FreeLancer Preview

N

natrat

hey Sam...its hardly that, it doesnt have the depth even of diablo. the mp is a totally static environment, all the worlds have totally static economies, the missions are purely combat and repetative etc. servers can't share a single userbase either, so every server a GSP runs has its own players.

It's fun til you have the best ship and have found all the trade routes and mapped it out, then there is absolutely nothing to do as its entirely static. the only longevity from it will be PVP combat, and that will only be good on servers wit huge player limits (currently not tested). We'll see when it comes out, but my prediction is it will be a huge flash in the pan.

It had such potential and I was terribly disapointed. Even Elite had a dynamic economy and trade/item related missions and thats 20 years old, so why is it MS couldnt have implemented that as well?

B

Blood

I've played it now, had spare time to kill at a cybercafe so i loaded it up.. the game is very repetitive, and when the main storyline is over, there is very little sence of purpose in the game.

the storyline in the plot is nice, but over too soon, and you very quickly get tired of the standard phrases from everyone you try to talk with.

Users who are viewing this thread