Friar spec

Ariacs

Fledgling Freddie
Im leveling a friar at the moment and cant decide on a final spec.

Ive been looking through different forums and posts about it and have got it down to 3 specs but would like some more advice on them. They are:

39s / 47e / 18r / rest parry

39s / 46e / 25r / rest parry

44s / 47e / 7r / rest parry

The first 2 seem slightly better as I would like to do more grouped RvR. But Im still unsure.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
I am going 44 staff 46 enh 15 rejuv 8 parry on mine.

Good damage+Stun, last heat resist, 30% res and decent ws.

It's a case of how you going to play i guess, i am going to solo mainly with mine.In my view, if you soloing more than grouping go for the top one, friend has that on his 50 friar it's a lovely spec.

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
going 39staff/49enh/18rejuv/9parry meself

the 44 staffstyle isn't worth it imo, third in a sidepositional chain so don't expect to pull that off in RvR very much.
49enhance give all 3 last resists, the only thing a friar has to offer a RvR group... as clerics heal better and every other real tank does better in the assist-train
18rejuve for the spec heal, which maybe slower that the baseline heal..but alot more consistent for slightly less power, and the 30% rezz is nice

hopefully should make a good soloer with all the nice selfbuffs, and got some things to offer a group

Thrunge

Fledgling Freddie
I use the second spec and its very good in pve, you can generally be main healer as long as the mobs arent too insane, 25 juve gives you a 293 point spec heal and a small HoT which is good against disease. Against mobs in pve only a pally heal chanting and enraging would be able to pull aggro off you if you use boon :)

Soloing is great with the friar, very little downtime.

I havent used him too much in rvr, tried to get groups a couple of times but tend to get overlooked for det tanks or clerics. Its a common complaint on the friar boards I troll, we are trying to get some more group utility for rvr through the TL reports. Of course a nice guild group is cool but you wont be able to be main healer.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
When I played Elefair she was originally specced 39 staff. When we got the single line respec last patch I respecced to 44 staff, yes the 44 style is not easy to pull off but without changing anything else I was doing on average 50 more damage per hit using Friars Boon.

Depends if you think the extra damage is worth it.

sru

Fledgling Freddie
Ariacs said:
39s / 47e / 18r / rest parry
The first 2 seem slightly better as I would like to do more grouped RvR. But Im still unsure.

the 18 rejuv is a great balance between that healing disaster that is a 15 rejuv friar <winks> and the more rejuc specced friar that loses some nice self buffs.

The last haste buff is great - do not let anyone say different. The 18 rejuv is good enough to be secondary healer in PvE (primary if a really good group) and, in RvR, no amout of rejuv will make you a primary healer so do not try. You job in RvR is to heal until oom then thwack things (generalisation but fairly common). Though if the healer is taking a battering from a /assist train, forget trying to heal him/her, you will not manage it. Only a rejuv cleric can keep uo with the damage done there - and then only if they are really fast.

39 staff is fine - with +11 you get 50. And 99% of the time you are Boon'ing or side-styling. Some counter-evade etc. to slow down a foe for kiting if neeeded.

Moth Twiceborn

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going:

39s /45e /25r /rest parry

People in pickup groups usually thank the cleric when I've saved the butt of the main tank :) but this is a nice balance for me. Would like the 44s style for PvE, and/or the last haste buff, but you can't have everything in life :)
Depending on what abilities I get in ToA, might respec then. But until then...

The question for me is - now I've got Dodger II - what's next in RA's? I'm obviously not a soloer in RvR... what do I go for? MoPain? Or what?

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Master of Parry..or some farming friars prefer IP so they can solo diamond mobs safely, all depends how you want to play your friar at the end of the day, and how far you intend to take him/her into RvR, Purge in that instance is useful ofc.

Anarki

Fledgling Freddie
my friar spec is:
39 staff
47 enh
23 parry
07 rej

i'm happy with it!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
THere is ofc different specs, and it up to you really...

myself:
39 staff, 49 enhance, 13 parry 15 rejuv but take in mind the upcomming ToA and the ML's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom