FreddysHouse guild

mikasaka

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't mind joining :D

There's nothing more dull than playing an MMO, solo...

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Only been here for a while but would love to be involved, reckon we could get awesome rivalry.

Personally I would rather play order (underdogs and all that)

Would also be cool to have two guilds, one for each side, each wittily reflecting each other in name (not creative enough for that...) so we can build some nice rivalry/ have Freddyshouse being masters of both side sof a server :D

Oh, would recommend Core ruleset, offers more pros and less cons than open cos it allows you to come back and explore areas that would be off limits in open.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Worshippers of the FH CoC

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
a meeting could be called a CoC fest! or would that be pushing it?

Dudds

Fledgling Freddie
Just got accepted for a beta key from you all so will definitely be joining you in beta, if that's still alright?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I'd be interested in joining. Then we can do PQs and RvR together. :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
How about 'Defenders of Wij' :p

That is.. Actually rather good. :D

Gets my vote, although what should are we supposed to say when someone asks who CoC stands for?

Ah... The story of the CoC... Some say it's a magical thing found in the amazon, some say it's the code of conduct, some say... it is what deebs uses when he bans people..

a meeting could be called a CoC fest! or would that be pushing it?

*Snorts* loool XD

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
I'm up for it, but I'd definitely prefer destruction, as Gork and Mork command me to serve them!

rynnor

Rockhound
I'd be interested in joining. Then we can do PQs and RvR together. :)

Aye - I'm tempted to level purely through rvr - slightly slower tis said but obviously your gaining RR and its fun :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
PQs are awesome. Scenarios aswell. There's just so many PQs to go around and some are quite challenging. Open world RvR can be fun at times but might be clusterfests, we'll see. :)
So basically, Order or Chaos? Poll time?

Everz

FH is my second home
Aye - I'm tempted to level purely through rvr - slightly slower tis said but obviously your gaining RR and its fun :)

Leveling through RvR is the only way to do it imo, this is no korean grind mmo :drink:

Ayam Ganbatte

Fledgling Freddie
If it resembled the Barrysworld of old, it'd be a flamefest, so might as well create a Bright Wizard-only guild.

Just kidding, good luck chaps if you do form this, sounds fun.

Jorge Regula

Fledgling Freddie
Lost contact with everyone I used to play DAoC with so I'm in, if welcome!

Destruction :england: Want to play a Shaman/DoK myself.

As for the guild name, how about FreddysHorde?

Only a couple of letters changed, sounds a little more "guildy", but has obvious negative WoW connotation.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I have my minions to whip already but might fling an alt into an FH guild :)

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
sounds a hoot! if the guild goes order ill join :)
and i guess u could also just call the guild CoC Fest.. ? - not stealin Tdc's ideazors!
(oh dear the mmo slang is already back :()

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I know I've only been knocking about for a grand total of 4 hours (give or take a few) but I'd be interested in joining too, if you'll have me of course. Sexual favours will be available if needs be.

do you have a dick or boobs ?

:p

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
So who wants to be in a FreddysHouse guild?

I am up for it along with TdC (I think) and few others. Now I no nothing about the guild management side of things so is anyone willing to take the reigns and run with it?

I am also guessing that we need to be on the same side so which is the best to be?

You can't run a guild like this. In the past MMORPGs were difficult to understand and starting off had a very steep learning curve so being in a guild who could help you out was often essential. This is not the case anymore and if you use a guild as just an extended version of a friends list you will miss out on alot of what guilds have to offer.

You need to decide on what aims you have for the guild and then you can ask people to help if they have similar goals. You wouldn't post a thread in tech discussion just saying: "can somebody give me advice on a new computer?". People would want to know what you want it for, how much money you could spend, etc.

So lets go through what you have so far:

Name:
Undecided currently although something related to Freddyshouse or Bacon. Are you looking for suggestions?

Realm / Server:
Undecided currently. You could possibly go Order on server X and Destruction on Y? If you want to pick just one side initially, you know they are both quite balanced in terms of abilities. Destruction seems to be the more popular choice amongst casual players.

Core/Open/RP:
I would suggest go core, it will be by far the most popular.

Guild Demographic:
Casual players who use FH? Will you make a special (secret?) guild forum? Will there be any restrictions to who can join? (ie will you let 12 year olds join or will they have to show some maturity?) Its nice to be inclusive but some people just won't work together and there is no point in getting people to join a guild if they are never online at the same time as most.

Guild aims:
You need to decide on some aims. They don't have to be big or challenging and they can change over time. You will enjoy playing a game with people who share similar aims.

Guild Structure:
You are the boss, you can get advice from others but you need to make the decisions, otherwise it won't be your guild and will quickly fall apart. You will have Open beta to mess around with the settings and they are quite intuitive. There are some more complicated aspects such as the guild banner which will feature in RvR but that is not something that needs to be sorted immediately and you can therefore leave decisions about that until you know who more about whats going on.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Sure you can.

We did the same in AOC with a guild called Freddys Horde. It was quite popular aswell, with about 100-120ish members (and alts). We also collectively managed to get a Tier 1 city up and running before myself and alot of other members quit. :(

In the end it was much like a chatroom, since there mostly was group content at level 80. But we helped eachother out with quests that needed it. I had many a grindfest with Ezcencia (taB) and a few more members that were higher level in the end.

Important bit for many was a place to socialize and ask for help in.

Let's get this done as FH can surely support a decent memberbase for a guild to help eachother out. Nothing is more boring than running around in a MMO world without having people to chat and play with. :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok,

Perhaps I didn't make myself that clear. I have never been what you would call a HardCore MMO'er. So I would be looking for a relaxed type atmosphere where you are not penalised for not being online every night etc.

I understand your points but I just don't have the time to run something like that but I can certainly host and provide services like TeamSpeak, private areas, hosting seperate forums etc.

jonrossi

Fledgling Freddie
i for one will not be joining your guild, not me, i dont think i will be joining.

:kissit:

taB

Part of the furniture
While a competative guild would need those things Cadelin many members of FH seem to be the more relaxed type :drink:

Personally it's the multiplayer aspect of an MMO that interests me. The opportunity to play and shoot the shit with a bunch of people who don't take themselves very seriously. It's probably why I'm never any good and LordjOX nanny'd me around AoC! :ninja:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
While a competative guild would need those things Cadelin many members of FH seem to be the more relaxed type :drink:

Personally it's the multiplayer aspect of an MMO that interests me. The opportunity to play and shoot the shit with a bunch of people who don't take themselves very seriously. It's probably why I'm never any good and LordjOX nanny'd me around AoC! :ninja:

Very true. I want to come home from work and piss about in a world where I can forget most of my responsibilities in the real world with some friends.

I have to be entirely serious at work (most of the time) and want to relax when out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom