FPS games.

W

Wij

What happened to them ? They are so dull these days. I installed the latest version of jDoom last night and to my surprise I was playing an FPS game I enjoyed. It was fun !! :eek7:

Realism can kiss my hairy ring. Storylines can bend over and take it roughly from my double shotty !1!1!1

Doom > All.

(Doom 3 WILL suck though)

:eek:

W

Will

Get Serious Sam Gold which was released today. You'll love it, it takes me back to the good old days.:)

W

Wij

Got SS and SS 2. Pretty good.

I just realised how much I've hated most FPS games recently. Especially BF1942 :)

T

Testin da Cable

been taking a wee break from FPS myself...though I do plan on getting unreal2 soonage :)

L

leggy

I was a serious FPS fan during the days of doom and duke nukem but i agree, they have become quite dull.

Deus Ex has been the best recently because it incorporated some RPG elements (i use RPG loosely here :))

Even MOH got boring soon into it.

Unreal 2 should be delivered tomorrow but i suspect that i'll have it sent back by the end of the week.

The only games worth playing from this genre at the minute are Op Flash and bf1942 and even then a lot of peeps hate battlefield (i love it personally). Although Op Flash isnt really a FPS game as such.

L

Lester

I'm not sure I could ever play a single person version of any fps again. After a few levels they just become boring and you've always the opportunity to keep trying the same bit until you get it right. The unpredictability of human opponents is more fulfilling imo.

C

.cage

I kinda feel like most developers these days try to cram as many features as possible into FPS's, whereas doom, qw etc. have only 8 weapons, and none of the stupid powerups or faggy rubbish seen in UT/2k3 or buy menus (Whoever thought of that has problems) of CS, just proper FPS action.

From what i'm told, btw, Unreal 2 is shite. I was contemplating wasting my bandwidth on it, but remembering it had "Unreal" in the title killed that thought :(

W

Wij

Doom is never boring. And you can play Doom multiplayer. Realism squad games are just horrible, horrible shitey-wank.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Wij
Realism squad games are just horrible, horrible shitey-wank.

yes!

in fact...

Originally posted by Wij
Realism squad games are just horrible, horrible shitey-wank.

T

throdgrain

Yep Lester I find single player boring too. I agree with Leggie that BF1942 is excellent, but its all a matter of taste of course.
I have no doubt that Operation Flashpoint is to me the best single player game for years, in fact I would argue that its better than playing it online, which is very unusual.

M

Mellow-

I don't play games, they have an adverse effect on me. The last game I played was pacman and I ended up going around popping pills and trying to eat people.

W

Will

Originally posted by leggy
The only games worth playing from this genre at the minute are Op Flash and bf1942 and even then a lot of peeps hate battlefield (i love it personally). Although Op Flash isnt really a FPS game as such.
Funnily enough, thats all I play too. Though I bought Serious Sam : TSE recently, and it rocks. And I've bought Unreal 2 today, I thought I'd give it a go. Though since I'm posting here rather than playing, I guess it didn't do too well.

L

leggy

I never got into serious sam although I so have a copy of the second encounter which i might start playing again.

It's appeal is the no-brains, fast reaction frag fest that it is :)

W

Wij

And the fact that it has gameplay as opposed to cinematics and accurately modelled weapons :)

N

nath

For a console FPS, halo is actually a lot of fun.

W

Wij

True. Halo was good. Not mind-blowingly good but pretty good.

P

Panda On Smack

how would i go about having a interent game of Doom on win2k?

It used to be a modem thing built in but thats not applicable anymore as its DOS etc.

W

Will

Go look up jDoom and work from there...it isn't too hard, though you need a fatter connection than you'd think for a multiplayer game.

T

throdgrain

I played it on a Lan at work I remember a few years ago, on two mighty 486 machines !
Was fun for about oooo 15 minutes :)

W

Will

jDoom has moved Doom on a bit, from sprites to high-res models if you want it too. And it lasted me about...a week before I got bored of it.

After my rather poor review of Unreal 2, its started to grow on me a bit. Enough to totally lose track of time, which must be good.;)

M

mank!

Originally posted by Mellow-
I don't play games, they have an adverse effect on me. The last game I played was pacman and I ended up going around popping pills and trying to eat people.

omg, that had me in stitches :D

M

mank!

Only FPS games I play are CS and Q2. Neither of which I play very often.

I've never been one for single player games either, although I completed Nightfire with a mate recently which was fun. Took me back to my GoldenEye days. I do however play Champ Man far too often :(

M

Mr. 47

i useually get about 25% to 50% of the way through a game then discover the level editor...

try RED (Red Faction Editor) its mega powerful (+ complicated...)

Users who are viewing this thread