FreddysHouse Guild - Guild City and City Building

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Heya, I have booked us a Guild City in Poitan, Instance 4.

You have what? This is an outrage! (What is a Guild City?)
A guild city is a place for guild members to socialize. It sits in it's own instance in Poitan with 2 other guild cities (other guilds). It's also in the zone where you can gather alot of different materials for crafting. Some crafted items can only be made in Guild cities (higher tier items) and some buildings give bonuses to certain classes. The barracks gives bonuses to Soldiers for example.

How can I get there?
Go to Wildlands of Zelata (ask in guild how you can get there, it's through the eastern gate in Tarantia), go to the far NW of the map and talk to Viterion, the Poitan City Guide. Say you want to travel to the Guild city (it then says Travel to Poitan). Then you will get to the main keep. (Empty atm).
Check picture:
aocha_guildcity.png

There is nothing here!
We need to build it first. Every building requires Joist, Brick, Plain Facade and Brace. It's built by the Architect profession, a crafting profession you can get at level 40. (Uncron is this)

In addition every building needs a plan. It is drawn up by the architect and requires: Parchment and Drawing Ink (checking where to get this)

1 Joist = 10 Ash
1 Brace = 10 Copper
1 Brick = 10 Sandstone
1 Plain Facade = 10 Silver

How can I help?
Get to level 20, get all the crafting professions in Poitan, Laceish Plains (don't go here atm) or Purple Lotus Swamp. You can also find them spread around in the game world.
Gather for now, Ash, Copper, Sandstone and Silver and hand them to Uncron.

Our first goal will be the Keep which needs:
15 Joist = 150 Ash
20 Brick = 200 Sandstone
5 Plain Facade = 50 Silver
10 Brace = 100 Copper

I've already got some of this, but it will be a guild effort and everyone that can should be able to participate (when you are doing quests, just chop down that tree before moving on). Very little hassle, let's do this! :)

There will always be need for even more, so that you and your fellow guildies get benefits! Bonuses in both PvE and PvP, a place to "hang out", new crafting recipes and MUCH MORE!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Sounds great! As soon as I have my new pc and don't have to freeze and die everytime I try the last Tortage quest I'll be out there collecting. Great stuff!

taB

Part of the furniture
awesome stuff.

I currently have:

61 Ash
24 Sandstone
12 Copper
23 Silver

Will get some more tomorrow morning.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'll grab some materials when i'm out and give u them later on :)

- English -

Resident Freddy
will try grab some tomorrow + friday before all the new folk come onto the servers

Starman

Part of the furniture
hopefully over the next few days I'll get to 20 and be able to start helping. Thank god its a Bank Holiday weekend :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Don't tell me this cr*p starts before we "normal folk" can even enter the server.

No offense and if it's "if you want" then it's fine, but mandatory guild building stuff is just...fun sucking bad.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
I will prolly try the resource zone ...
every resource is depleted in every instance atm

rynnor

Rockhound
I think Sandstone is probably the least available - I have a fair bit of Ash/Silver and will scrounge more tommorow.

On Sandstone - the desert zone by Khem is bugged and these rescources do not regenerate - can anyone tell me what zone they got some from so I can farm it?

rynnor

Rockhound
Don't tell me this cr*p starts before we "normal folk" can even enter the server.

No offense and if it's "if you want" then it's fine, but mandatory guild building stuff is just...fun sucking bad.

You might as well get the gathering proffesions as one trainer has no bra!

Then you can just pick up stuff as you pass on your xp quests - no need to go out specifically searching for stuff unless you want to?

It hasnt really started yet tho - no-one can currently build anything - everyone just has an empty instance - the npc that sells plans is currently removed to prevent people rushing too far ahead.

taB

Part of the furniture
There's no real way to specifically search for stuff anyways as people are harvesting stuff pretty regularly now.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Then you can just pick up stuff as you pass on your xp quests - no need to go out specifically searching for stuff unless you want to?

It hasnt really started yet tho - no-one can currently build anything - everyone just has an empty instance - the npc that sells plans is currently removed to prevent people rushing too far ahead.

Yeah, just cautious since last guild i had the pleasure of "dealing" with went apesh*t 'cause i wanted to make money for myself by my gathering trait.

Go figure, want to gather wealth for yourself too.

rynnor

Rockhound
Yeah, just cautious since last guild i had the pleasure of "dealing" with went apesh*t 'cause i wanted to make money for myself by my gathering trait.

Go figure, want to gather wealth for yourself too.

True enough - I also would reccomend that people dont donate stuff they need to do the initial crafting quests (you need to harvest 20 of each type) since doing those quests lets you harvest extra types of rescource from the same rescource node.

For example - Silver - when you first start your gathering skills you will only harvest silver from this node - once you have completed the first quest you will still get silver but also have a small chance of harvesting ruby silver - tier 2 silver :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

LOL - where do I get a copy??? :D

Stickified...

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
atm i can offer:
26 copper
55 silver
32 sandstone
23 ash
but these are not enough even for 1 tower of the wall...
it will take for ever farming resources

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
to build the lvl1 keep , the 5 towers, the 10 walls and the gate
320 ash
520 sandstone
50 silver
160 copper

cba to count the fully operational keep

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yup, it's not a solo effort. If everyone chips in now and then, it'll be done no problem. :) Remember that you are not alone in this collective effort.

We'll take things one step/building at a time and of course it's not mandatory, those that want to help build something permanent are more than welcome. :)

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
what is the criteria for starting/booking the guild village?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
what is the criteria for starting/booking the guild village?

Guild leader level 40 and 24 members in guild to book a spot. Architect crafting profession by someone in the guild (usually guild leader) to build buildings. It also cost gold to buy the stuff to make the plans.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I'm really struggling to get resources, every time I happen on a node its max 15%. I've not even managed to fill the quest criteria, any tips?

taB

Part of the furniture
It's really difficult atm Pez, everyone has the harvesting skills and seems to use them at every point. I was thinking about instances in the gathering areas, would it be possible to gather all resources in one instance and then switch to another and repeat?

I have read that our guild city instance resources will just be for us and the other two guilds towns in our area, but am not sure how that would work to be honest.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Guild Keep is up. Mind you, buildings do nothing atm. In a few weeks they will probably have useful functionality (teleporters, traders etc).

Next building will be trade post. After that we'll have to vote / discuss which building to erect. Keep the donations coming guys, we are doing great! :)

dee777

Loyal Freddie
So far I am a tad puzzled why you would need walls on a PvE server. AFAIK you can attack the cities on PvP servers and OFC you can attack battlekeeps, but walls in the crafting areas dont seem to make sense. If you had tons of resource nodes within the walls it would be a different story, but I didnt see any so close to our town...

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Trade Post is up! An empty shell, but still. :)
Excellent going with the donations!
What will the next building be? We'll have to decide. When the time is right I'll ask for everyone to give their opinions (when we know exactly what benefits the profession / crafting buildings give).

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
Trade Post is up! An empty shell, but still. :)
Excellent going with the donations!
What will the next building be? We'll have to decide. When the time is right I'll ask for everyone to give their opinions (when we know exactly what benefits the profession / crafting buildings give).

you basically need temple and gate next to make most of the other buildings anyway. Lots of prereqs for each buildings its kinda already decided the order you make the buildings in by the way they've made the prereqs

kaizez

Fledgling Freddie
rogue building!

i went to the covenant guild city south of us (they steal all the resources :( ) they have everything but walls up... looks real nice

what materials do we need now? i can get most resources now as i finished getting all the rare parts today.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Always- Ash, Sandstone, Copper or Silver until otherwise is notified. And most of all cash.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Can also add you can port to guild city from any of the 3 guys standing outside resource zones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom