Found DAoC @ HMV...

russ

Fledgling Freddie
DAoC + SI + TOA + Catacombs + 2 Month subscription card + extra 14 days all for £4. Yes, four quid. :worthy:

My heart almost leapt out of my chest when I saw this and it brought back so many memories. I will be installing this little beauty when I arrive home later.

Now I know a lot (understatement?) has changed since I left (I left about 4 months after ToA) and was wondering if any of you actually still play on EU, or most of you have gone US?

If a healthy chunk of you still play EU do most of you congregate on one server or just spread about?

I guess i'm going to have to do some serious research on the classes again, but from what I can remember I'd prefer a decent pet class from Hib/Mid. Failing that I always remember healing being great fun in RvR. So maybe a Druid/Shaman. Oh the possibilities!

I'm welcoming myself back to DAoC :clap::cheers:

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
I do believe to total combined Population for the English server is errr 1.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
O_O Fucking hell, that's cheap. If they had it with the other expansions I'd go and buy it now, I need the DAoC client for something :D

russ

Fledgling Freddie
From looking around it does appear quite a few have gone to the US servers. I take it that I can install the EU version and change some .ini file to be directed at the US servers.

- English -

Resident Freddy
From looking around it does appear quite a few have gone to the US servers. I take it that I can install the EU version and change some .ini file to be directed at the US servers.

yep but u need a US account

russ

Fledgling Freddie
yep but u need a US account

I should be able to do that from the 14 day trial CD-Key from the website? Then of course it automatically turns in to a full account at the end of said 14 days.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I would recommend you go US. It has a better population for english speakers and has the latest patches and has more server options.

If you happen to speak German or French well you can try those servers on the EU, they still have a reasonable population.

russ

Fledgling Freddie
I would recommend you go US. It has a better population for english speakers and has the latest patches and has more server options.

If you happen to speak German or French well you can try those servers on the EU, they still have a reasonable population.

Thanks Cadelin.

I will need to find the US server.dat for my eu copy, I don't fancy downloading 2gb on my slow connection ¬¬.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/labyrinth/mpatch.dat
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/labyrinth/mpatch.dat

thats for lab. Whatever client your using change labyrinth to for eg. Catacombs

Mirianna

Regular Freddie
I should be able to do that from the 14 day trial CD-Key from the website? Then of course it automatically turns in to a full account at the end of said 14 days.

Don't use the 14 day free trial. If you use the update.dat change -English- has given, then select new account, you get upto cata free and 30 days free trial.

russ

Fledgling Freddie
Don't use the 14 day free trial. If you use the update.dat change -English- has given, then select new account, you get upto cata free and 30 days free trial.

Awesome stuff!

Thanks for the help everyone. Hopefully i'll be leveling away tonight!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I still have all my original boxes, yes its sad, and I might sue Mythic under false advertising as my hunter never could morph into a stag as the manual says it can.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Heh, same thing over here in Norway - looked like I'd robbed the store on my way out:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom