French and Germans getting expansion first >:(

O

Oopsa Daisy

The release dates for S.I is February are the 21st 2003 (For U.K/English version) and the 19th for the French & German versions.

Good marketing GOA!
English always get everything last!
Server updates, expansion, News

I still want them to patch us to american patch asap! Why do we always have to wait for them frenchies and germans!

P

Psy|:m00:

Games are released on the wednesday in france/Germany

Friday In England

It's not some conspiricy, just the days that games are released in the three countries

O

Oopsa Daisy

Yeah right still we get it 2 days later :/
The part i really don't get here is that english servers always have to wait. We have to wait till they translated the patches.

And now we also have to wait 2 days longer before we get the expansion. This just really pisses me of

P

omg two days, the suns going to fall out of the sky and kill us all!!11

:p

2 days isn't a lifetime, nor it is GOAs fault.

But i can tell you just want to whinge and piss and moan, so i'll just leave you at it :)

A

Aeternus

geez i reckon other european countries will get the game 4 weeks after the uk release.... as usual.

O

Oopsa Daisy

Hehehe don't make me think about that :p I don't live in the uk.
If that happens i would be going nuts :)

And 2 days are 48 hours wich equals 2880 minutes wich equals 172800 seconds. Now that is long :p

Just pointing out we always get stuff last :p Don't take me to serious tho ;)

Edit : typos

C

cHodAX

You want to hear the punchline to this joke?

Italy get Shrouded Isles in 2 weeks. They have 2500 subscribers, a small translation team and yet the full regionalised version is in the shops a FULL month before GOA can do the same. Now lets do the maths people........

25,000 Subcriptions x £6 per month = £150,000 per month income

And yet they patch much slower than Italy even though they have x10 the income, hence x10 the possible resources to make this game work. GOA sadly you are the weakest link......

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by old.cHodAX

Italy get Shrouded Isles in 2 weeks. They have 2500 subscribers, a small translation team and yet the full regionalised version is in the shops a FULL month before GOA can do the same. Now lets do the maths people........

And yet they patch mych slower than Italy even though they have x10 the income, hence x10 the possible resources to make this game work. GOA sadly you are the weakest link......
:eek6: :eek6: :eek6:

O

old.Pepsay

Originally posted by old.cHodAX

And yet they patch mych slower than Italy even though they have x10 the income, hence x10 the possible resources to make this game work. GOA sadly you are the weakest link......

Guess Italy have people that dosent need to use a dictionary when translating like goa does :p

S

SilverHood

they translate from English to French and english to german right?

Do the french do all the translations, or do they have an army of monky's doing their dirty work?

C

cHodAX

You could translate from English to Hindu and Arabic in less time than it takes for GOA to translate a 5mb patch from English to French.....

S

SilverHood

wonder whether the french and germans would want to give up their language servers to get patches as the US have them?

O

old.Krusha

i would vote for that SilverHood :) (i dont play on non-engrish servers.. but would give me more servers to play on muahaha muahaha)

O

old.Kladen

Originally posted by SilverHood
Do the french do all the translations, or do they have an army of monky's doing their dirty work?

aint that the same thing?

S

SFXman

So us people not in the UK, France or Germany have to also wait :p
What a jip :p
What if Finland released games on tuesdays or thurdays :p

O

old.Hendrick

I'll tell you how it is when I buy it on that wednesday :)

P

Something that interests me though is if you preorder through camelot-europe, will you receive it on the day it's released in your country, or when it's released full stop (ie 19th) since the problem is the way in which retail releases are handled and not in particular that GOA decided to be petty?

<ponders>

D

Delket

I agree also this sucks, they dont even have to translate it for us UK peeps, why not ship it the previous friday and say you cant use it till wednesay?

K

klavrynd

they do translate it , i can't imagine native american people like mythic putting things like this in :

korea-goa.jpg

O

old.Kram

heh, I bet ya' they are using altavista translater :rolleyes:

W

Whoodoo_RD

Ahh, trusty babblefish :) every galaxy hitch-hiker should not leave earth without one :)

Anyone checked out the other countries that have DAoC? Do ya own footwork, I know the results, but think youll be more cheesed reading it yourselves.

Australia
South Africa
Mexico
Italy
New Zealand
South Korea

Looking at this, the euro servers are obviously taking the name of the game too litteraly, "Dark Ages.." :p

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by klavrynd
they do translate it , i can't imagine native american people like mythic putting things like this in :

korea-goa.jpg

didn't realise Mythic only employed the native americans :)

and I'm pretty sure they don't translate the UK versions, it's just a server installation.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Fingoniel
and I'm pretty sure they don't translate the UK versions, it's just a server installation.

Im sure someone said GOA have to rename some mobs or sommit, like bandits in Albion are called Robbers in the US, even tho there are also robbers in Albion (confused yet?)

If the italians have only got a player base of 2500, why the hell do us Brits and other English playing ppl dont have a server in the UK ill never understand.

D

DocWolfe

no they are still called bandits in US.... coz look at the numerous mob webbies out there... they dont translate a thing. If they tranlated to english we would have colour instead of color and armour instead of armor

I

inqy

I don't really mind that it's released 2 days earlier in France/Germany. Thats fine.

What *might* annoy me is to see these players have access to the new classes on the English servers, when we do not. :/

O

old.Icebreaker

Iam sure Goa opens all Servers for SI at the same time.If you buy it at 19th or 21th makes no difference. :)

I think they do it at the 21th or later

------------------------------
Icebreaker <Celtic Fist>

I

inqy

So you're saying they can buy it on the 19th and not be able to use the new gfx engine, new areas/classes until the 21st? Weird. :/

O

old.Chronic

Hey I don't mind there being a 2 day gap, may be a few reasons for it. Could be shipping and distribution to blame but we will never know, what I want to know is what the PRICE! of it I read on here it 30 euro's seen on some website 20 quid for it err can someone release some info on it please.

I must agree with a few peeps on here tho why Goa not just port the USA server version to UK version is beyond me, I have seen a few players in game leave for Usa version and read on here, do they release that they are loosing players to Usa version or are they very short sighted.

T

thefunkrocket

As of now, we are planning to release Shrouded Isles with the patch 1.57, which means that the servers should be patched to 1.57 during the release week of S.I.

So does it matter if we get it 2 days later since all it means is they have to wait longer to use it, I personally think they're doing us a favor :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom