free 10 days...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning

10 day come back to WAR thingie in your email if you're an ex-subscriber.

Worth giving it a go if you've not been on for a while, I'd say.

T4 balance is still a bit bobbins ;) but LotD is a fun distraction (IMO), T3 experience has been made less of a brick wall and the UI is a bit nicer.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Might give it a try for the sake of it, even tho nothing near what's needed is being made till now for the game.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
pssssh my sub ran out just after the end of may. No interest from me then.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Arrived on the same day Funcom sent me a mail with 2 free weeks of AoC play :)

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Indeed it did :)

Btw have to say that the WAR patcher is still very poor. Keeps crashing continuously and the patching is slow.

BigE

One of Freddy's beloved
free might be worth ago.. but subs ended a couple of weeks ago.. I'm not renewing. end game has ended it for me.. might come back when they think of something better.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Never had any problems with it?

Lucky you. To me it was not the best welcome possible :p

Anyway, played some this morning and the culture shock after 6 months of LotRO was horrible. I guess I'll have to just endure the horrible and laggy graphics for a while.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I suppose now is as good a time as any to offer this, stability is good at the moment and it's a decent enough time to try and tempt players back.

Maybe they could've done with waiting until the T4 city siege improvements come along, as anyone who takes part in that will probably end up wondering why they bothered to renew when that part of the game still doesn't work well enough. However I guess they're desperate for people to come back to increase the subscriber figures.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I suppose now is as good a time as any to offer this, stability is good at the moment and it's a decent enough time to try and tempt players back.

Maybe they could've done with waiting until the T4 city siege improvements come along, as anyone who takes part in that will probably end up wondering why they bothered to renew when that part of the game still doesn't work well enough. However I guess they're desperate for people to come back to increase the subscriber figures.

Yup - stability is good as everyone left...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
patcher was hammered yesterday which is bad but also a good sign if lots of people are trying the 10 day trial...

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Too little too late for me tbh, only played 5 minutes again on the US servers (DAoC) and don't regret the decision to let the subs lapse soon. Haven't logged on in days now which speaks volumes i think.

So much more depth to the PvP than running around in a zerg getting insta-kd/disable from 65 feet then being dead before up again...

Pity tbh as WAR has so much potential - it just feels like they haven't really developed it from the Beta yet - so many of the things we said 12 months needed fixing before release are still broken, and the fact that the client can't handle even close to the same level of mass-PvP action as a game with an 8 year old engine is just plain pathetic.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
patcher was hammered yesterday which is bad but also a good sign if lots of people are trying the 10 day trial...

Do you really thing that LOtD will be nuff dust in the eyes to make em resub? ^^

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Had immense fun in T1 scenarios with a Choppa yesterday. Shame it decreases some what in later tiers (atleast it did last time I played).

Sucks though that there is an annoying delay in all the NPC interactions, combat skills and such. Don't remember having it this bad last time I played.

Anyone else on K8P suffering this?

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
...but came back to the forums to post about it anyway :D

I'm lurking on the forums practically every day since DAoC anyway..... never know - something interesting might happen. So I didn't "came back" to the forums. I never left :p

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'm lurking on the forums practically every day since DAoC anyway..... never know - something interesting might happen. So I didn't "came back" to the forums. I never left :p

Fair enough :)

Only game I'm keeping an eye on actively is Jumpgate Evolution. Everything else is either too far off or generic fantasy/sci-fi dullness from what I can see.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Funcom seems to be even more desperate getting people back with the free lvl 50 char thought.

I didn't notice the lvl50 bit.
Still have 2 lvl80 DT's, which I hear finally got some lovins.

Dunno if I will play mind you.

I'm actually trying to write a little MMO of my own using the darkstar server and the android and iPhone SDKs.
The quality of gameplay on so called mmo's on the new mobile devices is fucking atrocious if you will parden my french. So I figured I could do better myself.

Larossa

Fledgling Freddie
I came back for the free trial thingy and while I was pleased that they got rid of all the dead mounts that used to be cluttering up the place after a keep-take, I was not impressed with the dodgy friends system which informed me that a friend was off-line when he was standing next to me :(
A few friends have complained about the lag but I did not really notice any (are maguses immune??). I had a quite fun time running around solo and assisting in a few kills and naturally getting killed myself although I have to say that the destro healers are quite generous in healing and rezzing out of group/warband.

I have dabbled with a few MMO's since leaving Warhammer just previous to the migration from Hirn to Norn but while it is not the prettiest and certainly not the most polished it still has a certain charm and I will be using my free period up but avoiding the fortresses which I believe still have the stupidly evil lag issues.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Funcom seems to be even more desperate getting people back with the free lvl 50 char thought.

but its only 1 per account so its not that desperate. and if u mess up they aint fixing it for you :)

i'd say Mythics /lvl 20 in daoc is more desperate ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I didn't notice the lvl50 bit.
Still have 2 lvl80 DT's, which I hear finally got some lovins.

Dunno if I will play mind you.

I'm actually trying to write a little MMO of my own using the darkstar server and the android and iPhone SDKs.
The quality of gameplay on so called mmo's on the new mobile devices is fucking atrocious if you will parden my french. So I figured I could do better myself.

lol.... mmo's on a cellphone. how sad :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Had immense fun in T1 scenarios with a Choppa yesterday. Shame it decreases some what in later tiers (atleast it did last time I played).

Sucks though that there is an annoying delay in all the NPC interactions, combat skills and such. Don't remember having it this bad last time I played.

Anyone else on K8P suffering this?

I suffered from this terribly last night, I suspect it's something that has came about after them fixing certain other things.

Talsar

Albion Legend
Is Warhammer dead?

I am unsure what avenue to take on ym next venture, wait for STO - playing console, return to warhammer with a bonus 10 free days? Been reading alot of threads that seem to suggest the game is almost as dead as DAOC EU!?!

Surely this cannot be true?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Warhammer in Europe is far from dead. There are only a few English servers remaining and of them only 2 enjoy decent balance (admittedly going by forum posting rather than direct experience except on the one I play).

If you've got the 10 day free thing, give it a go. Find something to do while it applies a lot of updates and get ready for some fun. However, depending what class you played previously, you may be in for a shock because the class nerf-boost-nerf cycle has been especially brutal compared to most games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom