Freezetagleague Goes Active Again

B

birdman`

Yeps, as said in news we go active again 20th March and most things and issues are pretty much set.

One thing is however maplist, in season 1 we used: q3dm7, CPM4, Pro-q3dm6, OSPdm5, q3dm14tmp and irm3dm1 (milky map)
Some go `Pro-dm6 is useless for freezetag due to size` etc others go `its too classic to remove!`,what instead then if its removed ?, needs to be something atleast most have tried before i`d say wich may narrow it down to few others.

Got question or suggestion ?, just shoot :)

P

{pixel}

One thing is however maplist, in season 1 we used: q3dm7, CPM4, Pro-q3dm6, OSPdm5, q3dm14tmp and irm3dm1 (milky map)

i think should get rid of dm6, who cares if its a classic, its over played, over voted for and since when did we stick to tradition?

D

Doc^

To Me Pro-6 is and has always been just a awful ( :wall: ) map for freeze.
Cess fest on a small map.5-5 on that map! LOL that is sad.
But hey that is just my thoughts.:hat:

I would prefer to bring in OSPdm6 and lean very strong towards doing that. That map rocks for Freeze.
:flame: :cheers:

P

psion

map - psidm7?

Hello! :)

Just thought i'd introduce myself, as i'm from the other side of the planet (BW is in the UK?) & heard that a FT league's maplist wasn't yet decided on. some of you may have seen my maps around the place, but there's one in particular i'd like you guys to look at:

Review & download link @ .:LvL:.

non-fileplanet mirror can be found here (thephhortress.com).

In short.. it's a map purpose built for freeze-tag, specifically for the freeze community in AU/NZ. we have regular 4v4 comps.. & a lack of suitable maps prompted me to make this. seems ppl have taken a liking to it's gameplay, & the response has been pleasing to say the least :)

featured on:

burial-grounds (OSP FFA)
-=Hellchick=- (beryllium)
Xtra ufreeze 1.1
Xtra ufreeze 1.1 - comp server
Xtra ufreeze 1.1 - high ping server

feel free to check it out :)

A

adame

yep, drop dm6 if u are sick of it, and bring new maps ;)

i particulary like maps with some lava (dm7) or something else (cpm4), because u can use it to unfreeze m8s pushing them in it ;) (with rox or rail)

L

LilliZ

Originally posted by birdman`
Yeps, as said in news we go active again 20th March and most things and issues are pretty much set.

Some go `Pro-dm6 is useless for freezetag due to size` etc others go `its too classic to remove!`,what instead then if its removed ?, needs to be something atleast most have tried before i`d say wich may narrow it down to few others.

Got question or suggestion ?, just shoot :)

Why not drop all the classics like dm7 aswell ? :u dm7 is quite playable even though its old, but what about PqArena or natedm1 ?

/me

P

{pixel}

Re: Re: Freezetagleague Goes Active Again

Originally posted by LilliZ
Why not drop all the classics like dm7 aswell ? :u dm7 is quite playable even though its old, but what about PqArena or natedm1 ?

/me

its an interesting idea lil.

i'd say those maps are way too unpopular to play, pqarena is pretty bad for team play imo:)

L

ln-jinx

Re: Re: Re: Freezetagleague Goes Active Again

i'd say those maps are way too unpopular to play, pqarena is pretty bad for team play imo:) [/B]

True they are but the same goes for the cpma4 which ain't all too popular either for the majority imo. I vote for nodm5 (Foolish legacy, by swelt), a great map which has it all imo :p Or why not add the most played, voted and loved map for freeze which is overkill?

And yes pls drop dm6 it's sucky for freeze. And while you're at it drop milk as well, it's lost it's charm by now. And cpm4 never even had that :)

For those who don't know nodm5 you can DL it here:http://www.quake3arena.eu.org/modul...&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=437&title=nodm5 and/or playtest it on the gcb's osp freezeserver. :m00:

D

Doc^

Re: Re: Re: Re: Freezetagleague Goes Active Again

jinx you are not slow i swear :)
maybe next season
and overkill? where is the quad?
LOL
I like ppl bringing up new maps and having good points on why they should be used. so hey keep it up
but we already started and maps are picked.

Originally posted by ln-jinx
True they are but the same goes for the cpma4 which ain't all too popular either for the majority imo. I vote for nodm5 (Foolish legacy, by swelt), a great map which has it all imo :p Or why not add the most played, voted and loved map for freeze which is overkill?

And yes pls drop dm6 it's sucky for freeze. And while you're at it drop milk as well, it's lost it's charm by now. And cpm4 never even had that :)

For those who don't know nodm5 you can DL it here:http://www.quake3arena.eu.org/modul...&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=437&title=nodm5 and/or playtest it on the gcb's osp freezeserver. :m00:

L

ln-jinx

hehehe k doc love ya too you're right i was slow and i dind't think of the quad on overkill (just love that map:p) But i _was_ right about nodm5, arQ actually sticks it into his next mappack which means that the map does r0x (just maybe a bit too small for 5v5, dunnow since i never played it 5v5) :)

Users who are viewing this thread