free energy for free possibly

Effendor

Fledgling Freddie
I've emailed this letter around and posted it on a few forums, You can see the results of research I've been doing in real life.

To anybody remotely interested,
I am a master of physics graduating 2000 A.D at the University of Kent at Canterbury. While I was doing an experiment in my granpas garage, to see if I could use the piezo electric effect to seperate the charge carriers in a semiconductor, I stumbled across something interesting. The idea I had failed to show any meaningful results (possibly due to poor equipment). However I left one of the piezo electric quartz blocks in my grandpas vice under pressure. My volt meter was registering 10 mV +/- 3, across the x cut faces. This voltage across the surfaces of the crystal will not deplete. I had already done this experiment at Graham Deblins precission engineers, Margate Kent England. I offered them this idea for free. Unfortunately Graham Deblins precission engineers has gone bankrupt and no longer exists. The experiment consists of short circuiting the x cut faces, so the voltage across the crystal becomes 0 volts. Then without changing the pressure the crystal is under, removing the short circuit. to my suprise the voltage across the x cut faces returned to 10mV +/- 3. As a matter of fact I can safely say that unless my voltmeter is giving me seriously eronious readings that you can short circuit the x cut faces an infinite number of times with the voltage returning on removal of the short circuit. If my voltmeter is not lying to me, and the experiment can be scaled up ( which it probably can't seeing as perpetual motion machines can't work via the laws of physics), this could provide a new means of generating vast quantitees of electricity. Forgive me if this is old news, or horribly flawed, I just can't find any information about it anywhere.
Yours faithfully
Mr D.R.Gillan (Mphys)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
wtf does this mean I am going to die in my sleep tonight?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
if thats not a fake then im shocked no one has jumped at the chance of persuing it further did the university not pick up on this and explain it or research it more?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
right im no master of doodah but i can think logically.

the fact you have to apply an electric current in the first place SURELY means you arnt getting the energy for free.

the electric current had to come from somewhere to start with.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hmm as i read it (and im definately no master of doo dah) you only needed to charge it once and the same came back repeatedly afterwards?

or did i just make a total arse out of myself and show what an ignorant little bastard i am?

tris-

now i read it again and it makes sense.

the quartz crystal is under pressure.

suddenly for some reason you check it with a voltometer and see it reads 10mV +/- 3.

one question i have is why you suddenly checked for an electrical current?

if what you say is accurate then its very intruiging. not really useable at this time but intruiging none the less.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds like a capacitor, but how long does the voltage across it last?

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
or did i just make a total arse out of myself and show what an ignorant little bastard i am?

Bet'cha Im more of an ignorant and even smaller bastard! <puts on tinfoil hat with - your dad, can beat my dad - writing on it>

:touch:

/Dracus

UrganNagru

Fledgling Freddie
Not that suprising you get some voltage as when you strike a quartz crystal with a hammer you can get a mommentary glow or spark. Tried googling it but didn't has much luck find any reasons why but I'd imagine its due to energy being released due to you slightly changing the crystaline structure of the quartz when you out it under pressure.
Nice find but doubt the voltage will scale directky with the size of the crystal and the pressure exerted but theres only one way to find out :)

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds nice, however..

Any ACTION is followed by a REACTION. So, it has a downside.
Secondly, energy never dissapears. It can become another form, but it never will go away.

To be short: You cannot create energy out of nowhere. It may stay stored, but it won't auto refill itself.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
how long would it store for though i mean it could be really useful if it would store for long periods wouldn't it?

Ardas Nails

OT Photoshop King
Any ACTION is followed by a REACTION. So, it has a downside.
Secondly, energy never dissapears. It can become another form, but it never will go away.

To be short: You cannot create energy out of nowhere. It may stay stored, but it won't auto refill itself.

you know, I don't think he knew that! :D

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, the potential in a piezo-crystal is created by a shift of the crystal layers. Like when you hit it with a hammer or something. You find these crystals in electric lighters and they are tiny, yet quite powerful. (Those in the lighters discharge a few thousand volts.)

If that mail is true my attempt to explain would be this: Ofcourse, like somebody said already in this thread, to "create" energy you need to invest energy. However he's talking about a crystal under constant pressure. I'd think if you put a weight onto of the crystal a constant force (the gravitational pull) and hence energy is applied. This could cause the crystal layeres to shift on a very small scale. They will only shift so much to meet the gravitational pull with a counterforce created by the electromagnetical field in the crystal.
The nature of the crystal however is that you can tap that energy and discharge the crystal. After that the crystal grid would again shift just a little to adapt to the weight of whatever is ontop of it.

But I think each time you discharge it the crystal gives in a tiny bit and in the end it will be flattened by the weight ontop of it hence only allowing to tap energy equivalent to the potential energy stored in the thing you put ontop of the crystal. That energy however you had to invest 1st because you had to put it there.

There is a way thou to tap potential energy without having to invest it 1st: Tidal powerplants and dams.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
TeH crystals!!!! The energy is in the crystalz of d00m!!!!111

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Cant we just get Gamah to sit on the crystal with his lardy ass? would be more than enough pressure...

tris-

Jeriraa said:
However he's talking about a crystal under constant pressure. I'd think if you put a weight onto of the crystal a constant force (the gravitational pull) and hence energy is applied. This could cause the crystal layeres to shift on a very small scale.

thats all well and good. but to be able to create some useable electricity first we need a massive crystal.

then we need to shift that crystal. and then somehow get a massive weight on top of it.

ok, for all 3 of the things required we already need a source of energy. i guess that would diesel. so infact we are using energy to create energy.

so its not free in the sense it costs nothing. but it can maybe outlast any sources of energy we currently have. but it may take the rest of those resources to make this happen. therfore did we really gain anything?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Ardas Nails said:
Any ACTION is followed by a REACTION.

and a pikeyreaxion, is quite a fucking thing!!!11

what about dags! anyone want to talk about dags? :D <sells pegs>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom