FreddysHouse Guild

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
FreddysHouse Interested Roster
FH handle - preferred server type (PVE / PVP / RP-PVP)

• Aoami - PVE
  • BloodOmen - PVE
  • Dudley52 - RP-PVP
  • ECA - PVP (preferred) or RP-PVP
  • Fafnir - PVE
  • fettoken - PVE
  • Levin - PVE or RP-PVP
  • LordjOX - RP-PVP or PVE
  • old.tohtori - RP-PVP
  • tAB - RP-PVP / majority
    [*]Vasconcelos - PVE

:fluffle:

rynnor

Rockhound
RP-PVP preferred but will go wherever :p

I'll probably play a carebear healing priest...

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
ooh this looks interesting, depending of course on how good or not AOC is , pencil me in :D

will defo give it a poke, server type i could care less about:)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I'll keep updated member list / interested list here:

• Aoami - PVE
  • BloodOmen - PVE
  • Dudley52 - RP-PVP
  • Fafnir - PVE
  • fettoken - PVE
  • Levin - PVE or RP-PVP
  • Mabs - majority
  • old.tohtori - RP-PVP
  • rynnor - RP-PVP / majority

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
chipper any type of pvp server aint fussed go where the masses go

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

• Aoami - PVE
  • BloodOmen - PVE
  • Dudley52 - RP-PVP
  • Fafnir - PVE
  • fettoken - PVE
  • Levin - PVE or RP-PVP
  • Mabs - majority
  • old.tohtori - RP-PVP

The guild grows :D

Starman

Part of the furniture
I'm interested and don't really mind which server type.

MyTea

Fledgling Freddie
I would generally PvP most of the time and since I'm a social player, I'd like to join too.

My preffered type of server is the RP-PvP one, but I'm not too fussy about it.

As long as the guild allows for casual play, you can count on me...

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
The thing is, I think it will be hard for casual players on any of the PvP servers. Just remember what things were like on Camlann. And remember there is frontier PvP on the PvE server too!

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
nothin stoppin ya goin on a carebear server levin :) dunno what it is about pvp servers that strikes fear into the hearts of ppl just because someone can kill you doesnt mean they will more often than not you end up circling each other and goin on ya merry way quite simply youll get griefers on any server type in 1 form or another

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
The thing is, I think it will be hard for casual players on any of the PvP servers. Just remember what things were like on Camlann. And remember there is frontier PvP on the PvE server too!

It can be annoying in the game world yeah, even on a RP-PVP server. Random gankings in dungeons and such would kind of suck gameplay wise. I think we need a thread later for a final decision on this. :)

15 players and counting.. Looking good! Btw you need 10 guild members to build a player village and (probably) create a guild.

• Aoami - PVE
  • BloodOmen - PVE
  • chipper - RP-PVP or PVP / majority
  • Dudley52 - RP-PVP
  • Fafnir - PVE
  • fettoken - PVE
  • Levin - PVE or RP-PVP
  • Mabs - majority
  • MyTea - RP-PVP / majority
  • old.tohtori - RP-PVP
  • Starman - majority

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Lordjox, could you scratch the "or RP-PvP" on my entry.. after some thought I'd rather just play on PvE. Thanks!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I've done the pve/pvp server thing before in various mmos and the "grief" you get while levelling is usually minimal but it makes for much more excitement later on when two groups are trying to kill a worldboss or both waiting at an instance entrance :)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
It's attitudes like that that makes me want to go "carebear" server. :p

wasnt attitude m8 just a solution some ppl just dont like pvp 24/7 just aint for everyone im a casual player certainly wont be competing with the big boys i just think AoC sounds alot more fun where its true pvp i think itll work well in AoC compared to wow etc.

frankly i got fed up of 2 years of wow where you had to bloody queue for it i want it on tap!

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
wasnt attitude m8 just a solution some ppl just dont like pvp 24/7 just aint for everyone im a casual player certainly wont be competing with the big boys i just think AoC sounds alot more fun where its true pvp i think itll work well in AoC compared to wow etc.

frankly i got fed up of 2 years of wow where you had to bloody queue for it i want it on tap!

Fair enough. Then I hope you won't be disappointed! I never played WoW so I guess I don't have the same perspective there. I just know I liked how things were in DaoC normal servers, and how I disliked Camlann. And since AoC PvE servers seems closest to the DaoC that I enjoyed, I would prefer those.

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Fair enough. Then I hope you won't be disappointed! I never played WoW so I guess I don't have the same perspective there. I just know I liked how things were in DaoC normal servers, and how I disliked Camlann. And since AoC PvE servers seems closest to the DaoC that I enjoyed, I would prefer those.

Can't compare the two. In DaoC you had realm vs realm, in AoC it is FFA. So a PvE server in AOC will be like playing on camlann but with normal rules and with no frontiers, but only Battlegrounds (where you do the sieging )...Closest comparison I could come up with.

It will be boring mate ;<

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Can't compare the two. In DaoC you had realm vs realm, in AoC it is FFA. So a PvE server in AOC will be like playing on camlann but with normal rules and with no frontiers, but only Battlegrounds (where you do the sieging )...Closest comparison I could come up with.

It will be boring mate ;<

I think why people dislike playing on PvP servers is that they might get ganked alot, which is the truth, Level 80s and the like camping outside instance entrances or zone entrances kind of take the piss for many.

Also boring comes from the perspective of the fella that is playing.

MyTea

Fledgling Freddie
Also boring comes from the perspective of the fella that is playing.
Indeed. One man's grief is another one's joy, so to say.
I think PvE server means there'll be more organised PvP there (I'm talking about battlefields and keeps). No random encounters though.

On PvP servers (based on my unfortunate WoW experience) there's constant notion that things may get tough any minute. This is.. Spartaa... and so on...

I'll still go with others whichever you choose.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
this is why its important to have a good guild from the get go on a pvp server so you arent on ya own and you can do the ganking :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Indeed. One man's grief is another one's joy, so to say.
I think PvE server means there'll be more organised PvP there (I'm talking about battlefields and keeps). No random encounters though.

On PvP servers (based on my unfortunate WoW experience) there's constant notion that things may get tough any minute. This is.. Spartaa... and so on...

I'll still go with others whichever you choose.

This isnt true though, I levelled a ton of chrs in wow on pvp servers and got ganked like 3 times on the way to the level cap on any character. It just isnt really around unless you

A) gank someone and harass them first
or
B) get corpse camped and decide to turn it into a mission instead of logging to a diff character.

I understand people get frustrated when they get ganked/camped while levelling and yes it can be, but it makes endgame so much more exciting and enjoyable when there is actually some risk and you're not just running somewhere to collect some loot.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
this is why its important to have a good guild from the get go on a pvp server so you arent on ya own and you can do the ganking :p

Too much hassle for the non hardcore gamers.

If i only were 5 years younger I'd go noproblem to Camlan redux, but when i come back home from 9 hours shifts, and want to relax a bit playing AoC, the last thing i want is getting pissed by a retard camper who is 20lvls above me in just 2 days.

Hence, thats why i voted PVE :)

PS: update roster

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Too much hassle for the non hardcore gamers.

If i only were 5 years younger I'd go noproblem to Camlan redux, but when i come back home from 9 hours shifts, and want to relax a bit playing AoC, the last thing i want is getting pissed by a retard camper who is 20lvls above me in just 2 days.

Hence, thats why i voted PVE :)

PS: update roster

Give this man a medal! :D I couldn't agree more with this.

I work long days too and when I get home I want to be able to play and enjoy at my own leisure and yes PvP when I feel in the mood for that too. I don't want to zone into a dungeon/quest instance only to find myself dead once the game is loaded. I don't want to compete with the l33t-crowd who think everyone who isn't "as good as them" should put up with getting ganked over and over or go play something else. I'll go play something else, namely the PvE server, from the start instead! :D

MyTea

Fledgling Freddie
@ ECA
Heh, when I wrote: "unfortunate WoW experience" I rather meant my disappointment with the quality of high-end PvP content... (Arena etc.)
I liked the thrill of being constantly under threat of unexpected fight.
I was ganked and defeated in fair fight for countless times while levelling and never complained.
I perceive PvP as a challenge for me, not a chance to let loose my primal instincts and go into a killing frenzy. ;)
Hope to find similar opinions here...

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Oops, sorry Tenta.

I gotta agree abit with chipper though, that's what guilds are for. MMORPGs are social games and we all help eachother out.

Although for people with day / shift jobs I can see why it's frustrating to log in, maybe get ganked and log off frustrated, But then again there is little thrill while playing.

My hope is that the RP-PVP server will remedy some of this, with players respecting eachother in roleplay manner much more than just kill on sight. But keep on bringing on thoughts and hopefully people will not be rejecting a server type totally. :)

• Aoami - PVE
  • BloodOmen - PVE
  • chipper - RP-PVP or PVP / majority
  • Dudley52 - RP-PVP
  • Fafnir - PVE
  • fettoken - PVE
  • Levin - PVE
  • Mabs - majority
  • MyTea - RP-PVP / majority
  • old.tohtori - RP-PVP
  • Starman - majority
  • Vasconcelos - PVE

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
Give this man a medal! :D I couldn't agree more with this.

I work long days too and when I get home I want to be able to play and enjoy at my own leisure and yes PvP when I feel in the mood for that too. I don't want to zone into a dungeon/quest instance only to find myself dead once the game is loaded. I don't want to compete with the l33t-crowd who think everyone who isn't "as good as them" should put up with getting ganked over and over or go play something else. I'll go play something else, namely the PvE server, from the start instead! :D

thats a bit of a generalisation i do a 40 hour week miniumum as im sure many many other ppl on pvp servers do and ive never considered myself "l33t" i just get fed up to the back teeth of constantly grinding xp its boring its dull and above all else it starts to kill the game off a lil bit of pvp amid the grinding breaks the monotony

each to their own but please dont assume those who are going pvp are no lifers. wow has left a nasty tase in ppls mouths when it comes to pvp and they are scared of going on a pve server and getting the same thing again hence they are going for pvp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom