Fotm?

Morimdin

Banned
why is cabbies fotm now? are they the reason there is no decent exp grousp?
DISCUSS! :p

Morimdin

Banned
cause everyone makes a matter cabbie and runs of to focus-pull for himself in some deserted corner of cornwall? :)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Why Focus Pull when you can AoE Dot kite Dunters Gobbo's etc ?

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Well, cabalists actually are so much fotm that they gain all their xp 1-50 by RvR.
While they are doing this they are distracting every other class ingame with random sends like "olol i just wtfpwned like rly rly much m8", "BOB ROCKS!", so people get so jealous and angry they stop making regular XP groups.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
what killed xp groups ..original gobbo nerf increased hitpoints stopping everyone except cabby`s going to lyonesse to xp

knock on effect no tree groups ...knock on effect no clerks groups..

welcome to powerlevelling..

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
I blame necros :m00:

Shame i havent got a 2nd account :puke:

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
I imagine Cabalist is FOTM because it's the only Alb class which can debuff its own damage (bar ice wiz but 10% debuff doesn't count).

In answer to your other question I'd say that the reasons there are no decent XP groups now are necros, matter cabalists, Avalon City leech groups and the fact that in 95% of pickup XP groups you'll find a Paladin who's afk for half an hour, a cleric who has to log for his tea 2 minutes after you join the group, an inf who insists on using PA on purple con mobs, a matter specced sorc, etc, etc....

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, cabalists are FOTM, that's why there's as many cabalists as there are savages!

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Nimah™ said:
Your merc is fotm ;I

131 days played, ok xD whoever you are. :p (i still been playing it when it's hard mode vs hibs like now and when it had no ra's too...)

The only fotm now is hib ^^

Not much old mercs left to be honest.Cabalists aren't fotm either, only see like 25 online max.

seera

Fledgling Freddie
reavers could be, currently lvling my own since i read the uber nerfs they doing on infs in NF, seen mings of reavers in keltoi an or around that lvl... might just be thid tho /shrug

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
rofl, reavers aren't fotm in rvr groups.
and nf will come in 2010...

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Raisthlin said:
LOL
Good to hear that from u :worthy:

don't forget it :cheers:

ty for agreeing me my lovelly guild m8. Btw, I have never said, that reaver is fotm (until NF) in a AoD rvr group, or in any other rvr group, only said that a good reaver can be good in a RvR group. ^^ :cheers:

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
think is is more of a *why cant i get a decent group these days* thread.. now from what i seen..

its either AC or DF.. now surely theres other places in realm yeah.. peeps too pre-occupied with those 2 places to go explore, find nice spot and grab friends.

Ac leech groups: oh god please.. there's a time and a place for that shite.. with my 45 cleric i dont give a flying fuck if u bringing your 50 pally and 19 scout.. rather have a 45 pally and 45 scout.. everyone playing together as a group of 8, but as a group of 6+2 leeches. u only taking up room. do your pl within guild or on another account.. not with peeps looking to xp.. its very very silly.

and as for cabbies yeah.. no.. aint seen many of those groups around in alb.. aint been a problem tbh ( no hp regen here like in hib/mana menty.. so tougher)

xp is still there.. just gotta work harder to get it.. good thing or bad thing? you choose. i prefer hard way.. when i hit 50 with cleric.. i WILL be 50.. not just some pl'd goon on production line.

but whatever floats your boat you know..

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
My cabby is actually group friendly. I hate to solo and I don't powerlevel anyone. Most peeps that join my groups seem to enjoy them and I make a point of letting in the non-group opted classes as there's always a way to use them if you put your mind to it. No the XP isn't the same as a PL session but then I play... to play.

And I suspect here's the rub: you have to put your mind to it if doing something a little different and most people simply don't like that.

Elenos

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:
.. when i hit 50 with cleric.. i WILL be 50.. not just some pl'd goon on production line...

But the worst bit is even though you know youve put loads of effort into your cleric and you can play him/her really well, your no better than a PL'd goon .. and here lies the problem...

Nimah™

Loyal Freddie
Sycho said:
131 days played, ok xD whoever you are. :p (i still been playing it when it's hard mode vs hibs like now and when it had no ra's too...)

The only fotm now is hib ^^

Not much old mercs left to be honest.Cabalists aren't fotm either, only see like 25 online max.

Afrandor, Afran, Nidah, old Pingron etc.

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
lol Bleam, you and your Enh spec / 22 Paladin leech :S
How the frig u got in that group last night i DO NOT KNOW :p
lol only j/k
Tbh matter caba + 50 buffbot and u can chain purples with powerpots. I play my matter caba cause its the most fun thing ive had on DAoC for a long time.
Only reason its not 50 is i need my scout 50 1st and we all know how bastard hard they are to level :S

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
NF should see thing get a little better for groups exping and rvring at the same time. The fact RvR will give a better return than PvE for leveling will probably piss off some PvEers.

I guess you have to ask yourself 'why spend a few money at best level to 50 the old way when you can do it in a week PLing with a necro. After all when you get to 50 you still have ML and RRs to gain before you can start to compeate. The gap between a L50 and L50 RR6+ with MLs is a lot bigger than L45 and L50.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
LOL...

Love those screenies on there...

Giant BOB looks cool, but mini-bob...
He looks great fun... Send him off to attack and no one will see him comming...

Guess that'll be fixed soon :(

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
youngbaba said:
lol Bleam, you and your Enh spec / 22 Paladin leech :S
How the frig u got in that group last night i DO NOT KNOW :p
lol only j/k
Tbh matter caba + 50 buffbot and u can chain purples with powerpots. I play my matter caba cause its the most fun thing ive had on DAoC for a long time.
Only reason its not 50 is i need my scout 50 1st and we all know how bastard hard they are to level :S

Rather chain like 20 yellows at time with high lvl buffbot and healproc from bb on pet to xD

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
thats exactly what i do :D
heres the process i went thru from level 20:

roll char, xfer some gear (AC drops and armor)
go to broken bridge
buff pet, focus shield, send pet in to broken tower
-
go afk
come back after pop
-
or
-
heal pet after battle
-
repeat loads
we get DF, go to soultourns and necyos
farm necyos (using above method)
level some
go stonering
take on 2 purple frogs at once (manual pull as they neutral)

with buffs sapph pet owns. got masses of hp and its own lifetap.
this is best utilized wen farming 10+ blues/yellows at once, as they dont resist. and with specced matter, drop 2 DoTs on a mob, or AoE DoT on a grp of blues, with each tick capping damage on anything less than red mobs due to red acuity buff :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom