Freddyshouse - Offical unoffical Warhammer Europe forum?

Gamah

Banned
Reckon it will be? If I reckon GOA should pay money towards it, because FH willl fall over with the amount of traffic it will recieve.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Gamah said:
Reckon it will be? If I reckon GOA should pay money towards it, because FH willl fall over with the amount of traffic it will recieve.

wo00ttt flim is gonne be rich!! xD

Tilda

Its under discussion. The current goa plan is that there will be a dedicated communication team with a presence on most major forum (naturally this is all subject to change).

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
I guess it will come down to where 'most' WAR fans start out, I mean there will be quite a few well established websites going by the time of release.

FH will be the natural choice for most DAOC players, but we will be in the minority in the population numbers, other websites will attract much higher numbers of traffic unless something changes.

This WAR forum is an indication I guess not many post here, yet goto WARhammeralliance and you have probably a many 100's already posting and a few 1000 reading easy and thats just one of the regular forums.

Time will tell, but more than one forum is a great idea, as unfortunately DAOC euro has had FH only really for excal and look what a mess its turned into, the very loud minority pushing for and getting a style of play thats against the game itself and in the process bringing about its early demise.(might seem over dramatic but just go read the whingefest that is the RVR forum on excal/pryd)

Eble

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Hard to have a centralise forum for EU when it's gotta be in English.

Probably make more sense for them to host their own officlal, multi-lingual forum then have this as the unofficial English language server forum with a link also, like atm.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Depends on how many English servers there will be I guess. If the old DAOC players tend to one server then it should be easy to keep a Warhammer forum active. If we disipate between 10-20 servers like we did for WoW then I guess it will end up the same way as the WoW forums on FH .. pretty inactive.

Would be nice to have a unoffical old DAOC players server though.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Think the majority of us posting anywhere about Warhammer are doing it on the Warhammer Alliance forums, there's a few names over there I've recognised from the FH boards at least.

So, I think on this occasion, Freddys is unlikely to become the unofficial official Warhammer Europe forum.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
i can only see fh being the unofficial whinge forums of war :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
i can only see fh being the unofficial whinge forums of war :)

Well...yes and no really.

FH rules on posting are not as strict as a lot of other forums. While this will often mean a fair bit of crap, it also opens the door to some valuable, very frank and uncensored discussions about real issues that would never be allowed on some forums.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think the Freddyshouse WAR forum should be pretty good as theres a LOT of MMO experience here - other forums will get more of the brand new to mmo's players but here we can discuss pvp and game balance/design rather than how to kill that level 2 rat.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I really can't see FH doing the same for WAR.

I mean if WAR is going to be anywhere near on par woth WoW i really don't think they can out scource something as key their forums. I mean part of the reason WoW is so successful is its user friendly/accessible nature and to compete the forums have to be clear and obviously a part of the main site and well regulated by atleast semi-professionals.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
pez said:
I really can't see FH doing the same for WAR.

I mean if WAR is going to be anywhere near on par woth WoW i really don't think they can out scource something as key their forums. I mean part of the reason WoW is so successful is its user friendly/accessible nature and to compete the forums have to be clear and obviously a part of the main site and well regulated by atleast semi-professionals.

Absolutely corrrect. Whilst I currently have no intentions of playing Warhammer, I've kind of aghast at how slow they are at getting some European community forums going. These are going to be a huge part of the game, integral to the community. It's the usual sluggishness though, isn't it? :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Cant they just do what WoW did and release a forum linked to their database?

Would save all that bollocks of "where's the patch info" when there would be a dedicated section for it. Also Requiel would not have to keep hammering his "check http://something_or_other_goa.com" macro's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom