Forum layout change

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Sorry, but OT is routed to General for a reason, more order and better community integration are aims this time round, i.e. united under Freddy's roof rather than the historic FH/DAoC split.

Sorry to stir anything up but can you explain this to me as i may be a little slow

Are you saying people find it hard to blend with the FH-OT lot? i personally have no problems and enjoy it there, i know a few Generalites didnt fit in, that who you are talking about?

And by more order do you mean more supervised? thats one thing i love about FH-OT, we are left to look after ourselves (i thank you mods for that)

I disagree with the better community integration, we welcome all... up until you act like a mong and deserve it

I'm not trying to start an arguement or flame bait in any way, just trying to understand that is all

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sorry to stir anything up but can you explain this to me as i may be a little slow

Are you saying people find it hard to blend with the FH-OT lot? i personally have no problems and enjoy it there, i know a few Generalites didnt fit in, that who you are talking about?

And by more order do you mean more supervised? thats one thing i love about FH-OT, we are left to look after ourselves (i thank you mods for that)

I disagree with the better community integration, we welcome all... up until you act like a mong and deserve it

I'm not trying to start an arguement or flame bait in any way, just trying to understand that is all

Sparx - it's the other way round really.... the DAOC crew always had their own little OT area and never really integrated with mainstream FH users... this is aimed at encouraging the WAR players to expand their horizons to the general forums too :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
See that makes perfect sense. Cheers Jup

I know it took me awhile to leave the DAOC forums, but that wasnt a dislike to the rest of FH that was just down to the sheer amount of forums in DAOC and during its busy period there wasnt enough time in the day to post everywhere.

Then found FH-OT and sort of stuck there.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sure.
No, both sides took an unfortunate stand off-ish approach to one another. The fact that you just referred to them as 'Generalites' demonstrates this.
Jup has already explained this elsewhere. Suffice to say "+1" is not going to be the way forward in this section of the forums.
Except you just refered to OT as "we" an entity in its own right. Freddyshouse is the entity, not OT nor General nor Tech help nor Warhammer for that matter. Don't get me wrong it worked both ways people in General do this as well. It just needs to come to an end going forward. New users are a positive addition to the community and need to be encouraged to explore it. By the way, I'm sure whatever "it" is, nobody deserves it ;)
The goal is to bring everyone together from the outset. It's clear from reading General and OT that there is duplication of discussions that could easily be harmonised. OT isn't going anywhere but realistically the whole point of General is that it is for anything "in general" and having an Off-Topic for every RPG would be an endless cycle of pointlessness.

Hope that helped?

Everz

FH is my second home
See that makes perfect sense. Cheers Jup

I know it took me awhile to leave the DAOC forums, but that wasnt a dislike to the rest of FH that was just down to the sheer amount of forums in DAOC and during its busy period there wasnt enough time in the day to post everywhere.

Then found FH-OT and sort of stuck there.

Agreed during the DAoC hayday the place was extremely active so like you i never bothered to look outside of the DAoC sections for posts. After all the TT/GoA etc stuff began to happen and the DAoC areas began to quite down did i then go and look around the other parts of FH. :D

Still, i copied one of the stories from the daoc roleplay or something section for my GCSE coursework and got an A.. good times

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
hmm, see what you mean - the forum description+subforums goes a bit odd in the default theme, it's OK if you use the FH green.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Looks like that to me as well, but only in work.

But then again we still using IE6 so....

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
how about adding the real server names to the Layout now that you know them?

Are a couple missing from the list

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
how about adding the real server names to the Layout now that you know them?

Are a couple missing from the list

Done - sorry for the delay!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Gordoncast-1980.jpg

There you go Earl :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom