Forum software upgraded

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have finally upgraded the forum software to the latest and greatest version 3.7.0. Most of the modifications in use at FH have also been updated to handle the new code and security fixes but as with any upgrade there will no doubt be problems.

If you find any please report in this thread so I can fix. Lastly, thread prefixes, compile a list of new ones you want and I shall add them. Please post them in the following thread https://forums.freddyshouse.com/forum-news314/228137-thread-prefixes.html

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I can see/do stuff to and apparently moderate your social group Deebs.

TdC

also, I want in. I'm 33, I can talk about opp too! (old people's problems). Not as well as you and Jup though ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I can see/do stuff to and apparently moderate your social group Deebs.

Yes you can as you are a mod my friend !

russell

FH is my second home
I have finally upgraded the forum software to the latest and greatest version 3.7.0. Most of the modifications in use at FH have also been updated to handle the new code and security fixes but as with any upgrade there will no doubt be problems.

If you find any please report in this thread so I can fix. Lastly, thread prefixes, compile a list of new ones you want and I shall add them. Please post them in the following thread https://forums.freddyshouse.com/forum-news314/228137-thread-prefixes.html

Well done you x

TdC

also, I dunno about that points and leveling up and things but it's very broken in the DAoC forums.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
should be fixed now. forgot to put images in the right style.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Over the last weeks FH has been really slow for me. After the newes upgrade it is even slower, while your DB seems to be up to the task, the web server seems to be slow.

"Page generated in 0.13527 seconds with 16 queries using server 193.138.95.50" - it takes me usually 30-60 seconds to see the fully build page though with newest stable IE on Vista.

Am using a 16 Mbit/s ADSL line from Versatel in Berlin, Germany. It might be them, who knows, though I can surf on popular UK sites without problems.

Just a hint, since I ain't paying for FH's service I don't expect/request fast response times.

The new point system, it could be placed at better position, there is much info to the left about the user and much to the right but the middle is completly free, a post's height is too big for my taste.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Manisch,

I see no slowdown that you mention. Can you try another machine/Firefox and confirm the speeds? It is pretty much instant here.

Not sure where I will place the point system graphics yet....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just wanted to pop in and do some a**-kissing and say well done, marvelous job, thanks for the fish and i do believe you english people would say:

These new feature really are the deebs bollocks.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
What are the silly bars under peoples avatars? Looks like a post count on steroids ...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Points, level and activity bars really need to go. They look messy and are just going to be used as a epeen the same as post counts were.

Nate

FH is my second home
I still haven't got a Wii Page, do you hate me? :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Points, level and activity bars really need to go. They look messy and are just going to be used as a epeen the same as post counts were.

well, aslong as noone actually tells how to raise them, and possibly changing the way they raise every now and then i dont think ppl will "farm" for it. but it probably will be used in certain arguments involving "well i'm lvl xx and have 100% activity so i know better" and stuff :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
well, aslong as noone actually tells how to raise them, and possibly changing the way they raise every now and then i dont think ppl will "farm" for it. but it probably will be used in certain arguments involving "well i'm lvl xx and have 100% activity so i know better" and stuff :)

Actually just the opposite, by trolls, "just because you hang around here 100% of the time" etc etc.

Would be a fun add t the forums, but not really "dead needed" :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hmmm... It's gone from plain sight, but it's still there is you click the user name, on the pull down menu. Also the activity award that appears by your user name. It is going to result in spam.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh wow. Talking of epeen, the vbexperience tab in your user profile. That needs to go deebs. It leveling up in a forum where we have daoc and wow users? Not to mention some users dedicated to 1 upmanship in any form.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Manisch,

I see no slowdown that you mention. Can you try another machine/Firefox and confirm the speeds? It is pretty much instant here.

Not sure where I will place the point system graphics yet....

Tried yesterday with popular browsers, same result.

Currently FH has fast response times for me.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh wow. Talking of epeen, the vbexperience tab in your user profile. That needs to go deebs. It leveling up in a forum where we have daoc and wow users? Not to mention some users dedicated to 1 upmanship in any form.

So far you seem to be the only person making a big song and dance....

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I doubt many people have seen it yet.

I'm all for increasing the level of activity, but I can see the way this will go. Time will tell I suppose.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
aslong as its not there to "poke ppl in the eyes" i think it will be fine....... i hope :D

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
when i click on the buddies list on the home page, it just takes me to a blank page?

Mey

Part of the furniture

Does that really matter? :sex:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I doubt many people have seen it yet.

I'm all for increasing the level of activity, but I can see the way this will go. Time will tell I suppose.

I'd like to know what the hell everyone is going on about tbh, or am I not looking in the right places?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
quick links, vbexperience, or in the user profile, the vbexperience tab. Gives points for number of posts, rep given and received, blogs posted, threads created etc etc. Crates a rankings tables, give a bar that shows how many points you need to level up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom