O

old.yaruar

FIrst of all pc spec

Shuttle mobo
Athlon 2500 (barton core)
1gb pc2700 ram
G-force 5600 ultra
80gb udma133 drive

Having a problem specifically on this pc.

It works fine for Classic and SI lands and operates reasonably well in rvr.

However when I go into the Housing zone my whole pc locks up for 10 seconds + at a time constantly, not just the game but the whole pc.

So far this has happened everytime I log into the housing zone on that pc.

Whilst looking at the processor usage game.dll was using 99%-100% processor usage almost constantly.
The memory seems fine and the processor seems fine and they benchmark at decent levels.
Ran a full defrag on the drive and still occuring...

Any ideas?

Drivers for the gfx card were latest when I build the machine a couple of nonths ago, latest version of direct x.

C

chretien

Game.dll always uses as much processor time as it can. If you've nothing else running then it will usually be around 99-100%.
If you're fine everywhere else except housing then there's clearly nothing wrong with your PC. I'd uninstall and reinstall foundations to see if that helps as it seems to be the only area you're having problems with.

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by chretien
Game.dll always uses as much processor time as it can. If you've nothing else running then it will usually be around 99-100%.
If you're fine everywhere else except housing then there's clearly nothing wrong with your PC. I'd uninstall and reinstall foundations to see if that helps as it seems to be the only area you're having problems with.

That's what I was thinking, didn't want to do a total reinstall but that will be the next step. maybe then I'll do some more monitoring if things don't work out then.

Users who are viewing this thread