Free Unlimited File Uploads

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Chronictank, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Chronictank

Chronictank FH is my second home

2. Bahumat

Bahumat FH is my second home

Whats the upload speed like?

3. Chronictank

Using bandwidth monitor at work (you use a Java app to upload which doesnt show speed) upload capped out at 7.9Mbps

4. Delket

Delket Fledgling Freddie

Theres obviously some catch. Thats a crap business model.

Here, free space + bandwidth!...I dont think so.

5. Chronictank

ofc, its fair usage
    just like most high speed broadband packages, upload a retarded ammount and they will stop you

6. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

But using it for daoc movies would be okay I assume?

It would certainly be better than shitty filefront ;(

7. Solo

Solo Fledgling Freddie

Well I believe they are an isp or website hoster, if they can impress with good free storage and speeds they may convince people to come back when they want to be a paying customer.

8. Delket

Delket Fledgling Freddie

Fairy nuff. All too many 'free' services do seem to crop up though which dont last long or have to change.

9. Chronictank

yeah they are a isp and domain hoster, they offer connections between the free hosting and your website, you can also upgrade to premium for dedicated servers
    I have a domain with them :)

10. Flintlock

Flintlock Banned

Why not convert them to divx and upload them to Stage6. That way I can show them on my site too. Bit of extra work but there are good converters about and free too. Dr Divx (free), Stoik Video Converter (not many know about this one - free) DivX Converter (free trial of 15 days I think). Those 3 very rarely fail. Uploading to Stage6 is a bit of a chore and can be very slow at times. Also the file can still fail after uploading. DivX allows very high quality - same as you created it really - and full screen viewing too. They won't delete it either.

Edit: If you have a lot of films why not host them yourselves? I have hosting with Lunarpages. I have 350 Gigs of webspace! Smaller DivX films I host myself. Lunarpages were a bit of a pain at first as they were messing with their servers but for weeks now it has been very stable. Downloads speeds are not lightening quick but most of the time the speeds are good enough for my streaming service to work fine. Very cheap it is too. £50 a year I think it was.