Forming a set RvR group.

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
Kraben said:
If you still happen to miss a aug healer I can all but recommend Tirani aka Ketora the Healer. Very solid play from her the times we've run together in the old SC set group. Even if somewhat low rr, rusty (yeah she uses that excuse quite alot) and I believe a mediacore suit (at the time, fully toa'ed now) she always filled out the aug healer spot splendidly. :fluffle:

Indeed :)

And yea, great initiative Cadelin and welcome to the exclusive club of SC drivers, Kraben and myself are the 2 old grumpy ppl on the balcony and Nate the youngster passed out in front of the bar ;)

:m00:

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, thought the sav conc forum regging was optional and that i might get an pm here.
As said though i'm still intrested.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
The most important thing is that if people are asked, and they say they will turn up, then they bloody well do. You will not get a second chance.

I know Cadelin (Fieldsurgeon) has Replacement list. For when people give him advance notice of not being available. So if you need to be on, then make sure you let him know. Make sure he can contact you.

The only way to move from the Replacement list to the main group proper, is to be there whem you are asked, on time with the correct vent details. As groups mature and people move on, then gaps do appear.

Reliability is key.

Field, if a group is resting on the edge of Agramon, then leave them alone, ideally leave them alone when they are resting in the middle ... since if you jump them and win then its merely a phyric victory and tends to make a mockery of your not adding.

You will be looking for time when your power is low and you need to rest. Travelling back to keep is not really an option, pets time etc.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
SkarIronfist said:
Field, if a group is resting on the edge of Agramon, then leave them alone, ideally leave them alone when they are resting in the middle ... since if you jump them and win then its merely a phyric victory and tends to make a mockery of your not adding.

You will be looking for time when your power is low and you need to rest. Travelling back to keep is not really an option, pets time etc.

I disagree. I am not intending to go around looking to pick fights on resting groups but standing in a FoP doesn't give immunity imo. You can see deathspam and if a fight has recently finished you can often see the lag ghost dying etc when you get into clip range. In that situation its easy to tell that the groups involves aren't going to attack you and you can just run on through. But what happens if you come across a group thats been resting for 2+ mins? I am not allowed to attack them but they can at any point move out of their FoP and attack? Or must they wait too? Can they attack me 30 seconds later or what? What happens if we keep meeting a group that beats us can we drop a FoP when we think they are close? I would much rather use my judgement in these situations.

Also explain why you just can't port back? Assuming you can port to Bled/DC/Beno it takes like 1 minute to run back to agramon, you can also go get back your buffbot buffs. There are plenty of pets to charm in and around agramon also or do we have to let the albs buff their charm pets because a ML9 (sorc or other) pet isn't OP enough without being fully buffed?

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
FoP doesnt give immunity and nor should it. Too many times have I left a group to "rest" only to have it falling in our backs. If you rest in agramon its your own fault if you get attacked unprepared. The driver makes the shots if to attack or not.

Surely its noble to leave resting groups but at the end of the day personally ive experienced more bad vibes caused from enemy groups abusing this "rest-and-we-are-safe" bs.

Having to port back is a bit over the top though and I wouldnt do that at least unless group needed a big rebuff. By going back to keep you will not only have to waste time running back but its also a good chance for ppl to go afk a bit ending up in more time wasted.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, thanks. Didn't have to waste money on renewing my account then. I know I would have been mighty pissed if I had been active and some wimpy frostalv had taken "my" spot.

People know where to find me if a spot should open up. So long..

atos

Fledgling Freddie
But as I said before my account is not active and I need insurance that the group is for real before I even bother to renew at this point. Good luck Eithor. Hope you get trained. =/ *grumble*

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Cadelin said:
Also explain why you just can't port back? Assuming you can port to Bled/DC/Beno it takes like 1 minute to run back to agramon, you can also go get back your buffbot buffs. There are plenty of pets to charm in and around agramon also or do we have to let the albs buff their charm pets because a ML9 (sorc or other) pet isn't OP enough without being fully buffed?

Time and its not 1 minute, relistically you are talking 5 mins .... we port back, we have to rebuff pets, then we have to travel back to Agramon. Thats not a minute, that 3 pets to buff. Move the group back to bled. What it also means is that if we did that, we would effectively meet every group, with all our abilities up.

If you see a fop group, then leave well alone.

If you continually circle the fop (effectively) waiting for them to break from the fop, then there is a bloody good chance they will catch you side on.

Which puts you at a disadvantage.

So you move well away and go and look for another fight. Don't stay in the same area. Then when you come back you have some chance of achieving the surprise attack.

Ultimately it will be your call, but don't expect anyone to cut your group any slack :)

To be caught from behind, that you have no one in the group sweeping behind you, for incoming or you are running on a lower speed than skald + sprint.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Kraben said:
Surely its noble to leave resting groups but at the end of the day personally ive experienced more bad vibes caused from enemy groups abusing this "rest-and-we-are-safe" bs.

this is what's the problem with DAoC today (or at least one of the problems) on this cluster (i haven't played anywhere else so i don't know how it's on other servers) but the attitudie is just f*cking awful.

being noble and playing but ''fair'' rules is all well and good but the way ppl start to whine and shit if someone don't follow them. they never ask for honory, they demand it, and start to whine their throats sore if they don't get it. they should all just fuck off tbh.

DISCLAIMER: this post is not directed at SC or anyone else that has posted in this thread.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
pjuppe said:
this is what's the problem with DAoC today (or at least one of the problems) on this cluster (i haven't played anywhere else so i don't know how it's on other servers) but the attitudie is just f*cking awful.

being noble and playing but ''fair'' rules is all well and good but the way ppl start to whine and shit if someone don't follow them. they never ask for honory, they demand it, and start to whine their throats sore if they don't get it. they should all just fuck off tbh.

DISCLAIMER: this post is not directed at SC or anyone else that has posted in this thread.
I agree, the old days were better at that point when you actually had to look out / worry for inc's when resting, and never be safe. It's way too many player made rules today. Child Safety = boring.

Resting inside a fop in the middle of Agramon = you deserve to be bombed!

(Same disclaimer as above; this has nothing to do with SC in particular etc, I just get annoyed by all these player made rules and the policing of people who refuses to follow them no matter how stupid the rules are.)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Unfortunately you can't please all the people all the time and ultimately it is a still game. But ...

"We merely follow the guidelines laid down before previously for agramon."

Its just better to stick absolutely to one rule ... either add or the time or don't add all the time, otherwise the group can't be sure what the driver is going to do ...

If people wish to play to a different set of guidelines, then fine, its their money and their time and that is to be respected. I try to be as ambivalent as possible about things like this (nod to Eben for overstepping this rule last night).

But to be honest we do ok atm, so I suppose I can afford to be relaxed atm. But with the buffing on the run changes (1.85) we have now within game, we can keep moving for everything for bar bladeturn and we will just end up out of the centre for a few minutes.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
SkarIronfist said:
Its just better to stick absolutely to one rule ... either add or the time or don't add all the time, otherwise the group can't be sure what the driver is going to do ...

I have been perectly clear:
If in combat I won't add. If not in combat I will attack.

Which roughly translates to, if I can afford to lose mess I won't attack first.

There is a period of maybe 30 seconds after a fight where its still easy to tell that somebody has just finished fighting, deathspam, ressing/rebuffing, wards still up. This I would consider still in combat. There is probably another 30 seconds to a minute after this where a group "might not be quite ready" but you can't really tell. I'll attack, its a bit of bad luck but it shouldn't happen often.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Cadelin said:
I have been perectly clear:
If in combat I won't add. If not in combat I will attack.

Which roughly translates to, if I can afford to lose mess I won't attack first.

There is a period of maybe 30 seconds after a fight where its still easy to tell that somebody has just finished fighting, deathspam, ressing/rebuffing, wards still up. This I would consider still in combat. There is probably another 30 seconds to a minute after this where a group "might not be quite ready" but you can't really tell. I'll attack, its a bit of bad luck but it shouldn't happen often.

doesn't happen too often? I think, on average, we leave alone at least 5 fop-resting groups, and get treated accordingly by enemy groups another 5 times. That's a shitload if you ask me. Take Skarbonefist's advise imo, lay off resting groups. I know my guild won't leave you alone if you blatently jump us while fop-resting a few times, and I know for a fact that many other guilds are on the same level.

p.s: Porting back takes alot of time. Moreover, not every group, or should I say realm, has the luxury of chucking in a sojourner in their group.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Cadelin said:
But what happens if you come across a group thats been resting for 2+ mins? I am not allowed to attack them but they can at any point move out of their FoP and attack? Or must they wait too? Can they attack me 30 seconds later or what? What happens if we keep meeting a group that beats us can we drop a FoP when we think they are close? I would much rather use my judgement in these situations.

Asking this kinds of questions makes it all sound so artificial and indeed makes it feel there are many stupid rules. You're just making it too complicated.

Common sense is all thats needed, and a good question to ask is "Would BOTH groups consider it a fair fight if we engaged now?".

This will get you much better answer than any of this 30second/2minute/FoP/keep meeting a group/whateverelse bullshit.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
This thread was to ask for possible replacements for a new set group but I also appreciate the advice from the mids who have had to drive groups before. Although I believe we are sorted for the first few weeks I am sure the group setup may change, so feel free to keep contacting me.

I have explained how I intend to drive, I will be perfectly happy if I am treated by the alb and hib groups in exactly the same way.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
So get me in grp then? :D I'll let the hammers fall.

GV-Miera

Fledgling Freddie
if you are planning to run on other days aswell i'm interested in beeing replacement, can only play mondays and wednesdays atm cause of RL stuff on other days...

what i got:

lvl 50 zerker RR7L2 (Miera)
ML10 BL, CL5
Full toa suit

lvl 50 healer RR3L8(Anoewan)
41 mend / 35 aug
ML10 perf
Full toa suit

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:
I agree, the old days were better at that point when you actually had to look out / worry for inc's when resting, and never be safe. It's way too many player made rules today. Child Safety = boring.

Resting inside a fop in the middle of Agramon = you deserve to be bombed!

(Same disclaimer as above; this has nothing to do with SC in particular etc, I just get annoyed by all these player made rules and the policing of people who refuses to follow them no matter how stupid the rules are.)
I totally agreed

kioto2

Loyal Freddie
Willing to join too. Unfortunately my main char is dark SM but maybe there will be a spot.

Name: Zmora, R6L9, ML10, CL5, fully temptated, can join VT, can change clothes colours, can join SC. And at least some of you know me well. :)

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
GV-Miera said:
if you are planning to run on other days aswell i'm interested in beeing replacement, can only play mondays and wednesdays atm cause of RL stuff on other days...

what i got:

lvl 50 zerker RR7L2 (Miera)
ML10 BL, CL5
Full toa suit

lvl 50 healer RR3L8(Anoewan)
41 mend / 35 aug
ML10 perf
Full toa suit

don't take miera! he's never online when you need him :) always pops in around 20 minutes to late :D

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Well we ran group for the first time tonight. It wasn't too bad, we certainly learnt alot. For the 21st, we need a replacement for eben, so some kind of tank for the assist train, zerker, savage, valk.

Also our shaman went LD during the evening and I don't currently have a very big list of replacements shammies. Its also hard to find shammies at short notice because of all the buffbots around. If anybody else would like to put their name forward I will add you to the list of replacements.

GV-Miera

Fledgling Freddie
pjuppe said:
don't take miera! he's never online when you need him :) always pops in around 20 minutes to late :D

If i would know you need me in advance i would defo be there!!

now run more on mid and let me join the group!

ow and: zerker or mend/aug healer lfg rvr on monday and/or wednesday, let me know if you need me :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom