Free Broadband?

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
It looks like The Carphone Warehouse are set to offer free broadband to customers who signup to their TalkTalk phone service. This comes on top of BSkyB's announcement offering broadband connections from this autumn.

BSkyB is also predicted to offer a number of low-cost deals, and it and Carphone Warehouse's move into the market is expected to start a price war.

Source: BBC News

Draylor

Part of the furniture
I expected to see a 1gig/month usage limit on this or something equally crazy: but its not that bad: 40gig/month "subject to a fair usage policy" according to their website.

We had the flood of free dialup ISPs if you were willing to switch phone companies years ago, but I never expected the same thing to happen with DSL.

The more I look at the details the less I can see how the they can make money doing this. It ends up being 21 quid/month for their telephone+broadband service - including all local/national/selected international call charges. No sign of a 'for X months only' either: they are advertising it as 'forever'.

Either Im still asleep and missing the obvious or ...

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
If internet phone calling takes off there will be a lesser need for the old telephone. I guess this is a strategy for what is going to happen in a few years time. I.e. offer broadband and customers will use them to make net calls?

Just my 2pence worth :)

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
I would rather stick with BT than risk switching. I've had NO problems with the 3 years I've been with them. More than likely this plan will collapse and people will be left wondering why they ever changed.

Also my 2pence ;)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
I picked up the CD on Sat and still struggling to see the catches.

gonna mail them tonight with some Q's around website and the speed from my local xchange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom