Y

-yoda-

looking for these staffs

Destinys bubble breaker "sidi"
Brazen stout defender "sidi"
Statley Staff "barfog?"
Dragon staff
the staff that drops from Smith in Si area

i dunno if the sidi staffs have been dropped yet but im lookig for em , anybody have ?

E

Eggy

Brazen stout defender dropped the other day...did Quicksilver, the highest friar in the world who bid on it win it? No, a level 48 did. Anyway it looks crap, 2 glowy bobbles on each end.

A

Afroninja

barfog staff doesnt glow. but i have 2 if you want to make an offer :)

on a side note. just because quicksilver has spent more time in rvr than any other friar, does that mean all drops automatically go to him?

Q

quinthar

4 of us went and DID Barfog yesterday got a stately staff I think make us an offer and we wont salvage it :)

A

Apathy

What are the stats on it?

What does it glow like?

a.

S

Sol-

Originally posted by kronus

on a side note. just because quicksilver has spent more time in rvr than any other friar, does that mean all drops automatically go to him?

the objection was to the fact that a lvl 48 who cant use the weapon to its full effectiveness till he is lvl 50 / rr5 i think.

A

Apathy

If the 48 friar was allowed in the lotto, then there is no problem. If Q wasn't aware of the situation before he went for the lotto, then that's his problem if he only wants to go for lottos that only allow certain levels/RRs.

Besides, it's not even Q whinging, it's E.

a.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Sol-
the objection was to the fact that a lvl 48 who cant use the weapon to its full effectiveness till he is lvl 50 / rr5 i think.

which is an altogether retarted argument.

while levelling did your (or Eggy's) characters only use yellowcon items (or actually 1 level after becoming yellowcon)? Do your (or Eggy's) sub-RR5 characters use 16.2dps weapons?

Levelling from 48 to 50 takes 1 day if you are determined, and after that, the staff will be yellow to the Friar who won it.

Basically, I say fuck off and take your (Eggy's) snobbery elsewhere.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Yes but it will still completely useless to him because he won't be RR5!! I mean, what is the point in having a weapon that you cannot use properly? There is a whole 0.3% EXTRA damage that is being wasted. 0.3%!! Can you imagine the uber damage that would inflict on a heavily buffed zerker with 2000HP?!

A

Apathy

What would you know about zerkers, Mr.R1L8?

a.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I am surprised you couldn't see the irony in my post. :rolleyes:

A

Athis

Originally posted by -yoda-
the staff that drops from Smith in Si area

Whazzat? I just know the Knuckle Basher and that drops in the dales(want one myself, anyone want to hand one over? Else I'll have to try to get some people together to camp there I guess).

A

Afroninja

Charred Wooden Stick

16.5 4.2 95% qual
Staff +4
Rej +3
Spirit 5%
Hits +20

Spirit DD (level 48)
95 damage

Although Smithy hits rather hard for an orange con

A

Athis

Charred Wooden Stick

16.5 4.2 95% qual
Staff +4
Rej +3
Spirit 5%
Hits +20

Spirit DD (level 48)
95 damage

Although Smithy hits rather hard for an orange con

Where is Smithy? Also how hard is "rather hard" approximately?

A

Afroninja

Around the 300-350 mark i think, havent tried him for a while. Gave up farming as he wouldnt drop the thing, and takes a while to respawn:) he also has a stun

Caer Caddug

E

Eggy

Originally posted by Pin
which is an altogether retarted argument.

while levelling did your (or Eggy's) characters only use yellowcon items (or actually 1 level after becoming yellowcon)? Do your (or Eggy's) sub-RR5 characters use 16.2dps weapons?

Levelling from 48 to 50 takes 1 day if you are determined, and after that, the staff will be yellow to the Friar who won it.

Basically, I say fuck off and take your (Eggy's) snobbery elsewhere.

? I wasn't even whinging. I was just saying lol no need to get your knickers in a twist.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Eggy
? I wasn't even whinging. I was just saying lol no need to get your knickers in a twist.

yeah. nevermind, wasn't really reacting to comments here, but the general carry-over from this week's Sidi thread, etc. A hell of a lot of snobs in there imo.

so... :fluffle:

A

Athis

Around the 300-350 mark i think, havent tried him for a while. Gave up farming as he wouldnt drop the thing, and takes a while to respawn:) he also has a stun

Caer Caddug

Tried him for fun with my 47 friar (comparing to avalon because I haven't really killed oranges/reds anywhere else):

Hit him for about half of what I hit red drakorans (~50-ish per swing with boon with a 15.0 3spd 99% staff). He hit me back for 250-300 per swing at about the same rate as drakoran sneaks attack (AF90 99% armor, 21% crush)

Guess I'll have to put a small gank group together if I want to have a chance :m00:

Anyway, to add something to the conversation: If you want to be speshul and use a staff nobody has in alb(doubt it anyway), get a group together and head to Doden's Gruva. Kill Jarl Ormar until you get this:

Niveous Effluvium Quarterstaff
Dps 16.5 Spd 2.9 Bonus 25% Quality 92%
Dex 7
Staff 2
Parry 2
Cold 4%
95 dd cold proc

Has an effect extremely similar if not identical to what's on the Bubble Breaker, plus it's kinda the fastest high level staff out there :)

R

Restart

Originally posted by Eggy
Brazen stout defender dropped the other day...did Quicksilver, the highest friar in the world who bid on it win it? No, a level 48 did. Anyway it looks crap, 2 glowy bobbles on each end.

I think the more to the point question is would Quicksilver even used the friggin staff? answer to that being NO, he has full sc suit, everything capped etc, so what use is a staff that will bugger up his sc config unless you make a whole new set of armour especially to use the staff? imo its better off with a lower char who will actually use the damn thing

P

Prat

tryhttp://members.chello.nl/~tb.vaneldik/sidistaff2.jpg

Stout defender picture

16.5dps 5.6speed 100%quality
+4 staff
+3 parry
+22 dex
+22 pie
remember to knock the try off the front of http since it wont let me post url's as a new user

E

Eggy

Originally posted by Restart
I think the more to the point question is would Quicksilver even used the friggin staff? answer to that being NO, he has full sc suit, everything capped etc, so what use is a staff that will bugger up his sc config unless you make a whole new set of armour especially to use the staff? imo its better off with a lower char who will actually use the damn thing

He got +str at the start and is making a new SC suit

:clap:

E

Eggy

Originally posted by Pin
yeah. nevermind, wasn't really reacting to comments here, but the general carry-over from this week's Sidi thread, etc. A hell of a lot of snobs in there imo.

so... :fluffle:

:fluffle:

W

whuzzy

Ummm 8/

How about reading sig and stop whining 8O)

oh ... while we @ it ... ding 50 :p (Big thanks to Dagowit, Necro, Nume, Robin & Maff)

Whuzz

Q

QuickS

First off, there's no way I think anyone deserves a drop anymore than anyone else. Of course I was dissapointed at not getting anything for going on a five hour raid...

Secondly, yes I did want the staff, show me another 16.5 5.6 staff in the game. It was the reason I went on the raid.

V

Vorcyn

Easy solution. Continue to go on the raids until you get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom