FreddysHouse selling email addresses?

sko

Loyal Freddie
After signing up at Freddys House I've been starting to recieve spam? What the fuck is this?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well out of the many people signed up here you are the first to complain of this. I used my main mail addy to subscribe and never recieve spam via it.

Have you considered that you are just not careful enough handing out your mail address.

Will

/bin/su
I use a different email address for every sign-up, and I haven't had any back from here.

Sar

Part of the furniture
I used my priv addy here, and no spam mail.

Don't think Deebs etc would be in the habit of giving out our mail addys for any reason.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I had no email for the last 3 or 4 days, of any type whatsoever.

I was feeling worried and unloved.

Then I got email this morning, but not spam.

I don't think it's from here, and I'm pretty damn sure that Deebs would be the first to say that the selling of email addresses is wrong, plain wrong dammit!!!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Deebs would probably run a mile to avoid the corporate entanglement a venture like that would involve. This is most definitely a No Suits Zone ...

(except Deebs' special nurse outfit :wij: )

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Chances are that a spambot harvested it. As has been implied, there'd be snowballs in hell before the Freddyshouse admins did something as cynical as selling email addresses.

Be careful where you publish your address, end of.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I will never release your email address.

Your email address is even hidden from the forums. People can send you an email via the forums but they can never get your real address.

If it came via the forums it will be from nobody@teczone.net - feel free to reply to that as it is a black hole email address :p

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jupitus said:
Deebs would probably run a mile to avoid the corporate entanglement a venture like that would involve. This is most definitely a No Suits Zone ...

(except Deebs' special nurse outfit :wij: )

Shush! Don't give out all my secrets just yet

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Its probably a coincidence. Perhaps somebody you know, who you have emailed in the past, has been infected, and their contacts trojaned to a spam site.

Will

/bin/su
Or your email address is easily obtainable via your website. You might want to put the phrase _REMOVE_ME_ in the middle of it to stop spambots harvesting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom