Fraps help

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
Ive tried using lots versions of fraps,

But everytime i record the video footage seems to be already compressed and quility is shitty, i remember making my ns vid and the footage was a huge file and ingame quility

Ive tried recording fullsize/halfsize and all different kinds of fps but still shit :<

Anyone know why?

Biohazarddk

Loyal Freddie
What resolution are you running? If you're running higher than 11xxXxxx then you need the newest version - AND a dualcore CPU. I'm using 2.81 and a dualcore AMD cpu while running 1280x1024 - and perfect quality! :)

illu

Part of the furniture
1152x864 I think is the maximum Fraps goes to before AUTOMATICALLY recording in half size mode, which looks blurry.

Do like the guys said above, get new version and follow instructions and get ready for uber sized files :>

Oli - Illu

Everz

FH is my second home
anyways to make it run without knocking my fps donw to 3-4 ;<?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Try another forum section and maybe buy a retail copy with some support instead of pirating? :p

illu

Part of the furniture
anyways to make it run without knocking my fps donw to 3-4 ;<?

I found fraps really processor and computer intensive and had big fps drop too. I imagine the only way to get nice fps while recording is making sure everything is top notch. Big Ram in computer 2gb+, Fast Harddrives, game on 1 harddrive, recording on another harddrive, defrag your disks, have fast cpu. Basically it is power hungry so I think you need a pretty good pc in general for Fraps.
The alternative is Gamecam which I find is better for people with not great computers like me :>

Oli - Illu

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
i always had same problem with my fraps. And i dont think i even have the oportunity to choose resolution in mine:p My files get huge anyhow, but still a bit blurry. Cant see exactly what is written in chat etc, but it looks ok otherwise though. Not sure why this is tbh^^

Septina

Part of the furniture
Fraps will always record in the resolution of your application/game and as Illu said, it has a maximum resolution to record in full size.
However, if you have a dual core processor they have added a feature in the newer releases of Fraps so you can record in higher resolutions at full size.

not_vintervargen

Fledgling Freddie
1280*768 takes 2gb/minute, so i guess 1280*1024 will take about 3.. and when you do that you pretty much have to have 2 separate hds. (personally i had 3, windows/daoc/frapsfolder), and the recording hd has to be pretty much unused during the sessions, aka no torrenting/downloading/uploading going on in it.. (3gb/min equals a writing speed of 50mb/s which generates a huge load on le hd)

^those numbers are from a 45fps recording, didnt want lower as the game locks to the set FPS..

Everz

FH is my second home
I found fraps really processor and computer intensive and had big fps drop too. I imagine the only way to get nice fps while recording is making sure everything is top notch. Big Ram in computer 2gb+, Fast Harddrives, game on 1 harddrive, recording on another harddrive, defrag your disks, have fast cpu. Basically it is power hungry so I think you need a pretty good pc in general for Fraps.
The alternative is Gamecam which I find is better for people with not great computers like me :>

Oli - Illu

hmm ill use that then cos i even have a huge fps drop when running toa client/no effects/names etc

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
Tried everything, owell fuck it ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom