Misc Foxes

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I was outside tinkering with my motorbike when a fox walked (not ran, or even padded; walked mind you) past me as if he didn't have a care in the world. I made kissy sounds, he looked up at me, paused, then carried on his nonchalant way.

Leave bin bags out overnight at your peril.

6_440x330.jpg

(Mods: can we have an Animals tag pls)

"A fox passing through the wood on business of his own stopped several minutes and sniffed. "Hobbits!" he thought. "Well, what next? I have heard of strange doings in this land, but I have seldom heard of a hobbit sleeping out of doors under a tree. Three of them! There's something mighty queer behind this." He was quite right, but he never found out any more about it"

(Lord of the Rings)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lamp, who is that person in your avatar?

Foxes suck. We need a national culling excercise. They are far too many.

ileks

Part of the furniture
We get loads in Hackney. They make really weird noises at night. In fact we get all sorts of wildlife in our garden. I shit you not we had two red and green parrots in our tree outside over Christmas, not seen them since mind.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
We are approaching mating season for foxes. They will be very brazen at this time of year - I've seen them run up to me at the edge of the field where I live, two of them run round in a circle, completely ignoring us, the trot off into the distance. I remember when that happened, I looked around and there was another dog walker there, as amazed as I was.

Strangley enough you may think, I like foxes, and all wild creatures, though if it was in a farmers barn, or near the farm, I would have no compunction about shooting it. I'd just rather not, thats all :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Foxes are brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

So few animals are capable to adapting to living in environments that we destroy. Foxes are the best at it. Any kind of culling program would be a) based upon fear and misunderstanding rather than actual numbers and b) pointless, since the population would increase again to this type of level.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
He's the only townie I know that doesn't like Foxes, most of us aren't like that ;)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
They have adapted amazingly well. Seem to see them everywhere these days.

We've had a few popping into my parents garden on a regular basis, just chasing each other about and generally having a laugh, they dont bat an eye when you go out there either, just a quick look to see what your doing then they just carry on with their fox-shizzle.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Foxes shouldn't be killed, if we're gonna kill foxes, let's kill domestic cats whilst we're at it, they're just as bad.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Is nobody going to call out Lamp n his beastiality, tryign to lure an innocent fox with his kissy noises?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Its not all its cracked up to be. Foxes aren't very romantic. Tried the posh restaurants & Louis Vuitton handbags. All they want are chicken bones from a bin bag and a shag in the garden.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
One walked within a metre of my cat, I don't know why the cat didn't freak out because he runs a mile when a dog is even in the distance.

@ileks, yeah their noises wake me up at night!

rynnor

Rockhound
I seem to remember in a Gerald Durrell book where he talked about a giant fox the size of an alsatian that was eating the local cats out in the sticks somewhere...

Embattle

FH is my second home
Plenty around here, certainly make some unique noises with one last year that made the most horrific howl.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Foxes are great, usually chuck the scraps out for them each night, but the local cats make sure they know their place.

Remember when my grandad was alive, he used to throw his shoes at them when they were outside screeching lol

I often see them playing with bottles and other things, a mate even had 3 little ones playing on the trampoline in the garden.

Nate

FH is my second home
I hate the bastards, my dog roles in their shit whenever she finds it.

Kill them all.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
One walked within a metre of my cat, I don't know why the cat didn't freak out because he runs a mile when a dog is even in the distance.

@ileks, yeah their noises wake me up at night!
My feral cat kicks the shit out of foxes.

In the country they are a menace.

They don't just kill for food they kill for shits and giggles. On more than one occasion a friend of mine has had all of his chickens killed or so fucked up that they have had to be destroyed anyway. I don't think fox hunting should be legal but shooting them is just fine.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Oh and nothing quite like a female fox in mating season to put the shits up a newbie forest camper :)

gohan

FH is my second home
Badger's look cool but they're vicious little cunts........

Foxes are no worse than cats, cats are right little pricks.

Cats kill for shits and giggles and often torture and toy with their prey, evil little fuckers.......

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Loads near me, I hate them. Some people down the road put bin bags full of rubbish next to their wheely bin and foxes tend to rip them open leaving shit all over the street.

They often pass through our garden, I was a bit worried about putting my cat out a few months ago (was only 6-8mo old when we were first letting him out) but he's a fucking pro and chases them away.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Bring them over to the Netherlands. We've got a goose problem over here and are introducing foxes atm.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Why? They are our largest surviving predator in the UK since we killed off bears/wolves/lynx.

I'm not sure about bears (unless released in enclosed parks) but I think we should certainly bring wolves back. They could easily be managed, and there's plenty of room for them up past Northumbria.

Also, grey squirrels. National cull please, all of them, eliminated. Gone.

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
I seem to remember in a Gerald Durrell book where he talked about a giant fox the size of an alsatian that was eating the local cats out in the sticks somewhere...
Our cat recently went missing and I went for a walk around the local graveyard looking for it. On my way round I came across a fox the size of a labrador blocking the path way. It didn't want to move and I had to walk around it.

My cat still hasn't turned up so I'm guessing it is in the ginger bastards belly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom