Fred Phelps dead

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
...so for once I'm happy to click "like" on Facebook.

Whilst I'm sure the proper thing to do would be to not sink to the bigoted old God-botherer's level, I for one am looking forward to the massive Gay Pride parade/carnival that will inevitably take place outside his funeral.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
winner

what a cunt, glad hes gone, rest of his family next please

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
RI-lol

The frustrating thing is, he was apparently excommunicated from that particular looney-bin so they will probably carry on regardless.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
All these "yei a guy died!" threads are just as bad if not worse.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't know why people have such hang ups about death. He was a spiteful, evil little cunt, now he is no longer around. Good news all round surely?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
referencing something Paul Eddington once said...

"A journalist once asked me what I would like my epitaph to be and I said I think I would like it to be 'He did very little harm'. And that's not easy. Most people seem to me to do a great deal of harm. If I could be remembered as having done very little, that would suit me."

and that is exactly why we are better off with people like this dead, anyone who thinks otherwise is a cabbage :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Toht in devil's advocate shocker.

Again wrong use of devils advocate. I'm not defending the guy, i'm saying "yei someone died" threads are in poor taste, childish and no different from the guy himself celebrating gays being dead or some such.

Im not saying that to challenge the views of the guy, or saying it because i don't necessarily believe in it "just because".

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm not saying you're defending him at all but taking the opposite view to the majority just to spark debate (or be argumentative in your case :) ) is very much playing the devil's advocate. It's not to do with his views as much as the sentiment regarding his death. Which is that he was a absolute cunt and the world is a (tiny, tiny) bit better without him. Truly bad people deserve no respect when they pass.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Truly bad people deserve to be forgotten, not have their deaths celebrated and displayed like a head on a spike.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Toht is right in this case, this thread serves no purpose.

Normally I'd agree, but in this specific case, there's a not-at-all-surprising amount of schadenfreude going on, because of the likely circus at his funeral.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Truly bad people deserve to be forgotten, not have their deaths celebrated and displayed like a head on a spike.
I agree 100% with this, but still i cant help to think that one less asshole in the world makes the world a better place.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
My mate Graham could do with one less asshole. He farts for two people. I've seen him clear a room in seconds. I won't get on a tube train with him.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I like this. The WBC was protesting somewhere yesterday and these people were standing on the other side of the road...
3C8JHrF.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In a way it's a loss to the gay rights folks too. If you're putting forward an agenda, do you want your opposition to be calm and seemingly sensible, or Mister Coocoopants from Sillyville?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
In a way it's a loss to the gay rights folks too. If you're putting forward an agenda, do you want your opposition to be calm and seemingly sensible, or Mister Coocoopants from Sillyville?

His crazy family didn't all die too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom