FreddysHouse guild

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Could the name be CoC Violators?

Its only 9.40, I cant sit in work all day :(

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
This is not the case anymore and if you use a guild as just an extended version of a friends list you will miss out on alot of what guilds have to offer.

You can run guilds exactly like this if it's what the players in the guild want. Different types of guild suit different types of player and for many the social side of the mmo world is more important than having goals and objectives and turning guild life into something close to a second job.

Some games do force you into a particular type of guild structure (AoC for one rewarded guild size) and in those games you would as you say miss out on things but there is nothing I've seen in WAR that you would miss out on in that way.

Not that either way is wrong - they just offer different experiences to different types of player.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'd rather just be in a chilled out guild to be honest i have been in L33T guilds and well they aren't fun to be honest.

I just look back at DAOC and look at the L33T guilds there and some of players they had.

I still remember some dick from Celtic Fist demand that we move from a exping spot so his group could EXP, and when i asked him why we should move his words were:

I'm in Celtic Fist.

Never liked that guild from then on.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
In DAOC on both sides of the big puddle have always been in guilds that have a relaxed attitude to the game and will be joining them again in WAR.

Though subject to server limitations, I'd be happy to have an alt or 2 in this guild if i can :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
While a competative guild would need those things Cadelin many members of FH seem to be the more relaxed type :drink:

Personally it's the multiplayer aspect of an MMO that interests me. The opportunity to play and shoot the shit with a bunch of people who don't take themselves very seriously. It's probably why I'm never any good and LordjOX nanny'd me around AoC! :ninja:

Well someone had to keep you alive, else you wouldn't have had all those hearts as yum-yum. :p

Oh and btw: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/war...shouse-guild-order-destruction-open-beta.html

Uara

Part of the furniture
count me in!!!! i dont care which side were on!

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldnt mind knowing there is a community there for me to help me through the first few hurdles - so count me in. I can help a little if I know whats wanted.

Longbow

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be up for it in beta. Dunno about retail though I'll have to see.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
We did the same in AOC with a guild called Freddys Horde. It was quite popular aswell, with about 100-120ish members (and alts). We also collectively managed to get a Tier 1 city up and running before myself and alot of other members quit. :(

In the end it was much like a chatroom, since there mostly was group content at level 80. But we helped eachother out with quests that needed it. I had many a grindfest with Ezcencia (taB) and a few more members that were higher level in the end.

Important bit for many was a place to socialize and ask for help in.

Let's get this done as FH can surely support a decent memberbase for a guild to help eachother out. Nothing is more boring than running around in a MMO world without having people to chat and play with. :)

This is half my point. The FH guild in AoC didn't last long. Now you can argue as much as you like that AoC was crap but there are lots of crap games that people keep playing because of who they enjoy playing with. You also say that in the end it ended up like a large chat group. In WAR it will be possible to just have a FH chat group OR rather than make a guild you could make a FH alliance?

Ok,

Perhaps I didn't make myself that clear. I have never been what you would call a HardCore MMO'er. So I would be looking for a relaxed type atmosphere where you are not penalised for not being online every night etc.

I understand your points but I just don't have the time to run something like that but I can certainly host and provide services like TeamSpeak, private areas, hosting seperate forums etc.

I wasn't assuming you were a hardcore gamer. The point is your definition of messing around and enjoying yourself could be very different from somebody else even though you play a similar amount of time.

I also noticed the fact that you have put in alot of effort already for WAR. You are moderating the forums, IainC/Magnus post here, you are able to give away beta keys. Look how many people have signed up recently to the forum because of the beta key give away, if you let them all join your guild you are going to need some guidelines.

In the same way you have to forum rules you have to have ingame rules. Nothing will ruin your enjoyment of a game faster than logging in and finding people arguing in guild. What happens if some people in your guild have been griefing or acting like arses to other guilds? You don't want to find that you can't get a group because you are in "That FH guild" which is full of wankers.

I don't think you really want to run a large guild. However you may well be in a great position to run an alliance. Make a small guild with your friends to do what you like. Make an alliance to invite a broad range of guilds, this will have a chat channel where people can talk and provide help for others. You can provide the forums to organise large scale guild events. You can provide the TS servers if there happens to be a 40+ man zerg fight. You don't have the responsibility of looking after a 200 man guild full of people you don't know.

Hendrikxs

Fledgling Freddie
if its possible i would join ! i´d love to play destruction ( a 2-side-guild would be awesome!) so i would play on uk (?) servers as a german if its possible :)

pez

Can't get enough of FH
If I wanted to join a 'proper guild' which I probably will as well, it wouldn't be Freddyshouse.

Just like when I want to post on a proper forum I go elsewhere xD

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If I wanted to join a 'proper guild' which I probably will as well, it wouldn't be Freddyshouse.

Just like when I want to post on a proper forum I go elsewhere xD

Pretty harsh but then I guess at least we know you are honest.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
It was a joke! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Except for the whole hardcore guild thing. If i wanted a hardcore guild I Would go look for one, I wouldn't try and turn FH guild in to one.

iziz

Loyal Freddie
waaagh.jpg

Our bunny overlords have commanded that I go destruction as thumping things for no other reason than "I want to" is apparently awesome. :twak:

If the FH guild decides to turn to the side of chaos I'd be more than happy to join you!

Everz

FH is my second home
It was a joke! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Except for the whole hardcore guild thing. If i wanted a hardcore guild I Would go look for one, I wouldn't try and turn FH guild in to one.

Hardcore guilds are overrated and hardly any fun at all, where the demands of game>irl are pathetic in my opinion.

Best time of DAoC was when i was with AoP for all them years, relaxed, funny with good peeps most the time.. if only i could find them all and drag them to WAR :(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
a meeting could be called a CoC fest! or would that be pushing it?
Not as much as if it were called "Children of the CoC" that's pushing it.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
bearers of the rod of justice!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Not as much as if it were called "Children of the CoC" that's pushing it.

bearers of the rod of justice!

Children who bear the CoC of justice? :( *Shudder*

Iziz: That image is bizarre.

@Others: Casual guild/hardcore guild what ever. A place to talk with mates and piss around in PvE/RvR is good enough tbh.

Solid1978

Fledgling Freddie
@Others: Casual guild/hardcore guild what ever. A place to talk with mates and piss around in PvE/RvR is good enough tbh.

Exactly, count me in (and my sisters son too). I'll be posting out nicks as soon as we can bloody register to the EU site, wich gonna take all day I assume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom