Fraping HELL help with fraps pls!

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
Got amd athlon 64 pc with 2 gig ram
Nvidia Geforce 5200 graph card
80 gig hdrive...

Now ive tried running fraps in 800 600 mode same as daoc resolution to minimise system useage and workloads etc but it still only gives me 1 fps maybe 2 if im lucky-tried useing a better graph card but still same thing..
only solution i can think of is writting to a diffrent media source or hdrive ?
is this my problem? running daoc and trying to write to same drive? or is there something else im missing? any help appreciated...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Try Gamecam or whatever its called. Supposed to be easier to run

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
best thing to do is always record to a second physical hard-drive
OS/Daoc on C drive
fraps output folder on D drive works super dooper for me

kirennia

Part of the furniture
With a computer under par for frapsing, having a SATA drive should help over an IDE as the file transfer rate is much faster. Only programs like this will be noticeably effected due to the huge amount of data having to be written on the spot. I'm guessing you're still on IDE as it's 80gig although I could be wrong.

Also, your graphics card should be the next thing considered for upgrading if you're able to fit it yourself. I've got a 6600GT and it's still only just fast enough for fraps whilst playing. This will cost about £20. For performance - money comparing, I don't think you'll find anything better for that little cash.

Also, what speed is the processor? Might have something to do with it also...

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
800x600 is huge to record at - try doing 50% size for recording as a test 1st of all - you may be just thrashing the disk....

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
With a computer under par for frapsing, having a SATA drive should help over an IDE as the file transfer rate is much faster. Only programs like this will be noticeably effected due to the huge amount of data having to be written on the spot. I'm guessing you're still on IDE as it's 80gig although I could be wrong.

Also, your graphics card should be the next thing considered for upgrading if you're able to fit it yourself. I've got a 6600GT and it's still only just fast enough for fraps whilst playing. This will cost about £20. For performance - money comparing, I don't think you'll find anything better for that little cash.

Also, what speed is the processor? Might have something to do with it also...
Been using a 6600GS for 2 years with fraps, recording onto the same IDE 120Gb HD Ive always had, with a 2.6 AMD Athlon (32bit), 1Gb memory and mine works fine. Before offering to rip into someones credit card for new parts its worth considering the program settings Takh mentioned, its often down to software and costly upgrades (LOL@ £20 for a 6600GT, try closer to £60 on ebay for a 2nd hand one, I know ive been looking!) which maybe unecessary.

Olvoair

Fledgling Freddie
Been using a 6600GS for 2 years with fraps, recording onto the same IDE 120Gb HD Ive always had, with a 2.6 AMD Athlon (32bit), 1Gb memory and mine works fine. Before offering to rip into someones credit card for new parts its worth considering the program settings Takh mentioned, its often down to software and costly upgrades (LOL@ £20 for a 6600GT, try closer to £60 on ebay for a 2nd hand one, I know ive been looking!) which maybe unecessary.

5200 is a little bit low though isnt it? 4 generation old budgetcard. 6600GT is, even if its old, still a fairly good card for DAOC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom