Forthcoming RPG's

Kurashima

Fledgling Freddie
After looking around a bit on a few forums last night, i noted there seems to be a real dearth of good concepts coming our way in 2004 for online RPG's. Most of the stuff seems to be pretty formulaic other than city of heroes.

Can anyone guide me towards something i can look at and say "Im genuinely looking forward to see this released"?

:m00:

(PS : Im a n00b. Be gentle :fluffle: )

andree

Fledgling Freddie
Dont know if Darkfall will be released this year but thats the only game that could make me stop playin daoc as it looks atm :)

klicky :)

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Quite honestly not looking forward to anything on the MMORPG front anymore. I'll almost certainly buy EQ2 and WoW but don't hold out much hope for them being the genre busting games that they should be. Now that the novelty of 'thousands of players on one server' has worn off I believe the only thing keeping the masses playing the old RPGs is the community. Perhaps the whole concept of a persistent world is flawed and inevitably people become bored with the same old thing.

Belsameth

Tainted
Rhesus_Minus said:
Lineage 2, I have big hopes for it to be a good game
www.lineage2.com
(although i thought Horizons would be good too)

Playing the beta atm and it's really not worth it.
bad/overly simple quests that mostly just involve killing 712362346 of the same type of mob and a combat system that's slow and boring
(Yay! I fought for a minute, now I can push a button again, instead of staring blankly at the screen, waiting for the pain to end...)
it's only redeeming feature is the graphics...because it does look stunning!
downside of this is the graphic lag you get with more then 5 people on screen...

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
L2 <shudder>

Only things that comes into my mind when i see that is sex sells.

If you like a boring grind, then its right up your street.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I would also like to add on nice graphics.

It pains me when people go woah look at EQ2 graphics ect.

Fact is, as bels has put it, you can't have large scale PvP or raids with out it lagging and fps dropping to a slug.

What makes me want WoW even more, they have well designed game, that has very low system req, so it should be able to hold lots of people in one place.

Knights online graphics ernt great, but it can handle lots of people in the same area with out lag.

Flawless gameplay > Oooohhh Shiney imo!

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Belsameth said:
Playing the beta atm and it's really not worth it.
bad/overly simple quests that mostly just involve killing 712362346 of the same type of mob and a combat system that's slow and boring
(Yay! I fought for a minute, now I can push a button again, instead of staring blankly at the screen, waiting for the pain to end...)
it's only redeeming feature is the graphics...because it does look stunning!
downside of this is the graphic lag you get with more then 5 people on screen...

It seemed like you :) But I thought: Naa, she's too busy idling on IRC...

I got to level 7, then got kinda bored waiting on hp... Still, it's beta. We have to wait for the release, in order to fully appreciate it. And yes, graphics are just breath taking.

Edit: playing on XP 2200, 256 DDR, fx 5700... no graphic slowdown, no matter how many people on screen...

Belsameth

Tainted
Orc town lags badly when it's slightly busier then it is on the usual hours I play...
playing on a p4 3Ghz with 1GB DDR and a G-Force 4 Ti4400.

Release isn't much better then this, the patch after thisone (Prelude) is the one they went live with in Japan, and what they'll use for open beta here.

there's rumours that they won't wipe after beta, and if that's the case I might play it for a bit, unless City of Heroes hurries up :)

Kurashima

Fledgling Freddie
http://fwo.edenii.com/

Thats been keeping me going a while. Excellent Beta , well run and with some helpful players. I guess with it being based on more oriental concepts, its better behaved than the more Western Hack'n'Slash RPG's

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
^^ I'm trying that one out now :) Looks coolio..but i'm at the very, very beginning hehe

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I played FWO for a while, very very grinding. ( beta for 2yrs )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom