Fraps and the CoC

B

BlitheringIdiot

I was reading on the VN boards and apparantly somewhere in the CoC we agreed to not take any screenshots or video footage using other software, all screenshots must be using that stoopid PlayOnline Viewer and as such has the little copyright thing at the bottom.

Is this true? Is there anyway for me to get around this, if I were to record some footage in Fraps but kept a little 'copyright blah blah...' not at the bottom, all the way through the video, would this be ok?

Ta. :)

S

Sharma

Quite a few use fraps i think.

Dont think its detectable by the servers as it doesnt contact the servers so..

Just dont go publishing the screenshots willy nilly on the internet. :p

B

BlitheringIdiot

The thing that kept me playing DAoC for the last 2-3 months was making movies of various things and sharing it with my guild. Seems kinda pointless me making a video but not being allowed to post it because for others to see because its illegal.

What about if fraps was run from a second PC, that way it isnt 3rd party software that could interfere with the game (OMG H4XX!1).

On FFXIonline.com they have several videos (a bit crap though). How did they get around it to make that legal?

I just dont understand why they want to protect against people making videos.

O

old.tRoG

Suppose you could use it, and just stick a wee 'All models/textures etc. copyright blah' message at the end.

They're hardly going to ban you for publicising their game a bit with a nice video.

W

Whisperess

The PlayOnline screenshot grabber sucks badly - and it can't do movies. It can't even store unlimited amounts of screenshots! ( this pissed me off royally, 100 - and that's it - and it saves all screenshots at quarter-resolution with bad-quality jpeg !! )

If they insist on me not using fraps - I'll meet them half-way and add the "Copyright (C) 2002,2003 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved." part as a comment and at the bottom-right of the screen. But I will still use Fraps to take screenshots and movies due to reason mentioned in previous paragraph.

O

old.tRoG

I still can't figure out how to take screenshots ingame :p

Been hitting printscreen as it says in the manual, but nothing happens. Bah.

N

-Nxs-

Press scroll lock first to remove the menu's then print screen

Sucks ehh - FRAPS for teh win

B

BlitheringIdiot

Then once you've taken them with PlayOnline Viewer (and got over the copyright bit and the fact that they are tiny and in shite resolution) you actually have to find where they are kept.

Obviously they would be put in:

C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pub\home01\open\ScreenShots\FinalFantasyXI\

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom