Foundations tomorrow?

F

freakyphil

Seems that Wanadoo have issued a press release today announcing the launch of foundations! Wonder if this means we'll actually get it tomorrow as part of the Friday news?

Full press release below...
(Source is gamespress.com)
=======================================
Wanadoo is proud to announce the English release of Dark Age of Camelot: Foundations, a free add-on that can be downloaded from the official game website.

This add-on, published and distributed by Wanadoo and developed by Mythic Entertainment, will allow European players and Dark Age of Camelot guilds to create and equip their own dwellings.

Dark Age of Camelot: Foundations enriches the original version of the game by allowing players from all kingdoms to build four types of dwelling (villa, manor, house, cottage). Depending on their tastes and budget, players will be able to select their location, their plot of land, and modify the exterior (façade, garden, etc.) and interior (paintings, tables, etc.) of their dwelling. There are over 200 objects available, giving over 320,000 possible combinations.

Players will then be able to sell items to other players from their homes, through the intermediary of a merchant hired for this purpose. This merchant will stand outside the player's house trying to sell articles, even when the owner/player is not connected. With Dark Age of Camelot: Foundations, artisans can set up shop in their own houses.
In addition, up to four chests can be placed in each house's cellar. Each of these can hold up to 100 items, doubling the amount of storage space available.

The Dark Age of Camelot: Foundations add-on can be downloaded by Dark Age of Camelot subscribers from the official website: camelot-europe.com. This add-on can only be played with the original Dark Age of Camelot game or with the full version including Shrouded Isles.

Dark Age of Camelot: the original game
Dark Age of Camelot is a "second generation" 3D MMORPG. With over 140,000 copies already sold in Europe, the game has experienced amazing success since February 2002.

At the crossroads of the legendary Knights of the Round Table, Norse mythology and Celtic/Irish culture, Dark Age of Camelot immerses players in an epic universe inhabited by mythological and historical beings.

The player begins by choosing one of three realms : Albion, Midgard or Hibernia - each one with its own variety of races (Trolls, Elves, Kobolds, Dwarves...) and unique classes (Mage, Elementalist, Druid, Warden...) as well as different strengths and types of magic, unique to each character.

For more information about the game visit : camelot-europe.com
============================================
(had to remove the full URLs as I am new to the forum so can't include them)

C

chretien

They usually patch midweek so I'm guessing they'll announce tomorrow on the weekly news and patch next wednesday.

F

frogster

Doubt it. Unless its on the news today they aint gonna just drop the servers tomorrow morning.
Prolly announce that "The translations are going well blah blah"

The simple fact is that only the french beta test has taken place.
That leaves the German and English Public Betas still to take place.
So being as GoA dont actually translate the English side due to the fact that we play using American-English language and not English....we still realisticly are gonna be waiting for atleast 1 week of public beta test for the German language...

Oh well, will make a nice Christmas present for us ^^

And i will eat my santa hat if its otherwise

Z

Zargar

Hello there,

Basically we are very close to being ready with the patch, but learning from experience, we don't patch on Fridays. So the patch will not come this week that much is certain. I just wanted to give you a heads up since the press release could cause confusion.

Usual disclaimer: Even though the patch is "close", things may go wrong and we don't want to give a specific date until things are certain.

-Zargar

F

frogster

Wow :O
Thanks for the update Zargar but!!
Can you confirm or deny that there is still a BETA stage for the German language to complete?

Just want to know if i should start selecting which sause im gonna eat my hat with ;o

K

kemor

Hey there,

Might be a bit vague, but the fact that we will have an open beta for Foundations in German & English is not confirmed yet.
To be honest, with Mythic riding the waves of ToA and us with a bit delayed released of Foundations, I think it's fair to say that we want this patch to go live fast.
Going live fast means that as soon as we get the last bits we need and as soon as they get the "go" in the tests, we will probably bring this baby out and skip the open beta part for German & English languages.

- K, signing out.

O

Ovi1

Originally posted by kemor
I think it's fair to say that we want this patch to go live fast.

ROFL

Original release extimate 2.5 months ago (end Aug)... I would hate to see a patch they went slow on :eek:

C

chretien

Originally posted by Ovi1
ROFL

Original release extimate 2.5 months ago (end Aug)... I would hate to see a patch they went slow on :eek:
He means he wants it out without further delay muppet.
To be honest as long as it's free of major bugs I don't really care how long it takes, I'd rather they spent more time and gave us a patch that worked rather than slapping out a bodge job on schedule.

Edit - typo

G

grebneklaf

Ok i am looking forward to foundations, but to be honest i would actually prefer them to beta it in english and german to.

Over the years i have come to notice that the stuff GOa recieves from Mythic is totally crap(either that og GOA is lying alot) and i futhermore noticed that Kemor said they still needed the last bits, which then obviusly havent been tested.

So Kemor Zargar GOA please use two more weeks, i know your getting flamed from all sides cause we are behind, but think of the flames if we get foundations and its bugged to bits or only works in french.

Also 2 more weeks beta shouldnt slow down translation of the patches we are behind should it, atleast not if its 2 weeks of beta without any real bugs.

O

old.Jable

wow 2 replies from GOA staff in one day? very impressive, although im worried thats our lot till mid-2004 :clap:

:m00:

O

old.Tohtori

Yeah yeah, servers down. We know allready! Shut the fuck up!

FFS! Stop with the GOA sucks threads allready!

Sit back, read a book, go be social. Or do all three, sit back and read what "social" means.

Oh don't mind me, just preparing for the upcoming whinefest. :D

Z

Zebolt

Originally posted by chretien
To be honest as long as it's free of major bugs I don't really care how long it takes, I'd rather they spent more time and gave us a patch that worked rather than slapping out a bodge job on schedule.
I wouldn't :p

O

Ovi1

He means he wants it out without further delay muppet.

What's a "delay muppet"? :eek:

Still waiting for Bug free Pong? :)

Yes, I agree with the principle, but there comes a point when things are too far behind (I mean US and not schedule here...), and 6 months is pushing things a bit far...

S

Sabu

2 replies from GOa!! well thx for the info Zargar-Kemor.

R

red_dog

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Yeah yeah, servers down. We know allready! Shut the fuck up!

FFS! Stop with the GOA sucks threads allready!

Sit back, read a book, go be social. Or do all three, sit back and read what "social" means.

Oh don't mind me, just preparing for the upcoming whinefest. :D

:great:

P

PJS

Yay for us Europeans being able to discover and explore the mysteries of Trials of Atlantis. The mystery being which search engine to type keywords into to bring up links to 100s of maps guides and complete walkthroughs and intricate details of all the master levels that the Americans got bored of months ago.

We still have the exploration though. We will have to search high and low for enough people to form a battlegroup to do the MLs. The challenge being to find someone who hasnt left to play FFXI, Horizons, WoW, EQ1/2, etc.

Yes, Im bitter, I know. /accountmoveUSA command please.

T

Tesla Monkor

Noone is forcing you to go and read the spoiler sites.. ;P

If you're waiting for GOA to catch up with Mythic patchwise.. leave the game. They never will, since it's impossible. We'll always be a few patches behind.

Relax. It's a game. :)

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
We'll always be a few patches behind.

Few patches would be ok, but many months wouldn't

K

Krakatau

Originally posted by PJS

Yes, Im bitter, I know. /accountmoveUSA command please.

That's the command highest on my list for Santa ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom