Frame Rate indication in RTCW

L

legendario

Ok I want to do a performance test in RTCW..

Is there a timedemo/demo that can be used to get a measure of performance in return to castle wolfenstein (as in Q3). I know how to display the frame rate (in game) but I am looking for an average performance.

I realise this has probably been posted before but I cant find any reference to it and tbh I'm also too lazy :)

Can someone please help me :)

Cheers

Leggie.

D

d_g

look for timedemo rtcw checkpoint demo at http://www.guru3d.com/files/
(also other benchmarking tools there)

there's also the Qbench which uses same demo afaik, but has a standard config etc to enable comparison with other comps.

L

legendario

Ok I ran the checkpoint demo...with recommended setup and varying resolution. I changed com_maxfps to 200 and turned vsync off, but no matter what res I run it in the result seems to be capped at 85 fps (i.e I get that result for all resolutions)

Doen any1 know how to get fix this.

I have an xp2100/ti4400/512 DDR so I know I should be getting better than this.

Latest detonators and 4 in 1s installed too.

Thanks

Leggie.

D

d_g

?? Not sure what you mean.

Your supposed to run the checkpoint demo as timedemo... it should speed through, showing each frame as fast as possible, then based on the amount of time it takes, calculate your average fps for the entire demo, max_fps i dont think comes into it.

NB: I got a touch over 100fps if i mind right, xp1600 512ddr & gf3ti200.

I didnt think much of what rtcw considered reccomended for my card, and changed most of it in the options screen (then later tweaked more using cfg). If you check the readme that comes with wolf, theres some comments on basic cfg tweaking - especially com_hunkmegs. If you still get 85 then look at hw settings, BIOS etc.

try changing your monitor refresh and see what happens, in case v_sync being fussy.

Users who are viewing this thread