Friar Spec Help

A

Arwen

Hi, i recently made a friar at the moment it is level with level 2 staff and level 5 buff thing specs. Can anyone advice any level 50 specs to aim for to make me good in fighting RvR especially.. and when does the '1.5* spec' kick in....?

O

old.LandShark

1.5* spec points is every level after lvl5. I.e. when you ding level10, you will receive (10*1.5)=15 extra spec points to spend.

As for templates.. there are a lot of different ones for friar. Some of the more common are...

47enhance 44staff 14parry (Battle friar. Completely god-awful at healing, but a good damage-dealer)

48enhance 39staff 18rejuv 13parry (A balanced friar. Solid specced heal, although not good enough to be the main healer in all situations. Minutely lower damage than the above template)

38enhance 39staff 33rejuv 16parry (Healing-oriented friar. Solid melee though takes more damage than the above 2 templates. Very decent heals indeed, plus you get the thrill of being an uncommon char :p)

Anyhoo there are loads, take a trip to daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder15.cfm and have a play around.
Anything with at least 29staff and 38enhance and 18rejuv can't be gimped. Go from that assumption and spec how you feel you will enjoy playing... whether as a selfbuffed ninja tank thing or as a healer with a sting in its tail.

Incidentally, to be 'good at fighting in RvR' a friar needs a group. You can't solo in RvR without stealth or speed, imho at least. Once you're in a group, the difference between 39staff and 44staff (for example) becomes even less important, whereas if losing those 5pts of staff lets you get the 24% heat resist buff instead of the 16%, then that'll probably make more of a difference overall....

D

dk_flint

im honoured that you followed my advise ;]

friars r0x

B

benedictine

Arwen I went for the battle friar template and it works for me. I stil do my fair share of healing but at 7 rejuv its not much good. That said, I don't think high rejuv is worth it unless our rejuv line gets some loving (unlikely).

The best template these days is:

48enhance 39staff 18rejuv 13parry

Max staff with items and SC

Anyway the debate goes on. Check out:

http://www.drunkenfriar.com/

and you wont go far wrong.

Happy sticking :)

C

Cabo-

nuff sayd land... :D
ohh, and remember, resist buffs are your friend :D

btw, my spec is 48enhance 39staff 18rejuv 13parry, seams to work.

J

Jiggs

get some levels

enjoy yourself

atm i like the 36staff 48enh 25reju 10parry spec

but i am 39staff 18reju dunno if i'll respec

M

Motowntheta

Don't get that staff too high.... :)

At 50 with 36 staff I can get + 13 with a few realm ranks and not sc items (from the nice little trees in lyonesse). So keeping your staff at 39 isn't that necessary.

My current spec (I'm not as uber as cronn or jiggs :) ) is

Staff 36 + 13
Rejuv 33 + 12
Enhance 38 + 10 (why oh why oh why)
Parry 24 + 8

Swap rejuv into enhance for a more melee orientated friar :)

O

old.KW

I went with
39staff
38enh
25reju
27parry

works well for me, not lost to a sb/shade yet even taken down afew zerks with that set up
:D

ps the last line of resist buffs are nice BUT its not as important as it was before SC'in went in

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom