-

shredders hitr like pussys ., they hit me for 50'ish dmge... and when my ablative goes of thats 1/2'd . they aint actually hard to solo ... ive seen many albion chars SOLO red cons in df sucumbus' being a fave of mine and many other classes .. friars can solo hulks but thats with lucky evades , lucky parrys and prolly have to pop ya IP "im not high rr enough yet to attmept a hulk" although i have solo'ed purple nightmares without ip "cos i aint got it" im sure warriors maybe even zerkers can do the same sorta pve kills .. same with wardens ? "seen a warden somewhere says he can do red/purps in df2 and lose v little hp .

but the over powered friar whines are from zerkers n sb's who are pissed cos there dmge being toned down to come in line with other realms :p "or skalds" ANYBODY how knows a friar well or has one KNOWS they aint 1/2 as powerfull in rvr as you think .. excelent 1v1 but not as powerfull by any means as MANY other albs classes when in 8v8 or more battles.

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by seeaira
Pffft... I do that with my 2 handed pally.. the one people think is gimped. I solo orange and loose about 2 to 5% life :p
It is gimped in comparison with a S&B Paladin who can do the same with red / low purple mobs.... ;)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by alithiel50
It is gimped in comparison with a S&B Paladin who can do the same with red / low purple mobs.... ;)

or take 2 pallies rr3&4 and kill the alb prince together, no buffs/active ra's :rolleyes:

A

arrakeen

wonder how meny pala's with buffs and bot ip and faith heal rdy i would take to kill legion :p

M

moo_work

shameless postcount+1

almost as shameless as the creator of this thread but at least i admit it!

:D

F

-Freezingwiz-

Originally posted by vofflujarnid
pfff...my Warrior took purple con Ambassador in DF with only losing 5% of health or less. I was buffed to the nuts though :rolleyes:

And all Warriors can do the same thing

But u need buffs from other and can´t heal after fight... ;P

S

seeaira

Originally posted by alithiel50

2 hours and 2 faith heals later yeah you are right ;) I do the red in less then half the time a S&S Pally would.. But people will always say that a 2 handed pally is gimped no matter what they do unless they take on the dragon 1 on 1.. lol

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Arnor2
or take 2 pallies rr3&4 and kill the alb prince together, no buffs/active ra's :rolleyes:

Just 6 relics :great:

B

Brotherbone

Watching a Friar

The Level 50 Friar was me - Brotherbone - also most of those essense shredders were actually red cons, but thats not the point.

The Minstrel with me was Graice, and with her nice melee absorption buff running, the shredders (which hit like pansys anyway) were hitting me for a whopping 20 odd damage, i think the most i got hit for was about 60 damage, and seeing that ive got ~1600 hps thats sweet FA really.

also i was in my Sc gear, with full ablative procs on everything. Basically stuff dont hit me for much damage, Soem nice RA's for example dodger 2, means that reasonably slow mobs, like shredders, dont hit me much cos of my evade.

The shredders went down so easy, cos there easy to kill, and with Gracie with me, they go down with practically no downtime.

Gracie and myself can almost kill Inquisitors on our own, (now shes 50 were gonna try again) we can get them to less then 1/5 health, but they hit hard (^.^)

Just thought id clear it up a bit -

ps

Muahahahahha ! :D

B

Brotherbone

Soloing Purples

Just an additional note - I can solo purple mobs for around 1/2 health, i got proof, as some of my guildmates watched me do it.

Ablative procs are the way forward ;)

J

Jiggs

gEt the hell outta my thread j00 spamming bastids!!!!1!

C

catalina

S/S palas own in pve

purp con with 75% hp isn't uncommon and as for red con and below it ain't hard to finish on virtually full hp.

as for the slur that it takes us 3 days to take down orange con or above, MoPain 3 soon takes care of that ;)

Myself and a certain gimpy friar frequently took down the Tower Guardian and Tower keeper in search of drops without a problem while i have watched groups of 4-5 ppl die on the same mobs without even taking em to 50%

verdict: pve, s/s palas own and are an essential ingredient in any group

rvr, we suck big time. ooh the exitement of guarding casters/healers until the insta-win buttons are used. our only saving grace is using FH to extend our death slightly longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom