"free" ML's in patch 1.88

Lohr

Fledgling Freddie
NEW BOUNTY POINT REWARDS

The availability of rewards which can be purchased with Bounty Points has been greatly increased. Many of these rewards are designed to reduce much of the need to continue PvEing after reaching 50 for those who would rather focus immediately on RvR.

- Realizing their Atlantean masters are not returning, four sphinxes have traveled to the Hall of Heroes to offer ML credit, artifact credit, and scrolls in exchange for stories from the frontiers (represented by bounty points). Credit is obtained by purchasing the tokens they sell, then handing the tokens to them. If a token is purchased for an encounter the player already has credit for, handing the token back to the sphinx will return the Bounty Points spent.

- Bounty Point Masters have been added to each realm's primary border keep (Castle Sauvage, Svasud Faste, and Druim Ligen). These new NPCs sell a variety of items including: realm respecs, Champion Level respecs, Master Level respecs, the chestnut horse, hastener speed gems, experience-granting scrolls (in both a 1% and 10% variety), and special new jewelry items.

- The NPCs in each housing market that already sell deeds, porches and consignment merchants now offer the same goods for bounty points as well as gold.

- Merchants have been added to house hookpoint stores which can obtained for free and placed on a house hookpoint to allow the purchase of interior and garden decorations for bounty points as opposed to gold.

- Existing bounty point rewards (i.e. stones, totems, and crystals) now have 20 charges instead of 1. Note that current charges will not be retroactively updated on previously purchased rewards.

Lohr

Fledgling Freddie
From pendragon (test server)
Scrolls can be bought for
1/3 - 10 bps
2/3 - 100 bps
3/3 - 200 bps

Ml's are from 1.4k-4.8k bps for 1 ml (all 10 steps)
Ml1 is 1.4k bps , ml10 is 4.8k bps.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
mmm why not just give /level 50 insta ml10 free artie or sorry that what they are doing
daoc is now in "easy mode"

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Is this actully true?
Could solve a lot of problems of me rolling a new toon on toa servers tbh! and are the tokens tradeable ?

Edit: just checked it its true >>Rubs hands in glee<<

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
mmm why not just give /level 50 insta ml10 free artie or sorry that what they are doing

daoc in not being forced to pve with newbs shocker!

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Is this actully true?
Could solve a lot of problems of me rolling a new toon on toa servers tbh! and are the tokens tradeable ?

its currently running on pendragon test server

down side to this expect template items that drop from mls and arties to go though the roof as how is going to do mlrushs any more when this get here

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
99% of ml encounters are easily farmed, it will make virtually no difference, besides which, with labby one time drops and the stuff you can buy with BPs...who needs ml drops?

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Except for cetus cloaks, 2.10 torsos, ml10 stuff and the ml7 cloak, what items do people normaly use in their template? (and most of these are doable with a fg ^^)

illu

Part of the furniture
I think this will be most useful for people who prefer to RvR, and missed a few ML steps on the way that stopped them getting to the ML they wanted.

It's certainly an interesting idea, but I feel people should at least do the MLs once, to see some of the super ML x.10 mobs there are :>

Personally I think once you have done ML10 on one account and CL10 for that matter, ALL your toons should have them for that account.

I would even go so far as to make an RP Pool that all your toons could share, so you could chop and change with different classes depending on what was needed at the time, and gain RP across all your toons instead of having 1 "great" one, and 10 "crap" ones :>

Oli - Illu

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
It takes a while though... You can buy the credit for the encounters in TOA... then you have to port back to Sauvage (or the other main realm gate keeps) Buy a few ML XP tokens (need about 7 to get a full ml level's worth of xp) Go back to TOA, activate your new ML, back to Sauvage and do it all over again...

BUT... you can't hold more Bountypoint items then you have Realmranks. As in a RR2 can only carry 2 of the items... A RR3, 3 and so on.

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
BUT... you can't hold more Bountypoint items then you have Realmranks. As in a RR2 can only carry 2 of the items... A RR3, 3 and so on.

God... they have to fuck everything up dont they?!?!?!?! :p<3

wilfe

Fledgling Freddie
Is this actully true?

it means i can finally get that elusive 5.9 step on my ranger!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's not "free" ... (unless they make the tokens tradeable which would be monumentally stupid)

It's just an alternative way to progress.

Since most poeple with loads of BPs will already be ML10 and artifacted....

Just means instead of going "Level 50, ML10, artifacts, template, RvR" you can do "level 50, RvR" and buy the bits with bp.

In theory anyway, since if yer not already RR10 ML10 in a templated suit you'll be RP fodder :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Personally I think once you have done ML10 on one account and CL10 for that matter, ALL your toons should have them for that account.
Oli - Illu

Spot on ... i have like 10 hib 50s that i never play because no ml's and templates too expensive ... 1.87+1.88 are a great idea , at it focuses on daoc's strongest point RvR :D

+ I think this is actually quiet cleverly done as you need to earn the bp's and if you cba then you can roleplay it old way , will give alot more reason for people to make level 45+ pugs ... which would be exteremely welcome

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
Lovely, finally i can play zerk, shaman, sm or even healer in rvr :)

and my sb can finally be ml10 :)

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Seems like they are finally admitting that all they have done since SI is fecking up the game, trying to kill it and get ppl to leave.

I have 1 ml 10 have tried to get others some ml's but it's just so boring and takes hours on end. Without ml's certain chars are pretty gimped, atleast that seem's to be negated now.

No idea what kinda impact this will have tho.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
stupid idea.

you need ml + arties to compete in rvr.
you can buy whit bountys, or work old fashioned way for these.
when you have new toon, you dont have bountys, in realm isnt happening any ml raids because 50% have enough bountys to get what they want and cba come to help other (atleast in mids where we need for some steps alott more peeps what 2 other realms)

whitout arties/ml you are most of time walking free rp:s -> where in hell you get those bountys? zerg fights?(not onesided) where is those nowdays? there isnt anymore "easy" rp:s.
this game is loosing daily base players and now mythic make this kind changes, jessus.

some old peeps play 1-2 toons what allready uber twinked and dont plan make new ones, they have all, dont need anything, those who make new chars keep these ml stuff working.
is there enough these?
is mythic starting nerfing cycle to get peeps make new chars so we have enough peeps for raids?

this would be ok idea IF theres enough players to do steps old way, now? nope.

stupid idea, very stupid idea.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
seriously lack of MLs are keeping people out of the frontier, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that if they are free (or virtually) there will be more people out in rvr.

what would people rather have.

lots of people quitting or not playing a lot because they don't have the time or inclination to go through toa.

or

lots of people in the frontier, having fun, playing multiple toons, you know, just like in SI days.

people whining about it ruining pve should play a pve game like WoW, daoc pve is shit, daoc isn't a pve game...its a pvp game

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I don't understand the critique too. DAoC's PvE or PvE in most games is just dull.

Buying MLs, artifact credit, scrolls and items allows you to choose if you want to get it the PvE way or while RvR'ing (eventhough it will be prolly mindless zerging as people will say I am not on a finished char so I don't care how I play).

Having choices is good and I am sure there will be still some PvE to get the jewelery needed that fits better into templates or there will be still artifact and ML raids (for loot) if you want to start to RvR on a fully templated char.

Options are just good.

illu

Part of the furniture
Now - if only you could trade BP's from one toon to another.......

Now THAT would be interesting :>

Oli - Illu

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
lol... oh my this is what the beloved old game has become :p wonder how long it will take them to brain storm "level 50 for gold" up

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
seriously lack of MLs are keeping people out of the frontier, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that if they are free (or virtually) there will be more people out in rvr.

I don't know where you're getting this idea really.
The people who like RvR are out in the frontier already with or without MLs.
The people who don't like RvR aren't.
I don't know a single person who would like to RvR but won't cos they're missing MLs.
There aren't going to be more people in the frontier after this than there are already cos all the people who like RvR are there already.
The only changes this will make in population at all are an extremely small number of ex-players who might return for a month or two & an equally small number of PvEers who might leave permanently.
Personally I only have 1 toon which is missing MLs but has BPs & it's one I no-longer want to play with or without MLs.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
We would see some twinked maulers in uberfast time :p

8 to 12 hours to 50
2 days to ml10
1 day to artie credits
5hours to arties lvl10

already ahve all another items ready for template

so just up 4 days to have mauler 50 ml10 and templated, think's that quick enough for me

back on topic

and this idea will rock for Co-op and PVP servers but i really think its move more towards the "its all about me" rather than "for the realm" sort of gaming i understand why peeps are up for this but it puzzles as most peeps comments about its good because we have low pop ect dont roll out accross the game you across the sea to the us server they dont have the server number problem, im sure it will make rvr busyer but not sure if its not just another nail in the coffin.

if i wanted insta mls etc i would be playing on the insta 50 shard for free but hey its a game and i still keep playing no doubt

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie

how is it easymode for a newly leveled toon to 50 to gain the 30k+ BP needed for artis and ML1 - 10?
Not quite.

This is probably a trick to get old people to come back to the game, people who RvR'ed and quit before ToA who has alot of BP laying about.

In its current state, this idea is great.
Though im dreading what the next step will be.

8 to 12 hours to 50
2 days to ml10
1 day to artie credits
5hours to arties lvl10

already ahve all another items ready for template

so just up 4 days to have mauler 50 ml10 and templated, think's that quick enough for me

I wonder if you can farm said 30k BP in 4 days, including leveling to 50.

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
instead of forcing people to pve they give an option to get all the items,ml's etc in rvr, they should have had this option years ago as how many do actualy play this game for the pve?

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Well, good to see bps becoming useful, if a bit late. Now people can just zerg or catapult their way to lvl50/ml10 \o/

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
if this is true i might play my blademaster or eld. i stopped playing them cause i didnt wanna do the mls i'd prefer rvr any day over fuckin mls. but i wouldnt hold my breath! the time delay from US patching to EU patching is a farce. i reckon we wont get this for another 4 or 5 months.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
how is it easymode for a newly leveled toon to 50 to gain the 30k+ BP needed for artis and ML1 - 10?
Not quite.

This is probably a trick to get old people to come back to the game, people who RvR'ed and quit before ToA who has alot of BP laying about.

In its current state, this idea is great.
Though im dreading what the next step will be.
never thought about it like that if it drags old player back it would be great as the oldies are some of the best people
I wonder if you can farm said 30k BP in 4 days, including leveling to 50.

the 4 days is how quick i do toons ready for rvr now m8 ie pl, ml rush, artie raid artie pl
if this is true i might play my blademaster or eld. i stopped playing them cause i didnt wanna do the mls i'd prefer rvr any day over fuckin mls. but i wouldnt hold my breath! the time delay from US patching to EU patching is a farce. i reckon we wont get this for another 4 or 5 months.
it will be longer than the 4 o5 months m8 its only jusy hit pendragon, we will prob get 1.87 in that time scale and then 6 mouths after 1.88 goes live on us server it will hit euro so will anit gone see it will some time around september at a guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom