FPS gain classic vs SI client.

O

old.giriam

My computer is mediocre at best, I have no problem in normal rvr, I lag quite a bit in DF, and the housing zone is a royal pain (occationally I see 6 second freezes before the screen updates in that place).

This saturday there was some action at renaris (I think, I had quite a few beers at that point and the details are kinda blurry). Anyway with massive amounts of albs and mids(?) there my computer responded with an update of the screen every 10 seconds or so, needless to say that didnt turn out too well for me.

So, the question is this, will I get a significant FPS boost if I revert to the classic client? Has anyone tried this? Can I still access SI zones? Will I still be able to tab out and surf for pr0n while I'm on the pad?

G

S

Sibanac

no SI on clasic client, no alt tabing without 3rd party apps.

on my lappy (P3 750 or so crap vid card) SI client is near unusable.

on main pc (xp 2000/gf4 ti 4200) SI client is faster in zergs

O

old.giriam

Bleh, guess I have to stay away from big fights then.

G

T

Tesla Monkor

Better start saving up for a new computer.. if you have trouble with SI, you won't be able to play ToA at all.

C

cHodAX

ToA is supposed to give more options on graphical detail and if I remember rightly the new graphics engine is much improved performance-wise over the version used in SI.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by cHodAX
ToA is supposed to give more options on graphical detail and if I remember rightly the new graphics engine is much improved performance-wise over the version used in SI.

So was SI, problem is the performance improvement is only to top off the line gfx cards older cards just suffered more

C

corel

Originally posted by cHodAX

ive tried the ToA client, abit more laggy then the SI one :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom