Freddyshouse info: What do you do for a living.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just out of interest that peeked on a lower thread there, what's your job and education?

Game designer here with only what i've learned myself. 5 years in the business.

Will

/bin/su
Call centre monkey - I don't want to think about how long. Though I should get a nice redundancy package at some point this year, fingers crossed.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Business Systems Analyst - 16 years in the IT business

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I flog car parts. Well, I am the assistant manager of a Motor Factors.
Before that I worked in retail flogging car parts for Halfords, with a stint in their garages for a couple of years before they sold them to the AA.

Before that a whole heap of jobs that paid cash in hand, mainly through the winters, then just pissing about in boats for the summers.

Education wise I never did as much as I should. I have 10 GCSE's and 4 A-Levels, but really ran out of interest in learning.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Degree in Physics & Business
Chartered Accountant for 5 years. Ooh such fun :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Reader of internet and waiting to eat sausagemeat-rolled-into-balls-that-are-in-the-oven-cooking-now

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
IT Consultant been doing it for 7 years... but hoping for a change of direction soon.

Education - Degree in Software Engineering

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
IT Support for a small firm, doing it for around 2 years now. Enjoy it most of the time.

Got AS and A levels in Business and IT.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Currently studying BA English Language with Media Studies, just finishing 1st year.
2 years computers games industry experience (QA, developer and publishers studios).

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Uni student past 2 years, alongside being a roadie,lampy,sound engineer,crew type people.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
<Wazzerphuk> you only need to go to uni if you can't face up to living in the real world when you're young - I.e. you're a scared avoidant pussy

You've changed :(

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Job:

Analyst / Programmer in IT for a large financial institution for two years (post uni job, i'm only 24)

Education:

HND - Computing: Support,
Degree - Computing: Multimedia Technology

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I put numbers into a computer all day. It's very interesting. Sometimes I even make tea for people. Temping's fun.

Someone suggest a serious job for me pls, all the ones I've been looking at look reaaaaaally boring. I have a Business degree so wanna be running tings as well. I've already considered being a drug dealer, but that's illegal so no.

moomin

Fledgling Freddie
Unemployed Comp Scienece graduate (only just passed driving test).

Looking for job, been messing around with lua and directx in my spare time

http://longitudeuk.tripod.com/mx2.jpg

^^ you need to paste into browser or it won;t work

fully lua scripted widgets, working on levels atm

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Computer Science student on placement year, enduring the horrors of Java servlets.
Done some external web development for my flatmate too, mostly XHTML, CSS and PHP stuff.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
3rd year Computation student at the Umist of Manchester (errr). Currently working a placement year at Fujitsu Siemens Computers, working for their internal development team ("internal" translates to "no one knows we exist", btw).

We make NET Windows applications in .NET for web content and document management, plus maintain a gigantic system to generate multinational, multilingual web sites. It's rather good, actually. We also spend an unbalanced amount of time cursing Microsoft SharePoint (which is so far removed from 'rather good' words can't do enough).

Back at Uni in September, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom