Rant Free Speech? Not in Britain!

Sar

Part of the furniture
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19059127

Sorry, but that's fucking ridiculous. Yes, his comment was reprehensible ("You let your father down, I hope you know that"), but to be arrested for sending that over Twitter?

What, the ACTUAL, fuck?

It's as well Emperor Palpatine didn't have access to Twitter, Luke Skywalker might've had him arrested for a similar tweet...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bit of a cuntish thing to say (his dad died a few months ago) but hardly worthy of an arrest.

rynnor

Rockhound
Raven said:
Bit of a cuntish thing to say (his dad died a few months ago) but hardly worthy of an arrest.

Arresting someone for that is laughable - is this trial by media or what.

Plus while police jump on this they dont even bother to turn up over actual crimes like burglary - great priorities there...

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
yeah if it was just the first one then fair enough you can say stuff but death threats put it in a different place even if they are tongue in cheek. Although this guy just seems to be a dick. I know being a dick isnt a good excuse to arrest people tho heh

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So on the basis of the BBC article it looks like a ridiculous over-reaction, but thanks to the BBC's oh so high-quality journalism we're only getting a fraction of the story, and we have to rely on AOL (Jesus wept) to get the full story. Methinks that's the real story.

On a side note, I think there needs to be a new law; "nothing counts if you say it on Twitter because everyone on it acts like a cunt anyway".

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Maybe it's time so people think what they write on the great internets. It's not the free roaming highway of secluded nerds anymore, it's for everyone and as such we hould expect it to become a hunting ground for assholes. Either side assholes mind you.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
How many thousands of abusive tweets are sent each day over twitter? How many people who aren't famous have their tormentors arrested? Perhaps people with thin skins should think twice before indulging in 2 way social media.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They should just make a new law that every time someone posts something on twitter they get smacked in the face by a rubber mallet and have a bucket of piss thrown over them. Chances are what they have to say is either an angry rant at someone or something or some utterly tedious story about their utterly tedious day.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I'm rowing about this on another forum, and I thought back to the old CTFOADOA days on here. What's the statute for prosecutions on this kind of thing? We're going to need a whole new police force, tents set up in the car parks of the law courts to process all the trolls. Concentration camps to cope with the massive rise in prison populations. It's ridiculous.

Also, if the fella who threatened to blow up a whole fucking airport just got off, what chance is there of a successful prosecution of someone who made a bad dead dad joke then threatened to push a diver into a pool?

Massive waste of police time.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually last time someone said FOAD it didn't result in even a temporary ban ;)

Most of the things in this world are a waste of the police time.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Next person who tells me to FOAD I'm going to kill.

Yes.

Sar

Part of the furniture
So on the basis of the BBC article it looks like a ridiculous over-reaction, but thanks to the BBC's oh so high-quality journalism we're only getting a fraction of the story, and we have to rely on AOL (Jesus wept) to get the full story. Methinks that's the real story.

On a side note, I think there needs to be a new law; "nothing counts if you say it on Twitter because everyone on it acts like a cunt anyway".

Pretty much this. Excellent job Beeb!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well they are a pretty terrible news agency these days!

gohan

FH is my second home
To be fucking honest.... who gives a shit. What ever happened to sticks and stones etc..... fuck me when did we turn into a country of whiney bitchy little babies......

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
chavs shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Seriously.... I blame the parents :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Twitter's instant expression and soundbite sized comments do seem to be attracting vast numbers of people who type before their brain is in gear.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Slightly off topic but it's a bit like sacking the airline people for 'Allowing' that boy to get thro security and fly to Rome. It happened because he's a little sod and knew exactly what he was doing, He needs a bloody good hiding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom